How much of your photography is touched by AI?

3 months 1 week ago #760725 by Cory J
Last nights photography meetup group was pretty interesting.  No joke, I had no idea so many people were using AI with their photos.  We had 17 people up and showing their photos and part of the rules is to disclose what tools you used to get your shot.  Out of those 17 people, 12 had used AI on their photos.  

I haven't used myself and I'm wondering am I sticking in the past or should I dive into the future and accept AI.  Are you using yet?  

Photo Comments
3 months 1 week ago #760726 by Esseff
I sometimes use the healing function in Lightroom to remove things like contrails. I believe it's AI controlled.

3 months 1 week ago #760755 by Moe

Esseff wrote: I sometimes use the healing function in Lightroom to remove things like contrails. I believe it's AI controlled.

You sure about that?  I have no idea, but didn't Adobe use this for last few years?

Photo Comments
3 months 17 hours ago #760950 by Ian Stone
I mess with AI in Photoshop a little, but I wouldn't say it influences a lot of what I do.  I find the results a bit hot and cold, meh.  

Photo Comments
3 months 15 hours ago #760955 by Esseff

Moe wrote:

Esseff wrote: I sometimes use the healing function in Lightroom to remove things like contrails. I believe it's AI controlled.

You sure about that?  I have no idea, but didn't Adobe use this for last few years?

No, I'm not sure. However when I brush over an area in an image and the software 'fills in the blanks' then I assume it's some kind of AI.

AI has been around for decades. Not as refined as it is now but it's been available. It's only with the recent surge in internet fakery and the availability of Chat GPT that it's become a such a buzzword.

2 months 4 weeks ago #760986 by Jim Photo
Whatever is in Photoshop and Lightroom.

Photo Comments
2 months 3 weeks ago #761094 by Photo Junky
I'm using the same process I used 10 years ago with my photos, Photoshop and Lightroom.  So no for me.

Photo Comments
2 months 3 weeks ago #761165 by ShutterGuy
Just whatever is baked into Adobes products, I don't have a problem with AI, just not paying much attention to it

Photo Comments
2 months 2 weeks ago #761279 by Kenta
In 5 years like it or not, all of our photos will be touched with AI

Photo Comments
2 months 2 weeks ago #761377 by Randy Shaw

Jim Photo wrote: Whatever is in Photoshop and Lightroom.

+1 I was going to say the same.  Both of these heavily lean on on AI don't they?

Photo Comments
2 months 1 week ago #761458 by Finn
Very little intentionally.  Now what is happening in the software I use, not known to me.  

Photo Comments
2 months 5 days ago #761615 by Kenya See
I don't have a problem with AI being used as a tool.  It's when people don't disclose they used AI is what gets me. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024