D3s finally died.

3 weeks 3 days ago #762976 by Crammer
That makes sense, ride that out as long as you can and save a few bucks.

Photo Comments
3 weeks 2 days ago #762985 by ThatNikonGuy
D800 was in my opinion a turning point camera for Nikon.  I still have mine and will never get rid of that camera.  True work horse thats just fun to shoot with.  

Photo Comments
3 weeks 2 days ago #763016 by Scotty

ThatNikonGuy wrote: D800 was in my opinion a turning point camera for Nikon.  I still have mine and will never get rid of that camera.  True work horse thats just fun to shoot with.  

Still have mine and have 0 desire to upgrade. I'm thinking about grabbing a few 1.4G  primes up, 24, 35, and 85 since you can get them pretty cheap now.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
3 weeks 1 day ago #763055 by CanonKid
A buddy of mine is in the same boat and refuses to move to Nikon mirrorless.  The silver lining to all of this is that he now has most of the best of the best glass for the older mount, and he paid pennies on the dollar compared to what it would have cost just 5 years ago.  

Canon 7D, 15-85mm, 18-55mm, 70-200mm, 100mm Macro, Sigma 120-300mm, Speedlite 430EX II

A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office

Photo Comments
3 weeks 18 hours ago #763103 by KENT MELTON
RIP D3, you had a good life.   NOW, I would go with the D4 all day :beerbang:

Photo Comments
3 weeks 17 hours ago #763104 by Scotty

CanonKid wrote: A buddy of mine is in the same boat and refuses to move to Nikon mirrorless.  The silver lining to all of this is that he now has most of the best of the best glass for the older mount, and he paid pennies on the dollar compared to what it would have cost just 5 years ago.  

That's where I'm at. I'm going to LOAD UP.

Photo Comments
3 weeks 17 hours ago #763106 by KENT MELTON
Smart move if you want my 3 cents 

Photo Comments
3 weeks 17 hours ago #763107 by Scotty

KENT MELTON wrote: Smart move if you want my 3 cents 

looking at the 24, 35 and 85 f/1.4g first, may look at tilt shifts after that.

Photo Comments
3 weeks 6 hours ago #763121 by Fess Walker
Tilt shift lenses would be fun to own.  Just never could justify the cost.  Have you looked at pricing on this mount yet?  

Photo Comments
2 weeks 6 days ago #763145 by Scotty

Fess Walker wrote: Tilt shift lenses would be fun to own.  Just never could justify the cost.  Have you looked at pricing on this mount yet?  

I think they're going for 400ish now?

Photo Comments
2 weeks 5 days ago #763183 by Ira Weber
My vote is for the D4s

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024