What shot have you been wanting to take?

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #32692 by crystal
I'm sure we all have that moment shot we want to take. Either we try every weekend, and never succeed or never had the opportunity.

I want to capture eagle, osprey, heron catching a fish straight out of the water. Right at that moment.

I have some shots of an eagle eating a fish, but they are far away shot..I want close up.
I have one shot of an osprey carrying a fish, but it's not a good shot. I want better.

I want to capture eagles on snow.

I was able to capture thousands of snow geeze flying that I only thought I would see on National Geographic. However, the pictures are not my best. I will get better phots.

I want to photograph wolves in the wild, especially Yellowstone wolves, but any wolves in the wild would be great.

I was able to photograph a mother bear and her 3 cubs, but the pictures were blurry due to low light. I want better.

I've been told there are foxes in my area. I have no yet seen a live one and I want photos of a fox. My husband and I were able to take pictures of a fox and her 5 cubs, in NY. had the 500mm, but still did not get close enough.

I want to not only see, but photograph the northern lights.

In the wild..polar bear, moose, cougar, cheetah, tiger, lion and of course all the babies. Baby animals are just too cute.

I want to capture more of the Grand Canyon. I only got the typical tourist shots.
Yosemite national park
Arches national park
Glen Canyon national park
Glacier national parrk
Redwoods

I'm sure there is more...
13 years 3 months ago #32695 by Joves
Well I have several that never seem to work out as I want. There are several ghost towns I go to hoping for the money shots of their abandoned building but, I still havent got the money shots as I see them.

Now as far as your problem with the money shots of raptors, make a Ghilles suit that will work in your area. Get to the site before dawn and setup where you know they like to hang out. It is still hit and miss as is any of those shots but, the art of stealth gets you more opportunities.

13 years 3 months ago #32697 by chasrich
My list is pretty long as well. One photo that I wanted to take for more than a year finally made it into my memory card. I'll pop it in here.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
Attachments:
13 years 3 months ago #32706 by crystal

chasrich wrote: My list is pretty long as well. One photo that I wanted to take for more than a year finally made it into my memory card. I'll pop it in here.

Nice hummingbird shot. Yea for many years people in my area said there are humming birds. I never seen one. Then 3yrs ago, I moved back into the country..renting a house. My landlord who unfortually lived next door, said there are hummingbirds and they feed the birds. So we bought a hummingbird feeder and sure enough, I got hummingbirds. And of course took pictures. Which is funny, that rental house was only down the street from where I grew up, for 17yrs living in my parents home, I never saw a humming bird. lol So now that I live in town, I have a my feeder up and last summer took more humming bird shots.
13 years 3 months ago #32746 by mrsroadrunner
I am following the wild wolves that are in Oregon. Following the sitings and such.
I have gotten one wild black bear cub and want more (a lot better. Heck I at first thought it was a dog.... ). I am wanting a cougar. We have had sightings reported but nothing yet. We have found tracks but this is as close as I have gotten.
13 years 3 months ago #32760 by bhowdy
I have been so very fortunate to cross many images off my list ... Bears (black, brown, grizzly and polar) ... Wolves, both gray and red .... Elk, Deer, Coyote, Pronghorns, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, etc. .... tons of birds and raptors ... still short on some owls. I was even fortunate enough to photograph 5 Whooping Cranes at reasonably close range a couple of years ago.

What I really would like to do before they are gone from the wild is photograph Tigers, Lions and other exotics ... which of course will mean trips overseas. Like most folks all I lack for that is time and money! :P

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

13 years 3 months ago #32761 by Yasko
I want to get into some serious insect macros this summer.

13 years 3 months ago #32771 by effron
Astrophotography. I'm looking forward to the day (night) the power grid drops out for a few days (nights) so I can see the un-light polluted night sky again. My camera is ready.......:whistle:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #32783 by deedrick
After so long in New Orleans, I just want to go some where bright and clean and new. Preferably with virgin snowfall that burdens the branches of pines to the breaking point.

13 years 3 months ago #32842 by turtle tuttle
Inside Passage on an Alaska cruise. Can't get much farther from Pensacola, FL.

13 years 3 months ago #32844 by Baydream

cwightmanphotos wrote: I'm sure we all have that moment shot we want to take. Either we try every weekend, and never succeed or never had the opportunity.

I want to capture eagle, osprey, heron catching a fish straight out of the water. Right at that moment.

I have some shots of an eagle eating a fish, but they are far away shot..I want close up.
I have one shot of an osprey carrying a fish, but it's not a good shot. I want better.

I was able to capture thousands of snow geeze flying that I only thought I would see on National Geographic. However, the pictures are not my best. I will get better phots.

I want to photograph wolves in the wild, especially Yellowstone wolves, but any wolves in the wild would be great.

I was able to photograph a mother bear and her 3 cubs, but the pictures were blurry due to low light. I want better.

I've been told there are foxes in my area. I have no yet seen a live one and I want photos of a fox. My husband and I were able to take pictures of a fox and her 5 cubs, in NY. had the 500mm, but still did not get close enough.

In the wild..polar bear, moose, cougar, cheetah, tiger, lion and of course all the babies. Baby animals are just too cute.

I want to capture more of the Grand Canyon. I only got the typical tourist shots.
Yosemite national park
Arches national park
Glacier national parrk
Redwoods

I'm stowing away in your trunk :toocrazy:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #32966 by crystal

bhowdy wrote: I have been so very fortunate to cross many images off my list ... Bears (black, brown, grizzly and polar) ... Wolves, both gray and red .... Elk, Deer, Coyote, Pronghorns, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, etc. .... tons of birds and raptors ... still short on some owls. I was even fortunate enough to photograph 5 Whooping Cranes at reasonably close range a couple of years ago.

What I really would like to do before they are gone from the wild is photograph Tigers, Lions and other exotics ... which of course will mean trips overseas. Like most folks all I lack for that is time and money! :P

Owls is also on my list. I hear them all the time here, but never seen one. Lets make a trip to Africa to photograph the tigers and lions. :)
13 years 3 months ago #32967 by crystal

Baydream wrote:

cwightmanphotos wrote: I'm sure we all have that moment shot we want to take. Either we try every weekend, and never succeed or never had the opportunity.

Yosemite national park
Arches national park
Glacier national parrk
Redwoods

I'm stowing away in your trunk :toocrazy:

Alright, if you can find room. lol
13 years 3 months ago #33137 by Scotty
Landscapes in yosemite, Monks in tibet, list is endless.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 months ago #33193 by bird brain
I want to do some underwater photography. I've seen some fascinating photos and would like to try it for myself.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Wedding photography trends come and go, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t exciting at the moment! This year’s top trends include old and new technologies and techniques to create lasting memories.

Jun 09, 2024

The Sony ZV-1 Mark II is a nice update to the ZV-1 and expands Sony’s lineup of cameras for vlogging and content creation. Is it the right camera for you, though? Let’s find out!

Jun 09, 2024

Having a solid client management system allows you to build a more sustainable business with a larger number of repeat clients. But how do you do that? Let’s find out!

Jun 05, 2024

Canyon photography is an interesting niche of landscape photography that has some distinct challenges like harsh light and shadows. But with the right preparation, you can capture epic shots!

Jun 04, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The process is actually quite straightforward if you want to print from iPhone. But, if you need a little guidance, this guide is what you need! Dive in and learn how to print smartphone photos!

Jun 04, 2024

The Fuji X-T5 is a mid-range camera ideal for beginners who need a high-powered camera body to professionals looking for a solid second camera - and many uses in between!

Jun 03, 2024