Lighting Techniques

13 years 2 months ago #34248 by pixelrave
Has anyone attended workshops on lighting and if you did, how beneficial is it?

13 years 2 months ago #34307 by Jim Photo
No but I have heard good about Doug Gordon Workshops

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #34537 by pixelrave

Jim Photo wrote: No but I have heard good about Doug Gordon Workshops

I have to look that up.

I went to Shoot The Centerfold workshop few weeks ago, man i was really impressed by Arny Freytag's style of
lighting. He used upto 40 lights on one of the shoots. I saw this blog on their site :

shootthecenterfold.com/?p=639

I am going to their next seminar in Las Vegas....i am really very impressed with the way he taught lot of things.

13 years 2 months ago #34818 by Mike Ayrouth
Brian Peterson has one coming up in May I believe. I want to say it's in Chicago

Getting BETTER one photo at a time!
Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #34862 by pixelrave

Mike Ayrouth wrote: Brian Peterson has one coming up in May I believe. I want to say it's in Chicago

cool....have you been to any of his workshops?

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #40176 by pixelrave
trying to figure out how to post a pic

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #40177 by pixelrave

13 years 1 month ago #40180 by Baydream

Mike Ayrouth wrote: Brian Peterson has one coming up in May I believe. I want to say it's in Chicago

Bryan is is Richmond, VA on April 9th.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #86485 by pixelrave

Back from las vegas .....shoot the centerfold workshop was awesome...what a brilliant idea from the legends :

www.shootthecenterfold.com

Shoot me a message if you need any info

Attachments:
12 years 11 months ago #86489 by Nikonjan

pixelrave wrote: Has anyone attended workshops on lighting and if you did, how beneficial is it?

I have been to many and I love to watch how different photographers set up lighting and pose their subjects.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago #94667 by pixelrave

Nikonjan wrote:

pixelrave wrote: Has anyone attended workshops on lighting and if you did, how beneficial is it?

I have been to many and I love to watch how different photographers set up lighting and pose their subjects.

They just rolled out their next seminar/workshop which is in Sept 16-18 in Las Vegas again.

Check all the photos and blogs about the last one on their site
www.shootthecenterfold.com

Attachments:
12 years 6 months ago #160652 by pixelrave
shootthecenterfold.com/​shoot-the-center...o​n-52-nov-5-6-2011/

Come and meet Shoot The Centerfold legendary photographers Arny Freytag and Jarmo Pohjaniemi at Glamourcon on Nov 5 – 6, 2011.

www.glamourcon.com

Shoot the Centerfold legendary photographers Arny Freytag and Jarmo Pojaniemi will be the headliners at this years Glamourcon event in Long Beach California November 5 – 6th, 2011. In anticipation of an early sell out for it’s Saturday’s seminar and Sunday’s workshop.

Shoot The Centerfold has secured a room block at the Long Beach Hyatt at a preferred rate of 89.00 dollars (single or double occupancy) for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. There are only a limited amount of rooms available at this special rate. Register Now!

All of the Shoot the Centerfold photographers, Playmates and staff will be staying at the Hyatt, so to secure your reservation at this great rate.

Please email [email protected] with your Glamourcon confirmation code asap and we will follow up with the Hyatt code. We are looking forward to seeing everyone at Glamourcon.

Arny and Jarmo

Schedule

Sat 6 – 9 pm - $149.00

Witness a live Playboy style photoshoot by very same photographers who have brought to you over 150 Centerfolds and 100 plus covers. Watch and learn as Arny & Jarmo present their portfolios, discuss techniques and demonstrate their unique shooting styles with a live model.

Sun 5 – 8 pm - $149.00

Join Centerfold photographers Arny & Jarmo for this unique one day event. You will have the opportunity to photograph our beautiful models while we provide sets, lighting and guidance. Bring your creativity and camera of your choice. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from the best in the business.

SAVE $50 – Purchase both STC Seminar Demo and Sunday’s STC Shooting Workshop in a single transaction and we will discount the combined price by $50.00 in total. The Discount will show in your shopping cart.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/388355_10150904118400061_846795060_21413434_1283019812_n.jpg[img][img] fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-...434_1283019812_n.jpg [img]

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024