Question about lens repair

13 years 2 months ago #38010 by Soldier Boy
I just bought a used 24-70mm lens and got it home and on camera and noticed the rubber zoom grip is not gripping. The more I mess around with it, and it warmed up it slides more. I was wondering what glue can I use to get this to slick? I have never had a grip go bad before. Or would this be something I should have a professional repair?

13 years 2 months ago #38035 by crystal
If you just bought it, return it.
13 years 2 months ago #38047 by KZAM
I would have a pro fix it, I can't even think how you would peal that back enough to get a good amount of cement under it?

I don't need no stink'in Signature! ha ha ha
Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38053 by effron

Crystal wrote: If you just bought it, return it.

:agree:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38267 by Scotty

effron wrote:

+2

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38378 by Baydream
If it does happen to be nonreturnable, contact the manufacturer for advice.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #38544 by Ham1st

13 years 2 months ago #38549 by Joves
Well Im going to break with the rest and say Gorilla glue. I would say 3M high tack or good old #7 but for most people they get it everywhere they dont want it. But first peel the grip all the way back to see if there is a rubber gripping cover for the zoom parts. If there is no access needed then glue it down.

13 years 2 months ago #38658 by Frank The Tank
Honestly that is a tight seal, personally I think that is just a mess waiting to happen. I would have a pro take apart the lens, and glue that down the right way.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Sony a9 III is a powerhouse professional-grade camera. The question is, should it be the next item in your camera bag? Find out if it’s worth the money in this comprehensive review!

Jun 09, 2024

Wedding photography trends come and go, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t exciting at the moment! This year’s top trends include old and new technologies and techniques to create lasting memories.

Jun 09, 2024

The Sony ZV-1 Mark II is a nice update to the ZV-1 and expands Sony’s lineup of cameras for vlogging and content creation. Is it the right camera for you, though? Let’s find out!

Jun 09, 2024

Having a solid client management system allows you to build a more sustainable business with a larger number of repeat clients. But how do you do that? Let’s find out!

Jun 05, 2024

Canyon photography is an interesting niche of landscape photography that has some distinct challenges like harsh light and shadows. But with the right preparation, you can capture epic shots!

Jun 04, 2024

The Hasselblad 907X 50C certainly isn’t the camera for everyone. However, this medium-format system is ideal for many professional photographers (and videographers!)

Jun 04, 2024

The process is actually quite straightforward if you want to print from iPhone. But, if you need a little guidance, this guide is what you need! Dive in and learn how to print smartphone photos!

Jun 04, 2024

The Fuji X-T5 is a mid-range camera ideal for beginners who need a high-powered camera body to professionals looking for a solid second camera - and many uses in between!

Jun 03, 2024