Shooting glamour/nude

13 years 1 month ago #40723 by effron

I like pics wrote: I would like to get into shooting glamour/nude pics, but I just don't know how? Where can I find girls to pose for me? Is it difficult to shoot these kind of pictures?

If you need to ask this question, I would suggest taking up macro, shoot them nude insects....:)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #40748 by Baydream

effron wrote:

I like pics wrote: I would like to get into shooting glamour/nude pics, but I just don't know how? Where can I find girls to pose for me? Is it difficult to shoot these kind of pictures?

If you need to ask this question, I would suggest taking up macro, shoot them nude insects....:)

:goodpost: Less likely to get "stung".

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #40751 by Joves

I like pics wrote:

Baydream wrote:

crystal wrote: No.:slapface:

And that response was only because they didn't have one of a well-placed swift kick. :nunu:

It doesn't hurt to ask, does it?

No it never hurts to ask. But you are lucky you didnt get this in response

13 years 1 month ago #40786 by crystal

Baydream wrote:

effron wrote:

:goodpost: Less likely to get "stung".

:rofl:
13 years 1 month ago #40788 by crystal

Joves wrote:

I like pics wrote:

Baydream wrote:

crystal wrote: No.:slapface:

And that response was only because they didn't have one of a well-placed swift kick. :nunu:

It doesn't hurt to ask, does it?

No it never hurts to ask. But you are lucky you didnt get this in response

If it was asked offline, yes he would have gotten that response. lol
13 years 1 month ago #40895 by Rob pix4u2
I guess I don't understand everyones' response to this query. If he wanted to shoot fine art nudes would the response be the same? or start a boudouire studio would it be so negative? I would think that the body is what it is and is beautiful to start with. Photographing it in it's natural state is beautiful as well. After 30 years of viewing diseased and broken bodies as a nurse/photographer maybe I just have a skewed view of the human form. I just have seen so much misshapen and abnormal bodies that a beautiful ,whole body is a joy to behold especially when done in a tasteful artistic way.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 1 month ago #40902 by chasrich
I wasn't aware of the negativity in the responses but you are right. You hit it on the head when you mentioned the nature of the question. Yes, terms like fine art nude would have made the question more palatable. As a matter of fact your approach to the subject would get you more "Sure, I'll pose" than the crude asking of "Wanna get neckid" (paraphrasing to drive the point). Without a better background or at least some preamble it was easy to take the question in a less than serious manner. For my part I apologize.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #40930 by Scotty

Rob pix4u2 wrote: I guess I don't understand everyones' response to this query. If he wanted to shoot fine art nudes would the response be the same? or start a boudouire studio would it be so negative? I would think that the body is what it is and is beautiful to start with. Photographing it in it's natural state is beautiful as well. After 30 years of viewing diseased and broken bodies as a nurse/photographer maybe I just have a skewed view of the human form. I just have seen so much misshapen and abnormal bodies that a beautiful ,whole body is a joy to behold especially when done in a tasteful artistic way.

I think the negativity happened because he comes off like a high school kid not taking it seriously.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #40954 by Rob pix4u2
I understand the way it came off but I guess guiding the OP in the right direction is more what I was expecting to see in the responses.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 4 weeks ago #41021 by Scotty

Rob pix4u2 wrote: I understand the way it came off but I guess guiding the OP in the right direction is more what I was expecting to see in the responses.

The first few posts were talking about modeling agencies, which was his best option. He starting taking it down the scuzz ball road.

The problem with nude photography, is it's really touchy in the professional field. It's hard to find a slot in the industry to do it, and when you come in acting stupid, it makes the field look worse.

Professionals really frown upon this, and will be a lot more harsh than i'm being.

You do NOT want to be known for asking random girls you meet all over the place to get nude for you, you will get on black lists and will never find a job.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024