Picasa vs. Flickr

12 years 11 months ago #52250 by Lisa JK
I want a site to back my pictures up on and display them. I am probably going to end up getting a pro account at one of the two sites. Just looking for some insight as to why you chose what you chose over the alternative... pros/cons using Picasa vs. Flickr?

12 years 11 months ago #52251 by williams35
I think flickr is used more.

12 years 11 months ago #52254 by silverlining
you really should get a external HD.. i use flickr, while all my pics are on my flickr, they are all on my external HD too...

i've looked at picasa, but really like flickr more... bigger community is the main thing..

12 years 11 months ago #52257 by Lisa JK
Thanks. I don't have many pictures so far. Maybe 2GB? So, I have them backed up to a DVD. I just tried using Picasa's photo managing software and loved it. That's the only reason I was even considering using picasa online.

12 years 11 months ago #52259 by silverlining
The issues with DVD's is that they can break and it is very hard to get the images off of them.

12 years 11 months ago #52296 by Nod
I use both of them. I like Picasa better because , 1-it's free and I find it easy to download to other sites from there, 2- You can edit in Picasa or Picnik and both work well. I had a payed account at Flickr, but went to the free one because I don't like their layout as well. And they limit the number of photos in a free account.

12 years 11 months ago #52306 by Screamin Scott
More people use Flickr & thus your images will get more exposure. With Picasa, you have to invite people to view your web albums...I have both & rarely use Picasa web albums (I do use their photo editor though). I recently let my Flickr "Pro" paid account lapse & use Zenfolio now, but I still have the free Flickr account. Plus I like Flickr's forum groups, a few of which I moderate

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #52342 by C4rl
My vote is for Flickr. I like their services, but also several of my family members also use flickr and it's easy to share pictures.

12 years 11 months ago #52351 by KCook
As long as you're paying for premium, a Zenfolio basic account is just $25 per year.

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 11 months ago #52422 by Photo Mojo
I have never liked Picasa so my vote is for Flickr. :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #52430 by Baydream
I love Picasa to "share" photos with friends. It is easy to use and allows you to sync photos when you make changes - if you wish.
Flickr has always seemed clunky to navigate s I only have a few shots there.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024