Any photography books that you have....

12 years 11 months ago #70573 by MC nugget
after reading them and understanding the concept of photography, exposures etc... do you keep the books? or do you throw them out/give them to someone else to learn?

12 years 11 months ago #70757 by crystal
Yup I still have the books I got years ago. What do they look like, I have no idea. How much dust is on them, I would say a few inches. :rofl:
12 years 11 months ago #70765 by Baydream

crystal wrote: Yup I still have the books I got years ago. What do they look like, I have no idea. How much dust is on them, I would say a few inches. :rofl:

Yard sale. Our Photo Club in Virginia has a "lending library" with new and used selections. - email the Librarian what you want and she brings it to the next monthly meeting. It works great. Some of the new books, like Dewitt Jones new one on iPhone photography is available as a download to Mac or PC. I think we will see that more and more.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #70771 by crystal

Baydream wrote:

crystal wrote: Yup I still have the books I got years ago. What do they look like, I have no idea. How much dust is on them, I would say a few inches. :rofl:

Yard sale. Our Photo Club in Virginia has a "lending library" with new and used selections. - email the Librarian what you want and she brings it to the next monthly meeting. It works great. Some of the new books, like Dewitt Jones new one on iPhone photography is available as a download to Mac or PC. I think we will see that more and more.

What is a library? The last time I was in one, was way before my family got a computer. I think I was 12. :rofl:
12 years 11 months ago #70799 by effron
I keep every one, mostly because I forget what I read in about ten minutes. I have about fifty photography related books, and they all seem new to me........:)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #70805 by John Landolfi

MC nugget wrote: after reading them and understanding the concept of photography, exposures etc... do you keep the books? or do you throw them out/give them to someone else to learn?

I don't have a photographic memory,;) ;) :) , so I keep the content that interests me.

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #70807 by Baydream

effron wrote: I keep every one, mostly because I forget what I read in about ten minutes. I have about fifty photography related books, and they all seem new to me........:)

Age can do that. You meet new people every day. May be the same people but what the heck.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #73265 by ilh2009ky
I keep my books and reread them continously. It always amazes me when I reread a book that's several years old and I seem to understand it better. I have five or six HDR books that I constantly reread. Usually, once every two weeks, I even reread my camera manual. Recently, I've been Googling new topics I've run across that I knew nothing about previously like deconvolution technology and luminosity masks.

Ian Leslie Harry
www.ilhphotography.com

12 years 11 months ago #73271 by Rob pix4u2
I keep my books and magazines as a reference library so if I have a question or someone else has one I can look it up.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 11 months ago #73281 by Henry Peach
I'm always perusing the used bookstore for photography books. If I get some where I feel I've absorbed the info or they don't offer me anything new I pass them on or trade them in. I hold on to the ones that still have info and insight I need to digest. I've kept a few how-to books from my early days because of sentimental value. Most of my photography library is books about photographers.
12 years 11 months ago #73301 by mj~shutterbugg
funny you ask that question. I am in the process of building a library of both business books and photo books. I would love to know what books are 'MUST HAVES'.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 11 months ago #73391 by Joves
Petersens books are considered must haves by many for the business end I cant tell you.
Well like MrPeach I too picked up my books at used stores. I got all of Petersens books for $10 a piece. I have since given them away to people who really needed them more than I do. I had some of the old Kodak books but they like other thing were lost in a storage fire.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024