Wacom tablets

12 years 10 months ago #75957 by Nikonjan
Thanks for the links on setting up the Wacom. Mine is several years old and is the Intuos 4x6 about ($200) which matches the moniter well and you don't need to have a lot of space to use it. I had tried setting it up but it was too sensitve and kept messing up when I was going pixel by pixel. I will definately try the set up again and let you all know how it works.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago #75959 by 4kmckyd
It looks pretty cool...is it it's own editing program, or does it work w/ others?
12 years 10 months ago #75963 by Baydream

4kmckyd wrote: It looks pretty cool...is it it's own editing program, or does it work w/ others?

Works with others. Many models come with a brand program. Really just replaces your mouse to give you greater control. Check the wacom site to see what software may be included.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #75965 by 4kmckyd
I just went back to it and checked it out more...I think I just found the next thing on my wish/want list ;)
12 years 10 months ago #76027 by Baydream

4kmckyd wrote: I just went back to it and checked it out more...I think I just found the next thing on my wish/want list ;)

Quite a few on eBay.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #76057 by Silverphoto1
I have a Intuos 3, I use it when I really want precise selecting, painting, anywhere you need precision. Do I use it all the time, no. Should I, yes! I would like to get the new 4 Intuos. I have been around people who know how to use them and have shortcuts setup on theirs. I don't, but should!

12 years 10 months ago #76067 by Nikonjan

Silverphoto1 wrote: I have a Intuos 3, I use it when I really want precise selecting, painting, anywhere you need precision. Do I use it all the time, no. Should I, yes! I would like to get the new 4 Intuos. I have been around people who know how to use them and have shortcuts setup on theirs. I don't, but should!

I should probably get a new one sometime.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #76093 by photobod

Baydream wrote:

4kmckyd wrote: I just went back to it and checked it out more...I think I just found the next thing on my wish/want list ;)

Quite a few on eBay.

Dont know why but I am wary of buying on ebay, should I be, always think I will part with my money and recieve nothing in return.
In answer to the thread, I had a tablet but my wifes dog bit the end of the cable off, so havent replaced it yet, but I enjoyed it while I had it.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #76139 by crystal

photobod wrote:

Baydream wrote:

Quite a few on eBay.

Dont know why but I am wary of buying on ebay, should I be, always think I will part with my money and recieve nothing in return.
In answer to the thread, I had a tablet but my wifes dog bit the end of the cable off, so havent replaced it yet, but I enjoyed it while I had it.

Ebay is kinda a give and take kind of deal.
I have bought plenty off of ebay and never got burned. But I have known people who have.
12 years 10 months ago #76141 by John Landolfi
I have bought a lot of my equipment on e-bay, including the last 2 bodies, and, over several years, i got taken only once, for a damaged lens sold as excellent cond, and coulds't be repaired. That was out and out fraud. Most people who list seem to be honest, but you must do your homework, check feedback, and look at what else the seller is listing. If the price seems too good, it probably is... And I wouldn't try to buy a tablet on e-bay- even a carefully used one will show an demonstrate wear.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024