Last person to post in this thread wins the "I'm the Man or Woman" and $200 shopping spree

2 years 11 months ago #717526 by Hassner
Goeie more Pinkie. 

This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717545 by JaneK
ha ha ha, I thought you had misspelled something, till I out of curiosity stuck "Goeie more" into Google.   So is that said more than "good morning" or just the equal?

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717550 by Michael Blake
Hey everyone! how's the week going? 

2 years 11 months ago #717610 by Hassner
Pinkie, that is my home language called Afrikaans. 

It was mostly born out of Dutch, German, French colonialists. 
I can understand a little of Dutch, but even more of Flemish. 

No one kicks up there feet next to the water cooler better than this person.  Top poster - LoungeLounge Guru
Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717613 by Photo Junky
Ha!  We all learned a new word today

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717619 by Hassner
The last word I learned that i will never forget, is procrastination. 
That is me in one word.

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717639 by Pete Franko
What is the primary language in SA?

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717643 by Hassner
English. Everybody can speak English.
We have 11 official languages in SA.
The most spoken at home, is Zulu, (23%) spoken by the biggest tribe, the Zulus. 
Afrikaans is the first language of 14% of the population, but it is well versed by the majority of the population. 

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717648 by Peter Nunez
11?  That must be interesting traveling around.   

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717651 by Hassner

Peter Nunez wrote: 11?  That must be interesting traveling around.   

You will hardly know the difference. Some have a click sound, the others not. 
I just ask which tribe the are from. 

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717663 by Ian Stone
How much is English spoken there?  

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717664 by Hassner
If you speak English, 99.9% of people will answer you. 
English is compulsory in all schools. 

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717674 by Conner
Isn't French spoken there too?

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717686 by Randy Shaw
Anyone been on a flight yet this year? 

Photo Comments
2 years 11 months ago #717697 by Hassner

Conner wrote: Isn't French spoken there too?

No French. 
We had an influx of French from about 1688. They settled in a corner of mountains around a town now called Franschhoek (French corner), beautiful town, wine tourism. 
But the language died out. 

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024