Why Did You Choose Your Avatar?

13 years 2 months ago #25572 by renegade
I just spent some time going through the community section and looking at all the different avatars. For your of you who didn't chose a picture of yourself, I'm curious as to why you chose the avatar you did? That kind of goes along with the screen names, too, so I guess it's really a double question.

I'll get interested to see what answers I get.

I chose mine because for as long as I can remember, my mom's always been saying "From the day you could walk you've always been the renegade of the family. You always have to be different." I found the picture online someplace - I forget just where - and thought it looked like how a renegade might paint their face if we did things like that in our society.

13 years 2 months ago #25581 by tery_blair
Figured no one would want to see this old face. Thought the saddle said "Texas." And the user name, well that's this user's name.:P

13 years 2 months ago #25600 by Fiesta!
I've always been a fan of old wooden boats, I've been using this photo for some time as avatar.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #25618 by Stealthy Ninja
I chose my name because it's the name I got of this video I did once (yes it's me in the video):

I thought it would be a funny/interesting "internet" persona.

The Avatar is actually a character I played in a short movie called "BING" the character's name is: "Bing Boy". He looks sorta like a ninja and the bright red clothing is nicely ironic to the name "Stealthy". The flames are added in PP. :p
13 years 2 months ago #25717 by Baydream
My buddy here was resting in the grass after getting muddy catching a fish. I just loved the way he/she looked at me as I inched closer. Sort of a "Mother's Look". You know the one. It was either that one or this:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
Attachments:
13 years 2 months ago #25721 by Alex
It was my Facebook photo

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #25722 by Alex

Stealthy Ninja wrote: I chose my name because it's the name I got of this video I did once (yes it's me in the video):

The Avatar is actually a character I played in a short movie called "BING" the character's name is: "Bing Boy". He looks sorta like a ninja and the bright red clothing is nicely ironic to the name "Stealthy". The flames are added in PP. :p

Bro that was a impressive combat role you did in the video! :judge: :whistle:

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #25732 by Stealthy Ninja

Alex wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: I chose my name because it's the name I got of this video I did once (yes it's me in the video):

LOL thanks, do you like the way I instantly got in ninja mode after the roll. ;)
13 years 2 months ago #25743 by Alex

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Alex wrote:

LOL thanks, do you like the way I instantly got in ninja mode after the roll. ;)

Oh yeah, totally! I see where "stealthy" comes into the picture. You have cat like reflexes there! :rofl:

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #25747 by Stealthy Ninja

Alex wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Alex wrote:

Oh yeah, totally! I see where "stealthy" comes into the picture. You have cat like reflexes there! :rofl:

Yeh dude, but that camera guy kept spotting me. :blink: :pinch:
13 years 2 months ago #25760 by Alex

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Alex wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Alex wrote:

You should have worn your red ninja suit, more ninja like. Black is for posers :rofl:

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #25761 by Stealthy Ninja

Alex wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Alex wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Alex wrote:

You should have worn your red ninja suit, more ninja like. Black is for posers :rofl:

This was in my pre-red suit days. Back when I shot Canon. ;)
13 years 2 months ago #25769 by Rob pix4u2
I like the background, Prince William Sound in Alaska and I'm on the fantail of the ferry looking for photo ops with my N90s and 300mm F 4. The camo pants and Domke jacket are me through and through when I am in the outdoors. The screen name is because I like sharing my pix

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

13 years 2 months ago #25783 by Scotty
I chose mine because i used an editing technique that only a handful in the world know, and a lot want to know.

:P

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #25788 by effron
This is a pic of me, screen name is easier to spell than my name.....:whistle:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024