California gets tornado and snow?

13 years 2 months ago #31459 by Jeffster
I was just looking on the weather channel and see that San Fran got snow and Sacramento had a tornado? Talk about some weird weather, so does this mean global warming is a thing of the past?:whistle:

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #31460 by Baydream
Sadly, this means global warming is increasing. Normal weather patterns are being disturbed all over the world. Savage floods in some areas and devastating drought in others.
I bet it doesn't feel like it to the folks in San Fran.
It is happening. The debate is how much of the change is due to human activity.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #31463 by Yasko
I wouldn't read so much into it. San Fran gets snow once every decade or two since they started recording in the late 1800's. We could be starting a natural cooling cycle too.

13 years 2 months ago #31474 by Baydream
Actually the last snow in SF was 1976. Seems like yesterday, doesn't it.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #31483 by Joves

Baydream wrote: Sadly, this means global warming is increasing. Normal weather patterns are being disturbed all over the world. Savage floods in some areas and devastating drought in others.
I bet it doesn't feel like it to the folks in San Fran.
It is happening. The debate is how much of the change is due to human activity.

I agree that this is hwere the debate is to how much it is caused by human activity. There are far too many forces within the universe that man doesn not understand. Also the other problem is that the earth has gone through simular cycles in what to us is the distant past but, in the terms of time is but a few seconds of time.

13 years 2 months ago #31527 by rolls
Can't argue global warming with me today. It's 21 degrees and snowing here in "not-tropical:patriot: " Thiensville, WI?

13 years 2 months ago #31534 by Baydream

rolls wrote: Can't argue global warming with me today. It's 21 degrees and snowing here in "not-tropical:patriot: " Thiensville, WI?

But they are predicting 78 for central Virginia Monday - and it's still February. Don't mention warming to our friends in Nova Scotia. This was Feb 2 - since then it has snowed every day.

Photo Comments
Attachments:
13 years 2 months ago #31600 by effron
The climate and weather have been changing for a few BILLION years, give or take a month or two. Its lunacy to think it was going to remain stable just because we built some cities on the coast.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #31724 by qualityresults
Don't talk global warming here in Edmonton February has had more -20 days than any other February in the last 50 Years, and that is Celcius which is -4 degree F. and it is not expected to get any better.

That to me is not warming.

We have had more drops of 20 or more degrees celcius (68 degrees F) in 24 hours this winter than I have ever seen.

We even had one which went from +16 (60.8 F) one day to minus 24 ( -11.2 F ) the next.

Nope no Global Warming. El Nina maybe but not even gonna go there.

13 years 2 months ago #31764 by Scotty
There's changing weather cycles that happen ever 25 years. :rofl: This isn't global warming.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #31949 by Travel Nut

Scotty wrote: There's changing weather cycles that happen ever 25 years. :rofl: This isn't global warming.

:agree: but there are people out there that would disagree with you and I and suggest doom and gloom :huh:

13 years 2 months ago #32153 by butterfly
California gets rain and mud slides and drought and forest fires, too. That's why I live in Canada:lol:

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024