Learn & Explore Series Episode 167
Discovery Photo Tours Jordan
Did You Know?
The capital of Jordan, Amman, was once named Philadelphia. It was named after Ptolemy Philadelphus (283-246 BC) who rebuilt the city during his reign before Amman was taken by Herod around 30 BC and fell under the influence of Rome.
Did You Know?
Some of your favourite Hollywood movies were filmed in whole or in part in Jordan, including:
- “Hurt Locker” – Directed by Kathryn Bigelow (USA) 2007
- “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade” – Directed by Steven Spielberg (USA) 1989
- “Lawrence of Arabia” – Directed by David Lean (USA) 1962
- “Mission to Mars” – Directed by Brian de Palma (USA) 2000
- “Prometheus” – Directed by Ridley Scott (USA) 2011
- “The Martian” – Directed by Ridley Scott (USA) 2015
- “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” – Directed by Michael Bay (USA) 2008
- “X-Men Apocalypse” – Directed by Brian Singer (USA) 2015
- "Star Wars: Rogue One” – Directed by Gareth Edwards (USA)
Did You Know?
The lowest point on Earth in terms of dry land is the shore of the Dead Sea in Jordan. It lies at 1,378ft (420m) beneath sea level. The waters of the Dead Sea are extremely saline which keeps bathers buoyant. With 34.2% salinity it is 9.6 times as salty as the ocean.
Questions covered in the above interview:
- Let’s start off with, what is Discovery Photo Tours?
- Let’s go back to the very day you started this company. What was the original inspiration for doing so?
- When a company releases a product or service they generally have a particular avatar or audience in mind. Can you share who that person is here?
- What has been your proudest accomplishment to date for Discovery Photo Tours?
- It seems common that companies title their tours as the “Best” in their market. How do you feel ‘Discovery Photo Tours’ compares to others in the marketplace?
- Now you folks have 5 exciting and different photography tour locations listed on your website with Jordan being one of them. What was core motivator on selecting this spot?
- What is the date for this tour, and if you would expound a little on the number of guest permitted and who’s running the tour?
- Let’s talk about some of the hot spots one can expect to see and photograph during this tour?
- Let’s talk preparation for such a tour, is there any special gear needed and will you prep attendees on clothing recommended?
- What experience do you want a guest to walk away with after attending this tour?
- Take a minute and walk us through what a day on this tour might look like, from wake up to shut eye.
- Walk us through the ordering process, the cost, and what is included.
- Now you have gained so much buzz from the photography world since kicking things off, from the locations you are covering to the pedigree of talent running the tours. As one of the founders of Discovery Photo Tours, what does that mean to you?
- What is the one word that you believe sums up Discovery Photo Tours?