Model: Canon EOS 6D
Lens: EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/8.0
Shutter speed: 38 s
Captured: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 7:13am

Photo Comments
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 months 4 days ago #666276 by Nikon Shooter
Very good stuff, Jared! :P

Light is free… capturing it is not!
Photo Comments

3 months 4 days ago #666325 by Ira Weber
Million dollar reflection there!  And that fog adds so much mystery to the shot! 

Photo Comments

3 months 3 days ago #666360 by Monica Martinez
This is breathtaking! The light and reflection are in harmony! 

3 months 3 days ago #666427 by Alex
Now this is something else!  Nothing I don't like about this shot.  Amazing work!  

You should have this uploaded in the gallery here so work like this can be selected for Inspirational Photo of the Day (hint hint).  

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments

3 months 3 days ago #666444 by KENT MELTON
Put me down as a new fan!

Photo Comments

3 months 2 days ago #666553 by Randall McNabb
That is so beautiful, love the exposure time you went with

Photo Comments

3 months 2 days ago #666593 by Neil Dulay
38 seconds turned out to be a perfect exposure time.  I really like this photo.  

Photo Comments

3 months 1 day ago #666672 by Jack Mason
Yeah! This is really impressive! Everything is this shot is in the right place and the right time. 

3 months 16 hours ago #666780 by Kira Minori
I would have placed this in a frame if I were you. 

2 months 4 weeks ago #666931 by Jared-Weaver
I actually sold one similar to this :)

Photo Comments

2 months 4 weeks ago #666932 by Jared-Weaver

Alex wrote: Now this is something else!  Nothing I don't like about this shot.  Amazing work!  

You should have this uploaded in the gallery here so work like this can be selected for Inspirational Photo of the Day (hint hint).  

Already had a similar composition make it up to Inspirational Photo of the Day! Lol

Photo Comments

2 months 4 weeks ago #666987 by garyrhook
The light and the colors here are quite nice. Excellent shade of blue in the sky, as you point out.

For me, I'm not a fan of this composition. The split between the island (?) and platform just bothers me. I keep bouncing between them, and the mountains end up ignored.

I wonder if being about 50-60 feet to your right might have been an improvement: get the island and trees in front of the mountains more, and lose the platform. So we could focus on the distant objects, their reflection, and the middle ground

Technically an excellent image.

Of course, just my $0.02.

Photo Comments

2 months 4 weeks ago #667109 by Stanly
Impressive! 

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments

2 months 4 weeks ago #667150 by Sanford
You just got a new fan :thumbsup:

Photo Comments

Latest Landscape Photography Tips

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020

In this Leica SL Typ 601 review, learn why this camera is still a marvel five years after its release, and find out where you can get the best deals on used versions.

Feb 14, 2020

In a Sony a9 vs Sony a9 II comparison, you might think the a9 II would be the clear winner. Not so fast! The older a9 has a distinct advantage - a much better price.

Feb 12, 2020

There are tons of options in terms of a camera on a budget. But with so many choices, it's hard to know what the ultimate deals are. Here are three top choices for budget-friendly DSLRs.

Feb 12, 2020
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The holy trinity of landscape photography lenses includes three zooms - a wide-angle, a standard, and a telephoto. If you can fill out your kit with these lenses, you'll be sitting pretty!

Feb 20, 2020

Photo by Goh Rhy Yan on Unsplash While it's no secret that China heavily relies on state surveillance to mediate their country...

Feb 20, 2020

Making great videos requires that you have the capability to record superb sound. Get critical audio recording tips in this tutorial on audio tips for videographers.

Feb 19, 2020

With these urban photography tips you'll have a better idea of the gear you need and the compositional choices to make in order to get the best shots.

Feb 18, 2020

jungle photography, jungle photography tips, landscape photography, landscape photography gear

Feb 18, 2020

Starting a photography business requires you to do it in a way that is legitimate and legal. Get some critical tips on how to make your photography business legal in this quick tutorial.

Feb 17, 2020

Getting a beautiful canvas print requires much more than finding a good printer. Instead, you need to consider the various canvas print options in order to get the best-looking results.

Feb 17, 2020

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 III vs OM-D E-M5 II debate has raged for nearly three years. So which of these micro four thirds cameras is right for you? Find out in this comparison review!

Feb 17, 2020