Deleted albums

12 years 10 months ago #101805 by The Time Capturer

Joves wrote:

The Time Capturer wrote: If someone wants your images bad enough, they will get them, right-clickable or not. I have an application that does screen captures, entire screen, active window, or selected area. I don't use it to steal pictures. In my case, it's for capturing images of directory lists and processes for use in tutorials.

Just want people new to the internet to know, if your images are on display, there is no real safe option. If you worry about theft, the best option is to keep them low rez and watermark. If you don't display them, you remove any hope of exposure to potential clients.

:agree:
That is the best solution. Anymore people think because it is on the net it is up for grabs. More of the entitlement mentality as I see it.

I agree that seems to be the commonality. I read a while back that if you offer stock images and don't allow potential clients the opportunity to download a comp to see if the image of interest will benefit their particular project, they will bypass and look elsewhere.

It's a toss up that has no real solution, as of yet.

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.
12 years 10 months ago #101813 by Nikonjan
Thank you ! For making things more secure. :judge:

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago #101815 by fotozone
It is frustrating there is no good way to protect our images. I had started to water mark mine like this but I did not like it as I think it is to distracting but maybe I should go back to it. :(

Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #101823 by ilh2009ky
I just did a right hand click on a few photos of mine and others and was able to save them. I'm still hopeful that disabling the right hand click on images occurs as Chris mentioned. I've always stuck with posting low resolution images. Would it ne possible PT to place a copyright symbol on all the photos that are posted here? I have no idea about how difficult that would be but it would sure solve a major problem.

Ian Leslie Harry
www.ilhphotography.com

12 years 10 months ago #101827 by The Time Capturer

ilh2009ky wrote:

photobod wrote:
I understand the problem Davud. I just did a right hand click on a few photos of mine and others and was able to save them. I'm still hopeful that disabling the right hand click on images occurs as Chris mentioned. I've always stuck with posting low resolution images. Would it ne possible PT to place a copyright symbol on all the photos that are posted here? I have no idea about how difficult that would be but it would sure solve a major problem.

To do that is a simple PHP code. However, all images are different and the copyright symbol would be best placed individually to prevent possibly covering the subject. I don't have a problem with watermarking because it's not part of the image itself. It may be distracting but I can see beyond it. Just be sure it doesn't interfere with the image's subject or story...

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.
12 years 10 months ago #101831 by The Time Capturer

fotozone wrote: It is frustrating there is no good way to protect our images. I had started to water mark mine like this but I did not like it as I think it is to distracting but maybe I should go back to it. :(

I don't have a problem with the watermark in this image. Your placement is perfect; it doesn't block the subject but has sufficient coverage to make it difficult to remove by potential thieves. As long as you place them manually to avoid overpowering your subject, then go for it if that's what makes you comfortable. People will still see your image and look beyond the markings.

12 years 10 months ago #102017 by Baydream

The Time Capturer wrote:

fotozone wrote: It is frustrating there is no good way to protect our images. I had started to water mark mine like this but I did not like it as I think it is to distracting but maybe I should go back to it. :(

I don't have a problem with the watermark in this image. Your placement is perfect; it doesn't block the subject but has sufficient coverage to make it difficult to remove by potential thieves. As long as you place them manually to avoid overpowering your subject, then go for it if that's what makes you comfortable. People will still see your image and look beyond the markings.

:agree:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #102021 by Screamin Scott
I've just kept the file size at under 800 pixels on the long side for years...Watermarks (other than a small one along the bottom) are too intrusive...It's the price we pay in the digital age.

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #102105 by Baydream

Screamin Scott wrote: I've just kept the file size at under 800 pixels on the long side for years...Watermarks (other than a small one along the bottom) are too intrusive...It's the price we pay in the digital age.

I experimented with one of my own photos using the screen print method. The photo was uploaded at 640 n the long side. After cropping out the rest of the screen, the photo was very usable on the web. I believe I'm going to start using an unobtrusive watermark on ones I really want to protect.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #102575 by photobod
So pleased this topic has been well posted, it is a most interesting topic with so many differing views, at the end of the day it will come down to the individual and what they choose to do.

I personaly will be putting new albums on with 72dpi and a watermark along the bottom, it will be fairly translucent so hopefully will not distract, I cant bring myself to place a watermark through the middle of a photo.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #102872 by The Time Capturer
I noticed PT has put an article on FaceBook about this topic today as well. Big Brother is watching? That's not always a bad thing...

12 years 10 months ago #103060 by kyclover237
They fixed it!!!!! Right click on a photo and this pops up "Sorry, you don't have permission to copy our users work." Wohoo!!!!

vintagecloverphoto.com
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #103072 by The Time Capturer
:thumbsup:

12 years 10 months ago #103288 by photobod

kyclover237 wrote: They fixed it!!!!! Right click on a photo and this pops up "Sorry, you don't have permission to copy our users work." Wohoo!!!!

Yes I saw this today.
An update on my position is that I have worked hard at producing some albums for web use only, they are all at 72dpi with a watermark about 1" up from the bottom, its not as translucent as I intended but it works for me.
Posted about 5 albums today with more to follow.[/b][/color]

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #103370 by Nikonjan
It was right after one of my photos was featured in this weeks Photography Talk newsletter that I noticed I had been notified of a couple downloads. I sent them both emails. One responded back. I always put them at 72 dpi but decided to take them all off and put my name on them in several places. I will just save them for the next contest.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024