Deleted albums

12 years 10 months ago #101277 by photobod
No sorry to disappoint you, I am not doing a runner, I am just going security mad, when my albums return they will be low resolution watermarked images and have a tracking system inputted, why!!!, I discovered three of my photos had been taken and used for someone elses grubby little fingers to make money from.
No not from this site, from another site, so I am taking all my photos down everywhere, it will take time as I am on a lot of sites, but am working one site at a time starting here.
No idea when they will reappear but I hope its soon.

Thanks

David

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #101281 by mj~shutterbugg
That's awful! I think I am going back to my annoying across the image water marks after this!

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 10 months ago #101329 by Rob pix4u2
Sorry to hear that you have had images stolen David, I don't know much about image theft in your neck of the woods but here in the USA you can sue for copyright infringement and recover damages in court

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 10 months ago #101439 by kcphotography

photobod wrote: No sorry to disappoint you, I am not doing a runner, I am just going security mad, when my albums return they will be low resolution watermarked images and have a tracking system inputted, why!!!, I discovered three of my photos had been taken and used for someone elses grubby little fingers to make money from.
No not from this site, from another site, so I am taking all my photos down everywhere, it will take time as I am on a lot of sites, but am working one site at a time starting here.
No idea when they will reappear but I hope its soon.

Thanks

David

sorry to here that, i was wondering what was going off, i was looking at your pic's one minute and the next they had gone .. iv had this happen to me on facebook more than once so i know how your feeling. hope your photos are back on soon .

12 years 10 months ago #101443 by Nikonjan
Another reason to go low res. but things can still be done with them. I usually sign my photos but not always. crazy world.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #101445 by Nikonjan
I just noticed the Download button is gone under our photos, which is great news. But, I just checked if you could do a right click and save as and you can. So another reason to delete your photos or watermark them. Think mine are coming off next!

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #101595 by icepics
It's getting to be a free for all, Facebook is the worst; when I read they were changing their policy on photos I took mine off there. Realized mine here are still unpublished so have had hardly any views. Just went thru and took most of mine off here but left the folders if I want to put some back on. At least on here Alex & Co. would probably be open to changing it if they can.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #101627 by Nikonjan
I took mine off facebook and here also.

12 years 10 months ago #101647 by effron
I've had a few stolen in the past, I post very few photos on-line anymore, even low rez.. Odd thing, very few of the ones taken were that good.......:P

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #101753 by Baydream
Downside of blocking the right click is that you can't copy links (even in the link box) .

This site has a cool idea. When you cursor over the image a big COPYNO,COM sign appears.
www.thecartoonistgroup.com (hope I type it right - couldn't right click :(
Smugmug does the same except it;s a notice like you get here saying the photo is copyrighted.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #101757 by Baydream
I send a contact ticket to PT with the "new" right click issue (but had to refer to the Thread Title since the message box would not allow a right click :dry: .

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #101775 by bfchris
Sorry folks was testing some security measures. right-clicking for now is back on.

Chris

is working your interwebs.
12 years 10 months ago #101789 by The Time Capturer
If someone wants your images bad enough, they will get them, right-clickable or not. I have an application that does screen captures, entire screen, active window, or selected area. I don't use it to steal pictures. In my case, it's for capturing images of directory lists and processes for use in tutorials.

Just want people new to the internet to know, if your images are on display, there is no real safe option. If you worry about theft, the best option is to keep them low rez and watermark. If you don't display them, you remove any hope of exposure to potential clients.

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.
12 years 10 months ago #101793 by bfchris
Ok, I have installed a bit of code that only disallows right clicking on imagery.
That should satisfy the need for security for most. You can of course, still right click on links, etc.

Chris

is working your interwebs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baydream, Cre8tivefix
12 years 10 months ago #101797 by Joves

The Time Capturer wrote: If someone wants your images bad enough, they will get them, right-clickable or not. I have an application that does screen captures, entire screen, active window, or selected area. I don't use it to steal pictures. In my case, it's for capturing images of directory lists and processes for use in tutorials.

Just want people new to the internet to know, if your images are on display, there is no real safe option. If you worry about theft, the best option is to keep them low rez and watermark. If you don't display them, you remove any hope of exposure to potential clients.

:agree:
That is the best solution. Anymore people think because it is on the net it is up for grabs. More of the entitlement mentality as I see it.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024