USA landmarks that make great photo trips?

12 years 10 months ago #105981 by Village Clown
The wife and I are thinking of some hot spots that we might want to head to for vacation. At one point we were even thinking about doing a super long road trip and connecting the "dots" AKA locations of landmarks? Anyone do something like this?

Where did you go?

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #106581 by KCook
I've never been so ambitious. But a grand tour would have to include Bryce Canyon and Yosemite National Park.

Kelly Cook

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #106584 by McBeth Photography
Crater Lake National Park is amazing and its less than a days drive from lake Shasta and/or the Cali Redwoods. I need to get some decent wide glass before I go back though, lol!

It is what it is.
12 years 10 months ago #106590 by DestinDave
I've always wanted to drive the old Route 66 (although much of it and the roadside landmarks are gone now)..
Starting from TX, I'd definitely head West... Santa Fe would be on the list, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, and Glacier Nat'l Park... so much to see in this beautiful country and only a lifetime to do it..... Best wishes wherever you decide to travel. :cheers:

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

12 years 10 months ago #106594 by Rob pix4u2
Washington DC, Philly, Boston area are full of National landmarks in the East and are well worth traveling to

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 10 months ago #106600 by effron
How about a Maine coast lighthouse tour? I have started one years back, but didn't get too far.......;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #106633 by crystal
Grand Canyon,
Lake Powell
Four Corners
Yosemite
Yellowstone
Redwooods
St Mt Helens
Space Needle
Mt Rushmore
Badlands
Death Valley
Devils Tower
Washington DC
Philly
NY
Glacier National park

Ummm that is all I can think of off hand.
And yes I have visit alot of those places and well worth it. Would do it again in a heart beat....if I had the $. :) Enjoy!
12 years 10 months ago #106635 by crystal

Village Clown wrote: The wife and I are thinking of some hot spots that we might want to head to for vacation. At one point we were even thinking about doing a super long road trip and connecting the "dots" AKA locations of landmarks? Anyone do something like this?

Where did you go?

My husband and I spent almost 2 months out on the road visiting places. Love it!
12 years 10 months ago #106771 by Stanly

DestinDave wrote: I've always wanted to drive the old Route 66 (although much of it and the roadside landmarks are gone now)..
Starting from TX, I'd definitely head West... Santa Fe would be on the list, the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone, and Glacier Nat'l Park... so much to see in this beautiful country and only a lifetime to do it..... Best wishes wherever you decide to travel. :cheers:

:agree: good choices!

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #106775 by Rob pix4u2
Forgot to mention ALASKA for the wildlife and Landscapes

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 10 months ago #106799 by Dori
The Florida Everglades
The Keys

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 10 months ago #106828 by Baydream
Washington, DC probably has the most concentrated collection of photo opportunities anywhere. Growing up there, I was thrilled to vist the Capital, White House, Washington, Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, the Viet Nam, Korean War and WWII memorials and of course the FREE museums of the Smithsonian including the National Zoo. All of these are within a few square miles and accessible by subway.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #107101 by Kenya See
Might I add to Crystals list the Alaska coast line

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #107186 by Baydream

effron wrote: How about a Maine coast lighthouse tour? I have started one years back, but didn't get too far.......;)

Done that. It is amazing. From Cape Neddick (Nubble Light) to West Quoddy (Lubec), the scenery is amazing.

I also did a lighthouse "tour" of Prince Edward Island, Canada and New Jersey (surprisingly unique and included the first electrified lighthouse - the Statue of Liberty). Did the trip in early Spring before the crowds took over.

There are great little guide available for most states or regions that give detailed directions and information. There is an online database at www.lighthousedepot.com/lite_explorer.asp

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #107188 by Baydream
Forgot to mention. Michigan has the most lighthouses of any State. That would make quite a tour.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Auto white balance is a camera setting that adjusts the color temperature of your images automatically. It often works well, but you should know a few tips to fix problems it might cause, too.

May 24, 2024

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III might be more than a decade old, but it still has the chops to be a quality camera for photographers in 2024.

May 23, 2024

Starting a photography business can be a daunting task. There is a lot to do, and many mistakes can be made. This guide helps you minimize mistakes and maximize your success!

May 21, 2024

The Canon 6D Mark II might be an older DSLR, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good option for 2024. In fact, this budget-friendly camera is a powerhouse for stills and videos.

May 21, 2024

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024