Have you ever thought about switching camera brands? Nikon to Canon?

12 years 8 months ago #117155 by Photo Junky
Most my friends shoot Canon, when were out and about it's all red ring lenses around me! ahhhhhh!

My Nikon D70 is due for a upgrade and I have shoot my friends Canon's and I like the feel of the camera's. Just not sure if I want to make the move or not.

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #117160 by Scotty
I've switched from Canon to Nikon. I won't be going back.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #117164 by BCP
I thought about it a few years ago when all of my gear was stolen; figured If I wanted to change, that was the time. After trying out some of the Canon bodies, I just didnt like the way they felt, and the button and menu layout seemed weird. Needless to say, I stuck with Nikon and dont regret it at all.

Do what ever feels right for you! If you like the Canon, and feel you would be happy shooting with them, then go for it.
12 years 8 months ago #117166 by KCook
I did make a switch this year, but it was from Sony to Canon. Agree that there are things about Nikon's control layout that I like better than Canon. But ultimately went with Canon for their lenses. Which in some weird way are more comfortable for me. Zero regrets, luv my new Canon.

weird Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 8 months ago #117174 by Scotty

KCook wrote: I did make a switch this year, but it was from Sony to Canon. Agree that there are things about Nikon's control layout that I like better than Canon. But ultimately went with Canon for their lenses. Which in some weird way are more comfortable for me. Zero regrets, luv my new Canon.

weird Kelly

Canon has some very nice glass. I'd like a 17mm TS-E please.

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #117176 by Henry Peach
Switching so you can borrow your friends' gear is one of the few good reasons for switching, IMO.

Unless you are made of money it's probably wise to decide on one or the other. Sometimes one appears to be leading the other, but it's only a matter of time until the other company takes the lead for a while. They both make pretty good cameras.
12 years 8 months ago #117197 by effron
Yeah, it will only matter to you. I've been Nikon over forty years, but if my gear disappeared, I wouldn't hesitate, Canon would be fine. Its not the logo, its the PHOTOGRAPHER......B)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #117205 by Baydream

Henry Peach wrote: Switching so you can borrow your friends' gear is one of the few good reasons for switching, IMO.

Unless you are made of money it's probably wise to decide on one or the other. Sometimes one appears to be leading the other, but it's only a matter of time until the other company takes the lead for a while. They both make pretty good cameras.

They both make outstanding cameras.
In 2008, Nikon pulled even with Canon in DSLR sales.
Market research organisation IDC Research reported on the marketshare of the camera makers for 2010.
Canon remains the #1 camera maker in the world if you included PowerShots. Sony is in 2nd place.
IDC reports DSLR Global Marketshare 2010
Canon 44.5%
Nikon 29.8%
Sony 11.9 %
Marketing and advertising are powerful influences.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #117210 by Dori

effron wrote: Yeah, it will only matter to you. I've been Nikon over forty years, but if my gear disappeared, I wouldn't hesitate, Canon would be fine. Its not the logo, its the PHOTOGRAPHER......B)

:goodpost:

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 8 months ago #117217 by Scotty
You should go blad.

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #117233 by KCook

Scotty wrote: You should go blad.

Gift me and I will be happy to :woohoo:

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 8 months ago #117236 by Rob pix4u2
I will stick with Nikon thank you

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 8 months ago #117248 by Scotty

Rob pix4u2 wrote: I will stick with Nikon thank you

No u have to switch

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #117249 by Baydream

Scotty wrote:

No u have to switch

Careful. Rob has friends that swing a mean hockey stick. :catfight:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #117251 by Scotty

Baydream wrote:

Scotty wrote:

No u have to switch

Careful. Rob has friends that swing a mean hockey stick. :catfight:

I play hockey so im used to it

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024