Nikon’s Facebook page is blowing up with comments. But not for the right reasons

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #148602 by chakkaradeep
Nikon’s Facebook page is blowing up with comments. But not for the right reasons

The problematic facebook posting is:

A photographer is only as good as the equipment he uses, and a good lens is essential to taking good pictures! Do any of our facebook fans use any of the NIKKOR lenses? Which is your favorite and what types of situations do you use it for?

Well, though I agree you need a good lens for taking good pictures, I do not agree that a photographer is as good as the equipments he uses. It requires skill,hard work and patience to get the right shot!

What are your comments?

Cheers,
Chaks

12 years 7 months ago #148618 by chasrich
It's a piece of cake.

To bake a perfect cake you need to have the right oven and the proper ingredients along with a recipe you can duplicate. Throw in a nice blender and a well lit kitchen. Have all of the things you need to produce the perfect cake and choose a four year old to make it happen. Remember it has to look good and taste good. What do you think you will get. A dirty four year old and a messy kitchen to clean up.

Dang it - I'm hungry for cake now... :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 7 months ago #148619 by Henry Peach
Kodak advertising from 100+ years ago:

"With Kodak cameras anyone can get professional results!"

I don't understand why their FB comment got so much attention. I find the bumbling Ashton Kutcher commercials to be much more offensive to photographers.
12 years 7 months ago #148624 by Senne 1976

Henry Peach wrote: Kodak advertising from 100+ years ago:

"With Kodak cameras anyone can get professional results!"

I don't understand why their FB comment got so much attention. I find the bumbling Ashton Kutcher commercials to be much more offensive to photographers.

How do you find those commercials to be more offensive?

12 years 7 months ago #148632 by robbie

chasrich wrote: It's a piece of cake.

To bake a perfect cake you need to have the right oven and the proper ingredients along with a recipe you can duplicate. Throw in a nice blender and a well lit kitchen. Have all of the things you need to produce the perfect cake and choose a four year old to make it happen. Remember it has to look good and taste good. What do you think you will get. A dirty four year old and a messy kitchen to clean up.

Dang it - I'm hungry for cake now... :rofl:

You making me hungry for a piece of cake....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: after the cake...:banana: :banana: :banana:

12 years 7 months ago #148637 by Baydream
Whether there is a difference between Nikon and Canon. Canon has a HUGE lead in marketing. Nikon focuses on pro models and seems to have entry level as an afterthought.
The two brands are nearly dead even in pro gear but those getting started are getting Canon's attention.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #148644 by effron
A total over reaction, as usual. BTW, what's facebook?...........:P

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #148650 by Henry Peach

Senne 1976 wrote: How do you find those commercials to be more offensive?

They seem to be saying "With Nikon any goofball can get great photos even when they are goofing around!".

I'm not personally offended by those ads, but I wonder why this boring FB blurb, which basically echos what Nikon, Canon, and everyone else's ad campaigns have always been, would be worthy of more attention and concern. Sellers have always told us the magic is in the product being sold: cameras, lenses, film, etc... Must be a slow news day in blog-land.
12 years 7 months ago #148651 by Baydream

effron wrote: A total over reaction, as usual. BTW, what's facebook?...........:P

It's like Google+ but with people. :whistle:

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #148702 by Jim Photo

Baydream wrote: Whether there is a difference between Nikon and Canon. Canon has a HUGE lead in marketing. Nikon focuses on pro models and seems to have entry level as an afterthought.
The two brands are nearly dead even in pro gear but those getting started are getting Canon's attention.

100% agree

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #148703 by Jim Photo

Baydream wrote:

effron wrote: A total over reaction, as usual. BTW, what's facebook?...........:P

It's like Google+ but with people. :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #148750 by Scotty

Baydream wrote: Whether there is a difference between Nikon and Canon. Canon has a HUGE lead in marketing. Nikon focuses on pro models and seems to have entry level as an afterthought.

lol what does this have to do with the topic?

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #148751 by Scotty

Henry Peach wrote:

Senne 1976 wrote: How do you find those commercials to be more offensive?

They seem to be saying "With Nikon any goofball can get great photos even when they are goofing around!".

I'm not personally offended by those ads, but I wonder why this boring FB blurb, which basically echos what Nikon, Canon, and everyone else's ad campaigns have always been, would be worthy of more attention and concern. Sellers have always told us the magic is in the product being sold: cameras, lenses, film, etc... Must be a slow news day in blog-land.

People act offended about anything these days, they think taking a stand on anything makes them important.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #148779 by icepics
I guess so Scotty. It's Nikon's facebook page, what do people expect? - they're going to promote their products like every other busimess on FB seems to be doing. They could have worded the statement a little better I suppose, but nobody has to read Nikon's facebook page if they don't want to. (Edited to add - at least somebody worked hockey into the conversation! LOL)

Sounds like you've been cooking w/the grandkids Charles, you going to give us that cake recipe??

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #148835 by Baydream

Scotty wrote:

lol what does this have to do with the topic?

The criticism that the Nikon FB page post is the result of poor marketing, not quality products. That's exactly why the comment fits the subject. :catfight: NIkon made a statement that we have heard the exact opposite repeatedly on PT.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024