Going to Yellowstone!

11 years 10 months ago #233626 by crystal
So this friday hubby and I are leaving for 2 weeks to visit Yellowstone, Teton and Glacier. I'm so excited! :woohoo: :banana: I just had to share. :banana: A full week in Yellowstone a day trip to teton and 2 full days at glacier. So many days of waking up before the crack of dawn, getting very little sleep, shooting tons and tons of photos, hiking many miles with a 35lb camera bag (somewhere in the middle I'll be dead from that much hiking and carrying the bag) so my spirit will continue the journey for me. lol But knowing all that, I can't wait!

Knowing my luck, I'll get killed by a bear, because even though I have a 50-500mm with teleconvertor, sometimes its just not enough reach. lol So I'll want to get closer. As my husband told his parents yesterday, I'll be chasing after the bear, as it's chasing towards us, just to get the shot. :rofl: Hey, a photographer must suffer to get that shot right? lol
11 years 10 months ago #233630 by Baydream
Have a great, and SAFE, trip. :cheer:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #233638 by chasrich
:agree: A lot of us are going with you in spirit. Make the shot then come home safely. :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
11 years 10 months ago #233682 by icepics
Don't let the bear catch you! Have fun, sounds like it will be a great adventure.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #233693 by sandozer
Have a super time, I found that arriving as soon as the park opened to be best for catching wildlife by the roadside. My first encounter with a Grizzly was as I drove in from the East entrance at that time. Good luck and stay safe.
11 years 10 months ago #233704 by crystal
Thanks everyone, we'll be as safe as we can be.
11 years 10 months ago #233903 by Flash Steven
Lucky you! Have fun :judge:

Canon 7D w/grip, Canon 40D, Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS L Canon MPE 65mm f2.8 macro; Sigma 70-300mm f2.8; Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro; Sigma 8-16mm f4.5-5.6
Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #233915 by Scotty
Bring more memory cards and batteries than you'll think you'll need.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #233946 by McBeth Photography

Scotty wrote: Bring more memory cards and batteries than you'll think you'll need.

:agree: Have fun! :banana:

It is what it is.
11 years 10 months ago #233959 by Joves
Sounds like great fun. Are you driving and which route are you taking?

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #234060 by bhowdy
You are going to have such a great time Crystal. Can't wait to see the pics! Where are you staying?

We like to take a "day off" every 3-4 days to allow a recharge. It's not a "no photo day", just a day that we are not on the road by 4:30am. Yes it will take a 4:30 leave time (not get up time) to be many places by sunrise. Yellowstone is huge!

If you have not discovered it already .... check out the Y'Net forums. Go to the Trip Reports section. This will let you know where folks are seeing critters and help minimize some driving. If you go to the real "touristy" sites, go early in the day ... they get real crowded as the day goes on, especially the thermal features.

Y Net Forums

Remember you only have to run faster than your husband!

Let me know if you get this close to a Grizzly (taken in Yellowstone)

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

Attachments:
11 years 10 months ago #234061 by bhowdy

I found that arriving as soon as the park opened to be best for catching wildlife by the roadside.

Not sure what was meant by this comment? Yellowstone does not close at night, no gates, etc. You cn drive around all night if you want to.

Bob Howdeshell

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera" ~ Lewis Hine

11 years 10 months ago #234109 by Jim Photo
Yellowstone is on my bucket list :beerbang:

Photo Comments
11 years 10 months ago #234311 by JoAnne Muzila
That is so exciting, I have many friends who have gone there. One is a photographer and he told me that there is so much to photograph there. Hope to see some photos!

11 years 10 months ago #234543 by Little Kate
Been there years ago, it is so incredibly beautiful there

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024