How long till you post photos...

10 years 1 month ago #362027 by Eddy
 of friends and family that you took at a party?  This happens to me often, we have a family event (just 2 weeks ago) and of course I'm the only one that shows up with a "professional" camera.  I must get asked a half dozen times in a day when I'm going to be posting photos up to Facebook.  Better yet, I become the butt of jokes about how long it takes for me to get copies of photos set up in a drop box or public album where all can grab.  Then I get calls, usually a few days after the events asking if I had posted them up yet.  I always let everyone know that I always have my camera with me, family events is no exception.  As you can suspect, people get presumptuous and assume I'm there to take photos.  Like many, I take photos of what sparks my eye.  I don't mean to be unsocial (which I'm not), but my photos are taken with no expectations other than, did I get a good shot?  Will that be the one that goes from ok to good to extraordinary? 

Is it just that family automatically always assume we photographers are there for their disposal? 

10 years 1 month ago #362051 by garyrhook

Eddy wrote:  of friends and family that you took at a party?

When I'm darn good and ready, and I have something to share. I usually don't take pictures in that situation because I've learned I prefer to be in the moment, and I am unable to be both a participant and a photographer.

I think your answer to the inquiries might be, "I don't know."

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #362067 by DSRay
I never, ever, bring my camera to family affairs.  That's why I bought a Point and Shoot for my wife.

10 years 1 month ago #362071 by Tuscan Muse
This just happened to me as well.  The "event" was on Sunday afternoon and there was an email asking me, "where are the pictures?" the next morning. I think DSRay has the best idea!
10 years 1 month ago #362075 by The Original Daisy
Oh no, I don't even bring a P&S, if I want to take photos at family events, I use my iPhone!  

10 years 1 month ago #362233 by One Wish
LOL when I get around to it!  I could be 1 week, or if you bug me, 6 months! 

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #362247 by Joves
Well I personally would tell them of you keep pestering me then never. I would tell the first person to tell everyone else to not bring it up. And I would inform them that I have to be in the mood to do such things. This way it is perfectly clear that you are not there to do their bidding. 

10 years 1 month ago #362323 by Jeanne Merlo
When ever I get around to them.  Unless they are paying me, there is no rush.  

10 years 1 month ago #362359 by Athena
I'm going to take the high road on this one and just say, my comments would be the same, plus a little something extra if it was my sister in law :evil:

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #362383 by Tony Imaging
THATS why I hate taking my camera to family functions!  

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #362389 by Eddy
Ahhhh, so I'm not alone in thinking this way.  Good to know, but I think I need to set some new expectations with certain family members.  I just need to think about how I will approach them. 

10 years 1 month ago #362529 by Eric A
Not at all, I'm the same way.  You want something from me, you should be respectful of my time. 

My Camera Bag:

Canon 7D | 50mm f/1.2 | 17-40mm f/4 | 70-200mm f/2.8 | 320EX | 580EXII

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #363061 by KENT MELTON
OMG, they would be waiting for a long time!  

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #363089 by Kenta
Oh no!  My family is actually good about this, when I get them, I get them over.

Photo Comments
10 years 1 month ago #363307 by Jackson Rieger
LOL  Really?  Nope, any pressure from anyone expecting something free from me, and it goes into a long wait.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024