Gear Focus for selling camera gear?

6 months 2 weeks ago #665736 by Steve Zahra
I'm tired of using Craigslist to try to sell my used gear.  I went to Google yesterday and did some searches and found 'Gear Focus'.  

Have you bought or sold anything on this site before?  Did it go as expected?  Better yet would you recommend the site? 

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gear-Focus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 2 weeks ago #665852 by Paris Gal
Interesting.  As long as this is better than CL, I'm very good with that.  But never heard of this site.  

5D mark II gripped | Canon 100L | Canon 85 1.8 | Sigma 50 1.4 | Tamron 28-75 2.8 | 580ex II | 430ex II x 2 |
Photo Comments

6 months 2 weeks ago #665856 by Photo Amigo
I tried selling a tripod on Craigslist 2 weeks ago and ended up pulling the ad.  Way to many @#$% trying to get me to ship it if they pay me via PayPal or some sending cashiers check.  Yeah right. 

6 months 2 weeks ago #665875 by effron
In that instance I'd accept a paypal payment, though I'd withdraw my money prior to shipping the item sold.....Of course doing that ended my account with PP, and made me switch banks thanks to a scammer.

Why so serious?
Photo Comments

6 months 2 weeks ago #665950 by Photo Amigo

effron wrote: In that instance I'd accept a paypal payment, though I'd withdraw my money prior to shipping the item sold.....Of course doing that ended my account with PP, and made me switch banks thanks to a scammer.

It's so bad how things  have gotten 

The following user(s) said Thank You: KNguyen

6 months 1 week ago #665976 by Kenya See
Not many listings on it.  Must be new.

Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #666114 by Chris Briggs
Did I miss something, what's the charge?  Is it free like CL?

Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #666291 by Overread
Looks like another Lensfinder

Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #666588 by Macon B
I only sell to those that I can meet in person.  Can't meet in person, you don't get my gear.  As simple as that.  

The following user(s) said Thank You: KNguyen

6 months 1 week ago #666594 by Fess Walker
I really wish Craigslist would figure out a way to control the spam.  It's a large site, heck offering such a filtering or peace of mind might be a way they could charge for use of the site.  

Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #666613 by Steve Zahra
I see I'm not the only one frustrated.  You would expect they would do something about that.  

Photo Comments

6 months 1 week ago #666752 by J Hemingway
Your best bet is just to use a dummy email address that you only use for Craigslist listings.  

Photo Comments

4 weeks 1 day ago #683666 by Gear-Focus
Hi All. We started Gear Focus as we were all frustrated in the process and options for buying and selling camera gear as well. With the lowest seller fees anywhere of only 3.5% we wanted to create one place where all creatives could buy and sell camera gear, while saving time and money. We also monitor every listing and seller and also offer our Gear Focus Protection which you can check out here:  https://www.gearfocus.com/gear-focus-protection.html

If you ever have any questions, feel free to contact us anytime. We are glad to help answer any questions. 

4 weeks 3 hours ago #683727 by Rick Larin
Good, tired of CL crap.  Last month sold a lens on there and I was contacted by 7 scammers before I finally got someone legit.  I'm sure there are people falling for the CL tools.  Just book marked your this one for next time.  

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gear-Focus, Gear-Focus-1

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In the Canon 5D Mark III vs Canon 1D Mark IV battle, which of these older cameras is right for you? Get all the details on these oldies but goodies in this comparison review.

May 27, 2020

The Fujifilm X-T4 was released just a couple of months ago and represents a nice update to the X-T3. In this Fujifilm X-T4 review, we'll discuss specs, features, build, handling, and more.

May 20, 2020

Not sure if the Canon 5Ds R is right for you in 2020? Let us help you decide with this detailed Canon 5Ds R review.

May 20, 2020

Is the Fujifilm GFX 50S medium format camera the right choice for you? Find out in this quick review of its specs, build quality, video capabilities, and more.

May 18, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

There are many reasons why you should print on metal, including the durability and uniqueness of metal prints, as well as all the options you have for customizing your print.

May 29, 2020

Razer has unleashed the 2020 version of their Blade 15 Studio, and it is an incredible machine with the power visual creatives need.

May 29, 2020

Canvas or paper prints can be a nice addition to your home, but each one has distinct advantages and disadvantages that are helpful to know before you buy.

May 27, 2020

In the Canon 5D Mark III vs Canon 1D Mark IV battle, which of these older cameras is right for you? Get all the details on these oldies but goodies in this comparison review.

May 27, 2020

I have two high-powered laptops on my desk. In this Macbook vs Razer comparison, I'll break these computers down by specs, pros, and cons.

May 27, 2020

There are plenty of items photographers need, including office equipment that improves your workflow, the functionality of your space, and makes you more comfortable.

May 26, 2020

If you're in the market for a new camera strap and you want something custom and handmade, look no further than these custom camera straps from Holdfast.

May 26, 2020

You can learn nude photography with any kind of camera. What's more important is to focus on the process and making the model (and yourself) as comfortable as possible.

May 26, 2020