PhotoPlus 2020 still on in October??

1 month 3 weeks ago #688440 by ThatNikonGuy
I just saw an ad on Facebook advertising the October/November 2020 expo.  I thought everything was cancelled this year?

Something I'm missing here?

Photo Comments

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #688443 by Nikon Shooter

From their website:

Attendee expressly agrees to fully comply with appropriate COVID-19
health and safety measures and protocols for attendance at the event,
including the requirement to wear face masks at all times and maintain
appropriate social distance.  If needed, Emerald will have limited face
masks available for those attendees who do not bring their own masks
to the event.  Emerald reserves the right to remove any attendee from
the event for failure to adhere to the required COVID-19 health and sa-
fety measures and protocols for attendance at the event.

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #688445 by Uplander
I wonder how many companies will bail out from attending.  Sony? 

Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #688473 by ThatNikonGuy
Exactly, it will be very interesting to see who shows up if the show goes on.  I think it would be a ghost  pit regardless.   I don't think the masses will show up.  Which will mean any company spending $$  to be there, won't make a good ROI.  

Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #688562 by Chris Briggs
I would love to see it open, but honestly I don't see it opening.  If it does, attendance from the vendors and guest I'd guess would be poor.  

Photo Comments

1 month 3 weeks ago #688612 by Overread
I honestly don't see this happening.  With the unknown regarding a second wave coming, AND most likely won't travel here.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #688624 by Sassy Girl
I wouldn't be going this year.  I'll wait till 2021.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #688827 by Chris Briggs

Sassy Girl wrote: I wouldn't be going this year.  I'll wait till 2021.  

Yeah, I'm with you on that one.  Going to stay low for this year.

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #688831 by David Dettman
I think it would be a mistake to have this.  To much liability and attendance would be rubbish.  Look at what happens with large groups now?  Plus Oct/Nov will be colder season, so Covid will be springing up for round 2.  

1 month 2 weeks ago #688851 by Prago
I bet it won't go off.  Just to much risk. 

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #688941 by Brody Kross
Olympus just backed out of Photo Plus.  Smart move, I agree, this won't happen this year.  I think most won't attend.  

1 month 2 weeks ago #688960 by ThatNikonGuy

Brody Kross wrote: Olympus just backed out of Photo Plus.  Smart move, I agree, this won't happen this year.  I think most won't attend.  

I bet we'll hear similar announcements from the others soon enough.  Then Photo plus will make the announcement they are finally pulling the plug.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #689035 by Wyrick Photography
Attending as a vendor will be a big gamble.  Which I think most companies will realize this and likely not go. Considering these venues, travel cost and possible quarantine will be very expensive.  Making a poor attendance venue a bad investment.  

Canon 5d Mark II • Canon 24-105mm F/4.0 • Canon 135mm F/2.0 • Canon 50mm F/1.8 • Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 • Canon 580ex ii
Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #689094 by CaptNemo
There is news that we may be facing a fresh new lock down as Covid cases are taking a huge spike forward.  There isn't a chance this Expo will happen.  

Photo Comments

1 month 2 weeks ago #689133 by Colorado Mike
Talk about a huge liability.  Man that would be a bone head move for them and selfish if I might add.  I'm not going anywhere near large groups of people right now.  Not till things are buttoned up with Covid.  

Just my 2 cents.  

Photo Comments

1.62M

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

In this Fujifilm X-E3 review, learn about the specs, features, pros, cons, and more of this excellent entry-level mirrorless camera.

Aug 05, 2020

In this Nikon D500 vs Nikon D7500 matchup, we explore the features and specs, pros and cons, and prices of these older, but highly capable DSLRs.

Jun 22, 2020

Check out this Sony a7R IV review to learn all about this incredible camera's specs, features, image quality, price, and more.

Jun 15, 2020

The Panasonic Lumix S1 might be a few years old, but its features and specs (and its used price today) make it worth a long, hard look.

Jun 08, 2020

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With this list of gifts for photographers under $250, you have tons of great holiday gift ideas for the photographer on your list!

Aug 06, 2020

photo album, photo album features, best photo album, photo album layout

Aug 05, 2020

The Canon EOS 80D is several years old, but it has some great specs and features that still make it a solid choice in 2020.

Aug 05, 2020

In this Fujifilm X-E3 review, learn about the specs, features, pros, cons, and more of this excellent entry-level mirrorless camera.

Aug 05, 2020

A great way to supplement your income is to sell stock photos. The question is, how do you sell photos online? Use these tips to increase stock photography sales.

Aug 04, 2020

Our upcoming photography trek and adventure series will provide you with actionable steps you can take to improve your photography and get ready for outdoor adventures of your own.

Aug 04, 2020

Not sure how to use your camera as a webcam? Use this guide to learn how to set up a DSLR or mirrorless camera with your computer.

Aug 04, 2020

A common question beginner photographers have is, what are step up rings? Learn what they are, why they're valuable, and where you can get a next-generation step up ring.

Aug 04, 2020