Camping and photography trip this weekend, is it bad...

3 months 18 hours ago #712886 by Chester Foster
That all I have in my bag is my camera gear and bottle of rum?  Not sure where I'm going to place the tent or food.  :rofl:

A few friends decided we should leave our glamping gear home this weekend and head off with only what we can carry in our backpacks.   Yeah, this is going to be tougher than I thought!  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 4 weeks ago #712986 by Ian Stone
No, I don't see anything wrong with that.  At least your packing with priorities in first.  :rofl:

Photo Comments

2 months 4 weeks ago #713011 by I shoot RAW
I think we share the same packing check list 

Wasn't me :)
Photo Comments

2 months 4 weeks ago #713190 by Prago
LOL 

Yeah, I agree, nothing wrong here.  

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #713290 by Sawyer
Don't forget the shot glasses

Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon 35L | Sigma 85 1.4 | Helios 44M-6 58mm(M42) | Zeiss 50mm 1.4 (C/Y) | Canon 135L | (2) 430EX II
Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #713518 by Eliffman
LOL that is funny stuff, although I don't judge your packing methods

Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #713588 by Joe Peterson
LMAO!!!!!

Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #713692 by Red Tail
My camera bag is always packed first before anything else!  I'm with you.  How did the trip go?

Photo Comments

2 months 3 weeks ago #713787 by Stanly
You and I pack very similarly. Hope your trip went well!

Nikon Z6 | Nikon FM10 | Nikon D80 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8D | Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S VR | 35-105mm f/3.5 Macro | 80-200mm f/4.5 | SB600 | Pocket Wizard II
Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #713910 by Ontherocks
While I get this thread was more in light humor, when packing for trips, my photography bag is always the first to get packed.  If I'm heading out, I always want to make sure I have my gear I need.  

Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #714025 by Chester Foster
Thanks everyone, it was a great time.  Funny thing is that 2 others did nearly the same.  We had plenty of beverages on this trip.  Good times! 

2 months 2 weeks ago #714109 by Nikon Shooter
So, Chester, what did you shoot?

Light is free… capturing it is not!
This person is a posting maniac and deserves a #1 badge!Top Poster
Photo Comments

2 months 2 weeks ago #714349 by Roy Wilson
I don't judge, that is just prioritizing.  :rofl:

Canon 5D Mark II, 30D, 40D, 50 1.2L, 16-35 2.8L Mark II, 24-105 4L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 85 1.8, 4 x 580 EX(II)
Photo Comments

2 months 1 week ago #714466 by neal1977
Hey!  Well that's just getting the job done.  So how did your trip work out?

Photo Comments

• Facebook

802,251 / Likes

• Twitter

205,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic FZ1000 is an older camera, yet it has features like 4K video and an articulating screen. It's price has dropped significantly as well, making it an attractive option for many photographers.

Jun 21, 2021

In this FujiFilm X70 review, we'll look at the specs and features, pros and cons, pricing, and more of this compact, well-equipped camera.

Jun 14, 2021

The Nikon D700 is pretty long in the tooth now, but that doesn't mean that it still doesn't offer great specs and features for some photographers in 2021.

Jun 14, 2021

The Canon EOS M6 is four years old and has since been replaced with the M6 Mark II. But it's still a solid camera, particularly for beginners and vloggers.

Jun 08, 2021
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

With these apps for photography businesses, you'll be able to streamline everything from billing clients to communicating with them to organizing your business documents and file, and more!

Jun 21, 2021

Getting high-quality prints of your photos is a must whether you're an amateur or a professional photographer.

Jun 21, 2021

Get better photos of real estate and make your clients even happier by using these simple techniques to improve interior photos.

Jun 21, 2021

The Panasonic FZ1000 is an older camera, yet it has features like 4K video and an articulating screen. It's price has dropped significantly as well, making it an attractive option for many photographers.

Jun 21, 2021

Gimbals are easy enough to operate, but that doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of gimbal mistakes to be made. Learn some tips and techniques to minimize those mistakes in this guide.

Jun 17, 2021

With these photography business ideas, you'll learn new ways that you can attract new clients and generate additional income.

Jun 17, 2021

If you're an avid wildlife or sports photographer, the Explorer Lens Quiver from Holdfast Gear might be the perfect bag for you.

Jun 17, 2021

There's a lot of photography gear you might invest in, some of which might initially be overlooked. Find some "hidden" gems in this list of must-have gear.

Jun 15, 2021