Why would you need 2 camera bodies?

13 years 1 month ago #41425 by Jacob1977
I have a Nikon D90 and D200, and have been toying around with getting a IR camera. These days I shoot mainly with my D90 and was thinking of either buying a IR camera ready to go or sending in my D200 to get converted to a IR camera.

Should I keep it as is? What for? or would you just convert it to IR?

Thanks for your help!

Jacob

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #41432 by Hamtastic
2 bodies will come in handy when you at sporting events or something where having to lenses ready will cut down the need of having to change lenses. You won't chance loosing the shot.

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #41436 by crystal
Two bodies can come in handy for alot of reasons, especially if you have more then one lenses.
13 years 1 month ago #41437 by Baydream
And in case one has a failure, you can keep shooting until repairs are done.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #41451 by ilder
I wouldn't want to carry two bodies. I guess it's a good thing I only have 1 lens. :)

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #41539 by effron
I have two simply because I want two. With the Nikon system, shooting casually, you would rarely require a "back up", just very dependable. (un-like those cannons).......:)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #41542 by dwi3x4
If I wanted to shoot IR and had a 2nd body, I would convert over. I wouldn't even think twice.

13 years 1 month ago #41556 by Jacob1977
All good advice, I have been thinking about getting a older D60 or D70 and converting one of those over to IR. Decisions, decisions! :whistle:

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #41566 by effron
I have a D70s in good shape I had life pixel convert, and it is great. There are a few deals around on these. I believe the D200 is also a good camera to mod......B)

Check here..... www.lifepixel.com/

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #41687 by arkady001
Two bodies allows a lot more freedom in certain situations: I shoot with a 24-70 on one and a 70-200 on the other when doing sports, press or other fast-moving subjects. That gives me pretty much all of the focal lengths I use most often.
I also shoot two bodies when doing weddings and events, but different bodies: for general work I shoot with two D3 bodies - for social portraiture and weddings I shoot one D3 and one D3x - the D3x is used for considered portraits and large groups, whereas the D3 is for 'everything else'...

13 years 1 month ago #41695 by Baydream
:thumbsup: SO in general, the consensus seems to be that for a "casual" shooter, on is enough but for an a"active" or professional photog, two heads (bodies) is better than one.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Auto white balance is a camera setting that adjusts the color temperature of your images automatically. It often works well, but you should know a few tips to fix problems it might cause, too.

May 24, 2024

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III might be more than a decade old, but it still has the chops to be a quality camera for photographers in 2024.

May 23, 2024

Starting a photography business can be a daunting task. There is a lot to do, and many mistakes can be made. This guide helps you minimize mistakes and maximize your success!

May 21, 2024

The Canon 6D Mark II might be an older DSLR, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good option for 2024. In fact, this budget-friendly camera is a powerhouse for stills and videos.

May 21, 2024

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024