Just want to give up.

13 years 1 month ago #46669 by B02 B05
You ever sometimes get the feeling you just want to stop taking pictures, because either you are simply bored with it or no matter how many pictures you take, nothing seems to come out right (even when you do understand photography and your camera).

I get like that sometimes. Anyone else ever feel that way?

13 years 1 month ago #46671 by IO0R
I remember those days when I was first learning photography. It seemed no matter how hard I tried, nothing worked. I did take a break. I think I was stressing too much on trying to get it correct the first time around, instead of just taking my time to learn photography, how to shoot etc...

13 years 1 month ago #46680 by hawkfly
I really have that issue during the winter time.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #46731 by effron
"Just walk away, there's been too much violence, too much pain. Walk away, and put an end to the horror.".....The Humongous

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #46810 by Mike eats photos
Don't give up. Maybe take a break, but never give up.

13 years 1 month ago #46833 by Mosca
Don't make too much of a big deal about it. You are in charge. If you don't want to take pictures, so what, life is beautiful. If you do, life is also beautiful. Stress free and no pictures is far better than all stressed out about having to use your camera.

Regarding everything coming out wrong: again, it's not the end of the world. Things happen. Take different pictures another day, and remember what you messed up last time. I've spent a whole day taking pictures at ISO 6400 in bright sunlight, I've shot high speed action with the focus set on single shot, I shot an entire set with the white balance wrong and in jpg (don't ask), I've gone on vacation and forgotten to load or pack memory cards, and the battery charger. Whatever, I'm still breathing.

Every day on this side of the dirt is a good one, pictures are just extras.

13 years 1 month ago #46908 by Henry Peach
It's hard to force inspiration. Better to try something new or different for a while. You can always pick up the camera again.
13 years 1 month ago #46918 by Baydream
Check out Jonathan Ellerby, PhD

jonathanellerby.com

He has a book on "Inspiration Deficit Disorder" and is on FB.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #46959 by photobod
Never in a million years, to put down my camera would be like severing a hand, I would marry my camera if I could, at least it wouldnt screw me out of all my money :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :beerbang: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy: :toocrazy:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

13 years 1 month ago #46969 by BigDave
And this is why we need a time-out from time to time. Or, just go for a walk with your camera at your side and not look for anything in particular. Let the light excite your creative mind!

13 years 1 month ago #46988 by dlynskey
I don't depend on photography to put food on the table, so I only take pictures when I want to.

13 years 1 month ago #46999 by Ziggy

dlynskey wrote: I don't depend on photography to put food on the table, so I only take pictures when I want to.

Same here, although it would be nice to make a few bucks. ;)

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #47005 by Scotty
Shoot at a focal length in an enviroment you would not normally do.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 1 month ago #47082 by Joves
Well it can be from looking at your shots too soon. I never look at them when I upload them. I look at them when my mind isnt set on what I wanted when I shot it. But yeah it is easy to get disheartened at times. It is then that you need to either take a break or not put stress on yourself over the results and just enjoy the momment. We are our own worst critics and can easily drive ourselves away from doing what we love.

13 years 1 month ago #47347 by Luis 1956
I have thought about giving up many times, but I keep reminding myself of how far I have come.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Auto white balance is a camera setting that adjusts the color temperature of your images automatically. It often works well, but you should know a few tips to fix problems it might cause, too.

May 24, 2024

The Canon EOS 5D Mark III might be more than a decade old, but it still has the chops to be a quality camera for photographers in 2024.

May 23, 2024

Starting a photography business can be a daunting task. There is a lot to do, and many mistakes can be made. This guide helps you minimize mistakes and maximize your success!

May 21, 2024

The Canon 6D Mark II might be an older DSLR, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good option for 2024. In fact, this budget-friendly camera is a powerhouse for stills and videos.

May 21, 2024

In this guide to the bokeh effect, you’ll learn what bokeh is and the factors involved in creating it. You’ll also explore some beautiful example images to spark your creativity with bokeh!

May 16, 2024

Upgrade your kit in 2024 with the best intermediate camera on the market! The question is, what camera fits the bill? We’ve got three top options for you to choose from in this buyer’s guide.

May 15, 2024

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024