Contest winners

12 years 11 months ago #72153 by Nikonjan
I was so happy to see I won something. Got 2nd place in the Registration Giveaway. I hope next contest I can get in from the start and work on the photo competition. Congrats everyone who won.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 11 months ago #72205 by Joves
Well congrats on placing.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikonjan
12 years 11 months ago #72237 by McBeth Photography
Congrats Jan! I can't wait to hear your review of the Radiopoppers!

It is what it is.
12 years 11 months ago #72243 by Nikonjan

McBeth Photography wrote: Congrats Jan! I can't wait to hear your review of the Radiopoppers!

I see you won topaz. I have that and use it a lot. Congrats to you ! I had bought a cheap radio transmitter and this will be great to use Radio Poppers!

12 years 11 months ago #72259 by McBeth Photography

Nikonjan wrote:

McBeth Photography wrote: Congrats Jan! I can't wait to hear your review of the Radiopoppers!

I see you won topaz. I have that and use it a lot. Congrats to you ! I had bought a cheap radio transmitter and this will be great to use Radio Poppers!

Thank you Jan! I'll probably message you from time to time to compare notes while I deal with the learning curve, lol. I've got a buddy who uses radio poppers and is quite pleased with them, I think you'll like them too!

It is what it is.
12 years 11 months ago #72297 by Stealthy Ninja
I just want to see the winning photos. :whistle:
12 years 11 months ago #72363 by Nikonjan

Stealthy Ninja wrote: I just want to see the winning photos. :whistle:

Yes, I would like to see the winning photos also!

12 years 11 months ago #72385 by Maria21
Congrats to all the winners! I also would like to see the wining photos, there were so many great ones. I got in it to late in the contest for any feedback on mine, but maybe next time.

Zerfing's Photographic Imaging
12 years 11 months ago #72421 by Stealthy Ninja
Mmm
On May 25th the winners will be selected based following criteria:
Quality of photo and the photographers interaction in THIS THREAD (Hint, Hint).
12 years 11 months ago #72425 by crystal

Nikonjan wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: I just want to see the winning photos. :whistle:

Yes, I would like to see the winning photos also!

:agree:
12 years 11 months ago #72599 by Foxy Girl
Congrats to the winners :beerbang:

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #73247 by photobod
Chris has promised the photos will be published soon. he did this in the spring give away winners announced thread, so just be patient folks.

Winning Photos will be posted shortly..we promise.

Chris

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 11 months ago #73393 by Prago
Awesome guys!

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #73503 by Stealthy Ninja

photobod wrote: Chris has promised the photos will be published soon. he did this in the spring give away winners announced thread, so just be patient folks.

Winning Photos will be posted shortly..we promise.

Chris

Good. Then we can all critique his choices. :whistle:
12 years 11 months ago #73807 by chasrich
I broke out the Ninja dictionary and started to translate some of the Stealthy messages in this thread. It turned out to be total gibberish - no surprise there... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm thinking that this contest, because of the way the rules were worded, was a combination of who posted the best photos, who posted the most photos and who posted the most comments. Apparently all of these factors were weighted equally judging from my perspective because the top finishers seem to have been the ones that posted the most comments. I'm not saying their photo wasn't the best or their body of work wasn't the best overall I'm just saying that comments are easier to post than photos and photos are easier to post that really good quality photos.

This led to three separate contests... with three types of competitors. Some of us competed by submitting their best shots lets say the top ten. Others of us thought the best way to compete was to keep submitting photos on a daily basis. A large number of us (me included) ran in this race by doing just that. The third set of competitors were the ones that were promoting the contest excitement by keeping the thread active on a minute by minute basis.

As I stated in a previous thread. I got a lot out of this contest as I processed a large number of images to feed the contest beast. A shot or two of mine got some favorable comments that I was proud to hear. I accomplished a lot learning my new camera and advanced in that area much faster than I normally would have. I also enjoyed reading most of the comments and even was moved to comment on a lot of entries too. Then I got a prize that for me was the best thing I would use :woohoo: :woohoo:

I'm not good at making statements that might hurt someones feelings and that is not my intention here but... At times the contest thread got a little tedious with some photos being quoted over and over to maintain a conversation of sorts. I'm not faulting those top finishers for posting lots of comments as they earned their position through hours of dedicated work. I am trying to look at the "contest" from the perspective of those artists that edited through their archives and submitted their work in less than a dozen or perhaps only one or two images. I'm wondering how those people finished even though their work might have been worthy of some recognition.

The photos could have been judged on their merits and given recognition in a separate category but then we would not have accomplished the goal of increased participation in our forums. The people contributing the most original photos could also be recognized for their efforts. And finally I'd like to see the posting numbers on those few die-hard contributors that posted every hour (it seems) and kept the enthusiasm at a high level.

All three contests contributed. The prizes should be given on the basis of who contributed the most. Opinions might vary as to the weight each submission was given but there in lies the intentions of the judges. Let's not rush to tie a hangman's noose and lynch our benefactor. It was a good contest and I had fun. Let's do it again soon.

I'm returning this soapbox before I stagger and fall off!:thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024