re Zenfolio

12 years 11 months ago #78525 by photobod
Just read that Zenfolio has teamed up with One Vision Imaging in the UK, they will be providing a print facility for UK users of Zenfolio, think its a great Idea. :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 11 months ago #78533 by Baydream
:cheers:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #80813 by uJi9

photobod wrote: Just read that Zenfolio has teamed up with One Vision Imaging in the UK, they will be providing a print facility for UK users of Zenfolio, think its a great Idea. :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's great news! I assuming you are from the UK?

12 years 11 months ago #80993 by photobod

uJi9 wrote:

photobod wrote: Just read that Zenfolio has teamed up with One Vision Imaging in the UK, they will be providing a print facility for UK users of Zenfolio, think its a great Idea. :judge: :judge: :judge: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's great news! I assuming you are from the UK?

Yes thats a good assumption
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 11 months ago #80999 by MLKstudios
I never would have guessed. You speak so... American!

:)

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 11 months ago #81007 by DestinDave

MLKstudios wrote: I never would have guessed. You speak so... American!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah - except if he's discussing colour, flavour, or talking about 25 degrees being nice and warm!
:rofl: :rofl:

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #81011 by MLKstudios
One of my UK students (online). A lady doctor who shoots for fun (a photo enthusiast):

web.me.com/laanantha/Site/Welcome.html

Check her architecture, landscape and wildlife galleries.

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 11 months ago #81333 by crystal

MLKstudios wrote: One of my UK students (online). A lady doctor who shoots for fun (a photo enthusiast):

web.me.com/laanantha/Site/Welcome.html

Check her architecture, landscape and wildlife galleries.

umm do you really need to promote yourself in every post?
12 years 11 months ago #81353 by MLKstudios
I'll stop when YOU sign up for my course. :)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 11 months ago #81357 by crystal

MLKstudios wrote: I'll stop when YOU sign up for my course. :)

Pigs will fly before that happens. :)
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #81363 by MLKstudios
Lin Ann's work is beautiful and awe inspiring. Your work is "pretty".

Did that cut you to the bone?

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 11 months ago #81365 by photobod
This is an impassioned plea to Matthew and Crystal, please shake hands and agree to disagree, you are both lovely people and good friends of mine and it upsets me to see you attacking each other, I cant behave but I am sure you two can so leave the grumpy behaviour to me please.

www.dcimages.org.uk

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #81367 by MLKstudios
Thanks, but a restraining order would only make it worse. She wanted to play hardball, and I can play too. I don't only teach photography basics, but how to ACT like a pro. She has a LOT to learn and won't admit it to herself.

BTW good photography also includes knowing a bit about psychology -- she likes me, she REALLY likes me. If we met in person, we'd be like two tigers and Vaseline.

B)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

12 years 11 months ago #81487 by Henry Peach

MLKstudios wrote: She wanted to play hardball, and I can play too. I don't only teach photography basics, but how to ACT like a pro.

You might want to go back and reread the section of the professional etiquette book about online bickering. I'm almost positive they advise ignoring the jabs, and not perpetuating the fight. :)

Crystal, you've made it clear you don't like his strong, self promotion. I'm sure you're not alone, but unless he's breaking forum rules your next option is to find the ignore or block feature if his posts are driving you crazy.

This isn't hardball. This is schoolyard silliness. Or typical photo forum behavior. ;) But this site has seemed a bit different. It's generally civil. It's nice, and let's keep it that way. Next time you feel like posting something negative (other than in the darkroom forum :woohoo: ) it's a sign you need to get off the computer, and get out and shoot! Let's get back to photography. At least take the drama to the off topic channel.
12 years 11 months ago #81507 by MLKstudios
You're quite right HP. Just felt a need to "rib" her back a bit.

Case closed.

Matthew :)

Matthew L Kees
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best photography jobs right now are a mix of tried-and-true gigs like wedding photography and new jobs highlighting AI’s capabilities, travel, and videography.

May 15, 2024

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024