PhotographyTalk Bar & Grill come on in, bring your drinks and take seat!

13 years 2 months ago #22664 by crystal
Well my weekend, I didn't shoot eagles. Decided to shoot wolves instead, but the preserve was closed due to snow. So I shot my dog in the snow. :rofl: Hubby and I did go see No Strings Attached. Great movie. We loved it. Got to see Ashton's whole body naked...except there was a small towel covering his :banana: :woohoo:
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #22677 by Karl Wertanen

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Rob pix4u2 wrote: Hey guys /gals I just responded to a post that a bar fight was brewing and we have lost a good patron in the process. What ever has gone on to send PHOTOBOD packing has kind of troubled me to the point of really being upset with the 3 individuals responsible for the mess. Let's all remember why we are here in the first place-our love of photography and all of it's trappings. It is wrong to "target" someone because they have the guts to share an honest opinion and we should all respect each others right to that end. I could go on but i think Y'all get my point... if you don't know then check out the "i'me outta here" post by Photobod. 'nuff said.

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Omar and Scotty, I think Photobod is quite like Steven, what do you think?!

Very much so.

vipergts831 wrote: I agree with your observation stealthy :lol:

They remind me of each other. Same posting style.

BTW I know Photobod took this the wrong way, but if he had of actually asked he'd have found out that Steven is a mutual friend of ours and none of us were teasing or whatever. :S We actually like Steven... so no offense intended.

Now, I'm not sure if there was some other posts that have been deleted, but I just want to say, if you suspect teasing/insults going on, you might want to actually check and see before posting some thinly veiled thread about how badly others have treated you. It might turn out you were wrong... the internet is the wrong place to jump to conclusions. ;) :pinch:

Lets be real here... When you see these postings...

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Omar and Scotty, I think Photobod is quite like Steven, what do you think?!

Very much so.

It's pretty easy to take this the way he took it (especially knowing your sarcastic condescending sense of humor, and especially when vipergts makes a little laughing face after his agreement comment). From the outside looking in, and nobody but you guys knowing steve, it didnt look good. You called him out to 2 different people w/out specifying what you were talking about. It shouldn't be photobods responsibility to have to ask how you meant it, it should be the responsibility of the person posting, at the time of posting the comment, to mention that who ever you are comparing him to is a good likable guy and you dont mean it in a derogatory way (if that's really how you intend it). He can't read your mind. You gotta understand in your original comparison comment, w/out an explanation of why you are comparing the 2, people are gonna look at that conversation as shady. It just looked bad and i know alot of other people took it that way also and for good reason. Your intentions may be harmless, but it's really easy to misunderstand people through text messaging and not pick up on how they mean things because you cannot pick up on emotion that it was said with. When i type something, i always re-read it and try to put myself in the recipients position... to make sure i worded everything correctly.

Big picture - It's all kind of silly.. There are overly sensitive people in the world and there are overly sarcastic people who will say whatever w/out giving a damn... We need to take everything w/a grain of salt and also be careful how we come off to other people. It's just basic forum etiquette. ;)

I bet he comes back... his page is not deleted yet.
:cheers:
13 years 2 months ago #22693 by vipergts831

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Rob pix4u2 wrote: Hey guys /gals I just responded to a post that a bar fight was brewing and we have lost a good patron in the process. What ever has gone on to send PHOTOBOD packing has kind of troubled me to the point of really being upset with the 3 individuals responsible for the mess. Let's all remember why we are here in the first place-our love of photography and all of it's trappings. It is wrong to "target" someone because they have the guts to share an honest opinion and we should all respect each others right to that end. I could go on but i think Y'all get my point... if you don't know then check out the "i'me outta here" post by Photobod. 'nuff said.

Scotty wrote:

Very much so.

BTW I know Photobod took this the wrong way, but if he had of actually asked he'd have found out that Steven is a mutual friend of ours and none of us were teasing or whatever. :S We actually like Steven... so no offense intended.

Now, I'm not sure if there was some other posts that have been deleted, but I just want to say, if you suspect teasing/insults going on, you might want to actually check and see before posting some thinly veiled thread about how badly others have treated you. It might turn out you were wrong... the internet is the wrong place to jump to conclusions. ;) :pinch:

Scotty wrote:

Very much so.

It's pretty easy to take this the way he took it (especially knowing your sarcastic condescending sense of humor, and especially when vipergts makes a little laughing face after his agreement comment). From the outside looking in, and nobody but you guys knowing steve, it didnt look good. You called him out to 2 different people w/out specifying what you were talking about. It shouldn't be photobods responsibility to have to ask how you meant it, it should be the responsibility of the person posting, at the time of posting the comment, to mention that who ever you are comparing him to is a good likable guy and you dont mean it in a derogatory way (if that's really how you intend it). He can't read your mind. You gotta understand in your original comparison comment, w/out an explanation of why you are comparing the 2, people are gonna look at that conversation as shady. It just looked bad and i know alot of other people took it that way also and for good reason. Your intentions may be harmless, but it's really easy to misunderstand people through text messaging and not pick up on how they mean things because you cannot pick up on emotion that it was said with. When i type something, i always re-read it and try to put myself in the recipients position... to make sure i worded everything correctly.

Big picture - It's all kind of silly.. There are overly sensitive people in the world and there are overly sarcastic people who will say whatever w/out giving a damn... We need to take everything w/a grain of salt and also be careful how we come off to other people. It's just basic forum etiquette. ;)

Good observation Karl. Hopefully he comes back. It was actually a compliment but i see how some could see it the other way around. Personally i would have made light of it by just saying "I hope the comparison is a good thing" and laughing it off.

13 years 2 months ago #22724 by Scotty

vipergts831 wrote:

Karl Wertanen wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Very much so.

Scotty wrote:

Very much so.

Good observation Karl. Hopefully he comes back. It was actually a compliment but i see how some could see it the other way around. Personally i would have made light of it by just saying "I hope the comparison is a good thing" and laughing it off.

The idea of a forum is that you can ask for any type of information. All he had to do was ask. It's getting be a little absurd.

Good afternoon all ;)

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #22726 by Scotty

Rob pix4u2 wrote: Team Staal in the NHL All-Star Game - yah it was a good show though, always feel bad for the Goalies cuz its a shooting gallery with all of the snipers on the ice at the same time. Some great goals were scored, pretty to say thee least.

Yeah it was good overall. I had this feeling after the first 4 goals scored, it was going to be a blowout and maybe they let up a little bit so it wouldn't be horrible to watch? I dunno, good overall though. Hiller looked amazing.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #22737 by vipergts831
Whats up Scott! What youve been up to?

13 years 2 months ago #22754 by Scotty

vipergts831 wrote: Whats up Scott! What youve been up to?

I just got my big stopper in. Did Julian say anything about getting his LEE kit for his 14-24?

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #22771 by vipergts831

Scotty wrote:

I just got my big stopper in. Did Julian say anything about getting his LEE kit for his 14-24?

Finally! Ive heard the wait is rediculous! I havent heard him say anything about that yet. I know for sure once he does get it an announcement will come.

13 years 2 months ago #22772 by Scotty

vipergts831 wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Finally! Ive heard the wait is rediculous! I havent heard him say anything about that yet. I know for sure once he does get it an announcement will come.

The wait is pretty crazy, i'm still waiting for the lee foundation kit to hold the thing on my cam.

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #22810 by CanonKid
Man I dislike Mondays! :nunu:

Canon 7D, 15-85mm, 18-55mm, 70-200mm, 100mm Macro, Sigma 120-300mm, Speedlite 430EX II

A bad day at the race track is better than a good day in the office

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #22811 by Scotty

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #22815 by vipergts831

Scotty wrote:

vipergts831 wrote:

Scotty wrote:

The wait is pretty crazy, i'm still waiting for the lee foundation kit to hold the thing on my cam.

Its insane how high the demand is and they just cant keep up with it. SMH

Im looking forward to the macbook or imac refresh coming up. Ill be purchasing either one depending on how i feel on that day :lol:

13 years 2 months ago #22826 by Scotty

vipergts831 wrote:

Scotty wrote:

vipergts831 wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Im looking forward to the macbook or imac refresh coming up. Ill be purchasing either one depending on how i feel on that day :lol:

You have a laptop already?

Photo Comments
13 years 2 months ago #22839 by vipergts831

Scotty wrote:

vipergts831 wrote:

Scotty wrote:

vipergts831 wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Yup a now 3 year old dell xps which will be replaced but kept as another computer. Figure i can do a clean wipe when i get a new one and keep it around as an extra comp.

13 years 2 months ago #22851 by Scotty

vipergts831 wrote:

Scotty wrote:

vipergts831 wrote:

Scotty wrote:

vipergts831 wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Yup a now 3 year old dell xps which will be replaced but kept as another computer. Figure i can do a clean wipe when i get a new one and keep it around as an extra comp.

I'm thinking the new macbooks will have the flash/solid state memory.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024