PhotographyTalk Bar & Grill come on in, bring your drinks and take seat!

12 years 8 months ago #131465 by Stealthy Ninja
MOAR CAFFEINE!
12 years 8 months ago #131987 by Vahrenkamp
Anyone drinking tonight? :beerbang:

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #131995 by Stealthy Ninja
No wai!
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #132700 by The Time Capturer
My super bright white LEDs have arrived and I've been playing with them. Man, they are blindingly bright!

I plan to use them to make a ring flash for my camera as well as lighting for the patio and a few other uses. They are more than adequate. I only bought a few but, now that I know they will suit my purpose, I've ordered another 500.

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.
Attachments:
12 years 8 months ago #132754 by Gene.Culley

The Time Capturer wrote: My super bright white LEDs have arrived and I've been playing with them. Man, they are blindingly bright!

I plan to use them to make a ring flash for my camera as well as lighting for the patio and a few other uses. They are more than adequate. I only bought a few but, now that I know they will suit my purpose, I've ordered another 500.

Post up the results, I have seen some DIY ring lights. Always cool to see people making stuff like this. :thumbsup:

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #132922 by fotozone

Gene.Culley wrote:

The Time Capturer wrote: My super bright white LEDs have arrived and I've been playing with them. Man, they are blindingly bright!

Post up the results, I have seen some DIY ring lights. Always cool to see people making stuff like this. :thumbsup:

:agree: And a link.
12 years 8 months ago #132926 by Baydream

fotozone wrote:

Gene.Culley wrote:

:agree: And a link.

They'll be able to spot you from the space station.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #133454 by The Time Capturer
I originally bought them for a temporary light for another photography project that stemmed from the water balloon shoot. But the ring flash has been in my head for awhile now and I think that will get moved up the list now. I also bought some red and yellow LEDs for the bike trailer I am finally beginning to design. High visibility is my goal. These LEDs more than fit that category.

Fear not. Any project involving these amazing creatures will get plenty of photo coverage and I'll probably create an album specifically for them.

Sure, practice makes perfect but, unless you learn from your mistakes, you are only perfecting your ability to fail.
12 years 8 months ago #136175 by Superman

Vahrenkamp wrote: Anyone drinking tonight? :beerbang:

We had poker night here last night so today is recovery day

Nikon D90 & D40 18-55mm, 55-200mm, 35mm, 50mm, 105mm, SB600
Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #137387 by Prago
Poker night sounds fun, you guys play for money or for fun? We usually have $50 buy in. Makes the game more fun.

SWM into chainsaws and hockey masks seeks like-minded SWF. No weirdos, please
Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #137407 by Stealthy Ninja
That's what she said :o
12 years 8 months ago #137522 by Mike Ayrouth

Stealthy Ninja wrote: That's what she said :o

You have some bizarre post at times? But I think I get where you were going with that statement "Poker night sounds fun"?

Getting BETTER one photo at a time!
Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #149546 by The Time Capturer
We had our first snow yesterday, Sept 30. I saw the blue on the radar map but was hoping it was just a glitch ... nope. Notoriously, October 2nd is when we first see that dreaded white stuff. Last year was Sept 29 ... don't like the trend.:(

12 years 7 months ago #149722 by Missy J
So much for global warming :rofl:

Photo Comments
12 years 7 months ago #149724 by fotozone
We have had a little rain from T-storms is September, but next week we will be getting our first real storm of the season seams a little bit early, but I am eagerly looking forward to the water drops. That is one of my favorite winter photo ops.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Latest Articles

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024