The Coffee Shop: A place to relax and hang out.

5 years 1 month ago #632836 by GaryA

Stanly wrote: Well I'm excited friends.  Tomorrow the contractors arrive at our home to remodel our kitchen during the next 3 weeks.  This is a big one, and it's going to look amazing.  We are punching out a wall and expanding the size of the house by 585 feet.  This is going to make this kitchen huge.  We have a new center island that will become the main focal point in the room too.  :)

Gary is soooooo freakin' jealous. Mary Lou and Gary have spoken of enlarging the kitchen ... but that's as far as it has gone.  You gotta post pictures.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.
www: garyayala.com

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #632942 by GaryA
Buenos Dias 'Talkers.  Gary is working from home today, in order to catch the Michael Cohen testimony.  As I am writing, Cohen is center stage and Gary is sipping his coffee watching, as is Mary Lou and Miss Maggie.

There are photographs everywhere. It is the call of photographers to see and capture those images.

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #633590 by GaryA
Buenas Tardes ‘Talkers. It’s been a busy week. Presently, Gary is kicking back, Listening to KUSC, sipping a very nice Firestone Cabernet Sauvignon and catching up on the newspaper and checking out the forum. 

Gary has a chicken in the Sous Vide. It has been in there about 24 hours, cooking away in citrus juices,(lime and lemon), rosemary and parsley. Later today he’ll put a reverse sear on the chicken.

Make: Apple
Model: iPhone 6 Plus
Lens: iPhone 6 Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/2.2
Shutter speed: 1/10 sec
Captured: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 17:32pm

Yesterday Gary whipped up some bread. The bread is stuffed with more rosemary, parsley, orange peel and some Serrano pepper for a bit of kick. 

ISO: 100
Shutter speed: 1/15 sec
Captured: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 17:29pm

Attachments:
5 years 1 month ago #633597 by GaryA
You do not have permissions to access this page.

Friday, Mary Lou, a friend and Gary attend King Kong, a play adapted from the original 1933 movie. It was wonderfully fun and entertaining. There was a ton of stuff going on, on stage a giant screen projected the background of harbor, jungle, city and the actors performed in front of and interacted with the projections. It was all live. A secondary stage was set up all green-screened off behind the primary performance stage. Kong, the airplanes, the dinosaurs and giant snakes all acted live on the secondary stage.  What they acted out was projected onto the main stage with the humans interacting and reacting to the projections. It was all well done and a true representation of the original movie. When the play was over, the curtains parted and the secondary stage was revealed to the audience.  Bravo to the Maverick Theater for another evening of wonderful entertainment.

5 years 1 month ago #633598 by GaryA
ISO: 125
Shutter speed: 1/4 sec
Captured: Sat, 2 Mar 2019 8:36am
When it rains Miss Maggie thinks she can sleep in. 

It’s been raining off and on all week. We’ve been receiving so much rain lately that one begins to appreciate the drought. 

Attachments:
5 years 1 month ago #633735 by GaryA
Who all out there have an Apple Watch?  Gary uses his mainly for the health stuff.  Gary's settings are:

1) Move - 800

2) Exercise - 30

3) Stand - 12 

5 years 1 month ago #633737 by Overread

GaryA wrote: Who all out there have an Apple Watch?  Gary uses his mainly for the health stuff.  Gary's settings are:

1) Move - 800

2) Exercise - 30

3) Stand - 12 

I have one, however don't use it so much for the health readings.  I like that I can check messages as they come in.  There are a few apps I'll use on it.  Most apps I think the interface is a little too small.  But it's a solid watch.  Then again, mine is first generation.  I might be due for an update!  

What version do you have? 

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #633742 by GaryA

Overread wrote:

GaryA wrote: Who all out there have an Apple Watch?  Gary uses his mainly for the health stuff.  Gary's settings are:

1) Move - 800

2) Exercise - 30

3) Stand - 12 

I have one, however don't use it so much for the health readings.  I like that I can check messages as they come in.  There are a few apps I'll use on it.  Most apps I think the interface is a little too small.  But it's a solid watch.  Then again, mine is first generation.  I might be due for an update!  

What version do you have? 

Gary started with the 1st generation.  Gary now sports the 3rd generation.  Gary likes the water proofing of the third. For Christmas and birthday, Gary updated his daughter's and Mary Lou's watches to the latest and greatest.   

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #633743 by GaryA
Gary finds the iWatch to be quite motivating.  In the afternoon he'll check his watch and if he's low on anything, (Move, Exercise, Stand), then he'll hitch up Maggie and head out for a walk or hit the treadmill. Gary has his watch setup to reflect news updates.  If there's a good story he'll read it on the phone.

5 years 1 month ago #633745 by GaryA
PS- Gary also likes the Heart Rate Monitor (BPM) and will check it out throughout the day.

5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #634610 by GaryA
Cool but sunny for the past few days.  The rain seems to have finally stopped which is good because we are planning a new roof to be installed on Wednesday.  Today was spent cleaning up the side yard.  Decades of stuff piled up.  Tons of pots, leftover rain gutters and pvc, all kinds of good stuff which can be used for projects that we’d most likely never start.  We’ve been rolling the stuff out to the curb and it’s been getting picked up almost as quickly as it‘s been set down.

At of this keyboarding ... Gary has 19,513 steps for 9.52 miles.  Gary’s back is killing him, but Gary is planning to hit the treadmill in order to break 20,000 steps and 10 miles.

5 years 1 month ago #634614 by JaneK
Not sunny here.  Well I came down with a bad cold and my family is coming into town in a couple weeks.   I feel so yucky.  

Do you have a big yard Gary?

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #634754 by GaryA

JaneK wrote: Not sunny here.  Well I came down with a bad cold and my family is coming into town in a couple weeks.   I feel so yucky.  

Do you have a big yard Gary?

That is pretty subjective.  Out here it would be considered average in established neighborhoods.  In newer neighborhood, where there is more home than yard ... than yeah it would be on the larger end of the scale for a suburban home.  It's about 120' x 90'.  The side yard is where Gary grows most of his veggies, is concreted in, consequently, Gary has his veggies in pots.  Gary does have herbs and greens and stuff spread out across the yard.  

5 years 1 month ago #634760 by Janet Schlage
I'll jump in on this discussion.  What sort of herbs are you growing?  This spring I plan on setting up some space for some herbs.  Any tips on growing some?  Not sure what I'm going to try.  Definitely basil, cilantro, parsley, and more to come when I figure out what is easy to grow.  

Photo Comments
5 years 1 month ago #634790 by Otto F
Radishes are pretty easy to grow too, make sure you give each plant plenty of growing space.  

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024