White House releases Obama birth certificate

13 years 4 days ago #49905 by DestinDave
I wondered how long before someone examined the birth certificate closely and came up with discrepancies... Read about it here

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

13 years 4 days ago #49937 by effron
I'm shocked.:whistle:
My astonishment stems from the fact Obamma was born Barry, and he changed his own name later, as per his own book......I doubt this is a legitimate document, but not surprised. What a total phony....:P

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: MommaGator
13 years 4 days ago #49940 by MommaGator
Thanks Dave for sharing that link. I know many people want to believe Obama but this entire birth certificate issue smells bad. My Momma always taught me that if something smells bad it is usually rotten other than maybe some different types of cheese! LOL
Obama promised transparency and truth but yet he spends over $2m to avoid producing a perfectly legal document? In my book, that is not transparency.
13 years 3 days ago #50232 by Kyotie
Effron: do you have the reference for Barry/Obama, page and chapter? :drool:

John McDonald
McDonaldsPhotos.Com

13 years 3 days ago #50251 by Baydream

Kyotie wrote: Effron: do you have the reference for Barry/Obama, page and chapter? :drool:

If forgot, look who some states send to Congress. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
13 years 3 days ago #50301 by Stealthy Ninja
2 years and they get a photoshop noob to do it?! :o
13 years 3 days ago #50305 by Stealthy Ninja

MommaGator wrote: I find it interesting that back in 1961 Obama's race was recorded as African. Didn't know that was a race, I thought it was a nationality.

Africa isn't a Nation, it's a continent. African is a race like "Asian" or "European" is a race.
13 years 3 days ago #50307 by Baydream

Stealthy Ninja wrote: 2 years and they get a photoshop noob to do it?! :o

It's the economy :rofl: . Could only get migrant workers to do it. They work cheap.

Photo Comments
13 years 3 days ago - 13 years 3 days ago #50311 by Stealthy Ninja

Baydream wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: 2 years and they get a photoshop noob to do it?! :o

It's the economy :rofl: . Could only get migrant workers to do it. They work cheap.

You'd think the CIA could have gotten the same machine they use to use to print the original ones and do a new one. Then get some dude who's good with a pen to copy the signature... fade it in the sun for a few months and you're done.
13 years 15 hours ago #51446 by icepics
When the long form birth certificate was released, CBS newsman Bob Sheiffer commented that it should satisfy reasonable people. I'm not sure why there's so much question about him being born in the US. His grandmother who raised him lived in Hawaii. His mother was 18; I worked with families of babies and toddlers with developmental delays and it's not uncommon for young mothers to live with their moms to help raise the baby.The birth certificates are issued by the state/county so I don't think it's likely a fake could be made public without someone discovering that it wasn't the original one on file.

Sharon
Photo Comments
13 years 15 hours ago #51454 by MommaGator

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

MommaGator wrote: I find it interesting that back in 1961 Obama's race was recorded as African. Didn't know that was a race, I thought it was a nationality.

Africa isn't a Nation, it's a continent. African is a race like "Asian" or "European" is a race.

I disagree. I'm American but American is not listed on my birth certificate as my race. In the year 1961 it is highly questionable that a US birth certificate would have stated African.

Are you saying that European's of color are just simply European on their birth documents?
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #52052 by Stealthy Ninja

MommaGator wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

I disagree. I'm American but American is not listed on my birth certificate as my race. In the year 1961 it is highly questionable that a US birth certificate would have stated African.

Are you saying that European's of color are just simply European on their birth documents?

I actually didn't say that African is a race, I was just making the connection to commonly used terms.

"African is a race like "Asian" or "European" is a race." I was just making the connection. Of course "American" isn't a race, because it's not a traditional home to a particular race. European/Asian/African are sometimes used generic terms for people of a particular race (though they're all technically wrong).

Here's an example:
My kids are half asian, half white. They're called Eurasians.

Fact is there's only 3 races and most people don't know them: Negroid, Mongoloid and Caucasoid...

...or Black, Asian and White. :whistle:
12 years 11 months ago #52137 by MommaGator
I get what you are saying but I don't agree. Africa is home to white and black people and probably some other colors too so I don't see how their birth documents would state African as a race. I still believe that a US birth certificate in 1961 would not have African as a race, as African is not a skin color.
12 years 11 months ago #52149 by DestinDave

MommaGator wrote: I get what you are saying but I don't agree. Africa is home to white and black people and probably some other colors too so I don't see how their birth documents would state African as a race. I still believe that a US birth certificate in 1961 would not have African as a race, as African is not a skin color.

I agree Momma... I recall most forms and official questionnaires in the 60's and into the 70's as having the options" White, Negro, Hispanic, Asian, American Indian, European, and a few more maybe... then Negro was PC-changed to Black and then to African.. much later than 1961.

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

12 years 11 months ago #52159 by Baydream
OMG - The US economy is still in need of much work to repair the damage done by the corporate-led "opposition party", there are multiple wars all over the world, there are natural disasters occurring monthly, and all some people can whine about is semantics and issues that have been resolved by intelligent people for years. This whining is making the US the laughing stock of the world. THAT's why our influence has diminished.
Can we get on to some serious discussions, especially about photography, or are we going to whine about conspiracy theories that degrade America's reputation and have NO impact on the well-being of this country? :patriot:

By the way, for your education enlightenment, "hispanic" is now considered an "ethnicity" and not a race.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024