White House releases Obama birth certificate

12 years 11 months ago #53497 by icepics
With this sort of thing, red tape and clerical errors are not exactly uncommon. I think it's likely that whoever filled out the original mostly had birth certifcates to fill out that listed both parents from Hawaii and didn't know what term exactly to use, or wrote what they thought was correct. Or whoever completed the form may have put whatever the family told them. I think that the parents provide the information now, that's what I did w/enrollment paperwork - put what information the family gave me. But I don't know how it was done in '61 and as someone already pointed out, the terminology changed over the years. I imagine too it varied in different places as to when terminology changed.

Sharon
Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #53504 by Porter Case
Hi Will, He's up for re-election and that does matter to America. You may not have noticed that we are going down the financial tubes, thanks to the greedy corrupt politicans in both major parties. "We the People" can change that in the voting booths. As an informed group, we can make a difference.

12 years 11 months ago #53515 by MommaGator
Porter, I've worked with politicans and my impression is that if they don't admit there is a problem then there is no need to work. Sometimes I think voters do the same thing. If they admit there are problems then that means they have to put forth effort to correct the problem. Correcting problems is too much work for some people. It is easier for the voters to just 'go along' opposed to standing up and putting forth effort to correct the problem.

I'm not calling out anyone in this discussion. I am simply sharing my thoughts on things I have personally witnessed.
12 years 11 months ago #53552 by Baydream

Porter Case wrote: Hi Will, He's up for re-election and that does matter to America. You may not have noticed that we are going down the financial tubes, thanks to the greedy corrupt politicans in both major parties. "We the People" can change that in the voting booths. As an informed group, we can make a difference.

:agree: Dead horses are tough to get moving.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 11 months ago #53703 by Porter Case
I agree with what you are saying. People had (past tense) the feeling that they could not make a difference. I think now they are seeing the can.......and as an action group, "We the People" are.

12 years 11 months ago #53704 by Porter Case
Human error is always possible. I was more interested in the Abobe possibilities of "faking" it via layers. Is what the man says in the video factual or is he just creating a new lie? That was more my question.

12 years 11 months ago #54104 by icepics
I don't know enough about Adobe Illustrator to know if the guy in the video is correct or not. I usually go by the source and not knowing who he is or what his expertise is, I would take it with a big grain of salt. I suppose anybody could download something in pdf format and alter it.

He's removing and adding different layers from a scanned image of a document from 1961 that would naturally have various values in light and dark - that's how typewriters used to be (I can remember that!) When you typed using a typewriter ribbon the ink wasn't exactly even, it would vary depending how hard you hit the keys with each finger. I don't know how the computer would interpret that, if it would be different layers of dark and light. Same with a pen, I would think it would vary depending on the type of pen and ink. Especially when it's zoomed in that close.

Sharon
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024