White House releases Obama birth certificate

13 years 4 days ago #49505 by Maverick V
Comments?

"The White House on Wednesday morning released the president's long form birth certificate (pdf) in an attempt to put "birther" questions to rest.

"The President believed the distraction over his birth certificate wasn't good for the country. It may have been good politics and good T.V., but it was bad for the American people and distracting from the many challenges we face as a country," White House Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer said in a statement.

The president had released his certificate of live birth in 2008, but many "birthers" said the absence of a long form birth certificate prompted questions about Obama's birthplace of Hawaii. In recent weeks potential GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump has brought birther questions into the forefront of the media.

"At a time of great consequence for this country--when we should be debating how we win the future, reduce our deficit, deal with high gas prices, and bring stability to the Middle East, Washington, DC, was once again distracted by a fake issue," Pfeiffer said. "The President's hope is that with this step, we can move on to debating the bigger issues that matter to the American people and the future of the country.""

Attachments:
13 years 4 days ago #49578 by effron
After over two years, I am sure this is an authentic document.......:whistle:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: MommaGator
13 years 4 days ago #49583 by Zardoz
I am sorry he had to go though this hoop jump, I am extremely proud of the job he has done in the circumstances the was handed!

13 years 4 days ago #49591 by Screamin Scott
Question is, Why didn't he do this in the first place?...I think he was just doing it to score political points...

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
13 years 4 days ago #49596 by Nod

Zardoz wrote: I am sorry he had to go though this hoop jump, I am extremely proud of the job he has done in the circumstances the was handed!

And just what job has he done ? Could you be more specific? He didn't do anything here in IL. when he was a Senator, he started campaigning for President the day he started that job and now he hasn't spent more than 2 weeks behind his desk since being President because he's out campainging all the time. Do have any idea how much it costs everytime he flys somewhere to make one of his teleprompter readings ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: MommaGator, DestinDave
13 years 4 days ago #49599 by MommaGator
If the birth certificate was valid as the President has stated then where was the problem with revealing the document before now? I don't know if the document is valid or not but I do know that withholding the document for such a long period of time does cause people to question the validity of the document. Therefore, people question the honesty of the President of the United States of America and that is truly a disgrace upon our country.
13 years 4 days ago #49610 by DestinDave
My biggest issue with this whole "birther" drama is simple:
I have had to provide a certified copy of my birth certificate to
a) get married
b) get a driver's license
c) join the military
d) apply for college financial aid
Surely, someone applying for the most important position in our country, if not the World, should have the same scrutiny. The fact that he declined to for so long and actually spent millions of dollars to keep his past so secretive just "smells". I don't doubt Obama is a natural-born US citizen, mainly because the concept of a conspiracy to promote him into the Presidency almost since birth is absurd. Let's get on with the real problems facing us!!!

Dave Speicher
I thought I wanted a career.. turns out I only wanted paychecks.
dlspeicher.zenfolio.com

13 years 4 days ago #49614 by jdubs2010
I Agree! And does it matter at this point? His term is over in 2012 anyway!

Fellow photography enthusiast. =)
13 years 4 days ago #49656 by effron

jdubs2010 wrote: I Agree! And does it matter at this point? His term is over in 2012 anyway!

He will get re-elected. Sad, unbelievable, but unavoidable..........:(

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
13 years 4 days ago #49659 by MommaGator

jdubs2010 wrote: I Agree! And does it matter at this point? His term is over in 2012 anyway!

It does matter. Just as Dave stated, we the people, have to provide our certificates in order to get married, enter college, etc. Don't you think the President of the United States should lead by example? To just say we have other issues to deal with doesn't help. If the President has not been forthcoming on a simple issue as a birth certificate what else has he not being forthcoming with? Interesting that the President has spent so much money to surpress his legal birth certificate.

It is a trust issue. Trust is not a gift, trust is earned.
13 years 4 days ago #49682 by jdubs2010
We could go back and forth arguing our point but the bottom line is, he is our president and whether we agree or disagree on the forum doesn't make a difference.

I am SURE he went through some level of scrutiny before becoming the president. If someone like me who worked for the National Institutes of Health had to go through a thorough background check, I am SURE he would have had to go through a Federal background check as well.

13 years 4 days ago #49683 by jdubs2010
I don't know about that. If Trump does run for President, he would be a strong contender.

13 years 4 days ago #49684 by Nod

jdubs2010 wrote: We could go back and forth arguing our point but the bottom line is, he is our president and whether we agree or disagree on the forum doesn't make a difference.

I am SURE he went through some level of scrutiny before becoming the president. If someone like me who worked for the National Institutes of Health had to go through a thorough background check, I am SURE he would have had to go through a Federal background check as well.

I don't know where you're from, but here in the Chicago area politics does not work that way. Obama was hand picked by the Mayor Daley regime to be put in the State Senate, and then on the Presidential ticket. In order for Obama to get the Senate seat, the Democratic party got a Democratic judge that had been appointed by Daleys people to open up CLOSED court records of Obamas opponent's divorce papers in order to smear him. When the Republican candidate dropped out because of these diclosed documents, the Daley bunch moved the primary date up to the first part of Feb from April so that the Republicans could not find another candidate to run against Obama. He ran basically un-opposed and of course won. Now Mayor Daley is retireing so they brought Rham Immanul in from the White house to be mayor, then shipped Daley's brother to the White house to replace him. Quite a conincedence don't you think. Here in the Chicago area, election results are foregone conclusions. In most races, Republicans don't even run.

13 years 4 days ago #49685 by jdubs2010

jdubs2010 wrote: I don't know about that. If Trump does run for President, he would be a strong contender.

This is in response to Effron's post. I am still a newb on the site and not familiar with quoting someone but I think I got it down.

13 years 4 days ago #49686 by Baydream

jdubs2010 wrote: We could go back and forth arguing our point but the bottom line is, he is our president and whether we agree or disagree on the forum doesn't make a difference.

:agree: What other Presidential candidate has been asked to jump through these hoops? NONE. If it had not been valid, Hillary would have been all over it and she would have been President.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024