Why do camera bags only come in black?

12 years 5 months ago #168698 by CatherineW
Why don't the camera bag makes offer these bags in other colors other than black? I would love to have a rolling camera bag to take with me that was red. So it would match my other luggage!

Seriously you would think the female photographers would be all over this.

***Remember 9/11***
Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #168703 by Baydream

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #168707 by CatherineW
Thanks for posting these. Yellow isn't my color :)

I guess the bags I was talking about would be like the Lowepro pro roller x300 or Think Tanks Airport Security. Talking also about a cloth bag.

***Remember 9/11***
Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #168785 by Stealthy Ninja
NEver heard of crumpler?

www.crumpler.com

They're really good quality and look "cool" too. :banana:
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #168919 by geoffellis

Stealthy Ninja wrote: NEver heard of crumpler?

www.crumpler.com

Nope... I havent heard of them... but THANKS! They are carrying bags that i have yet to come across (and ive looked). Only sad thing is the bag(s) im interested in range from 225-400$ :/ i could put that towards a decent macro lens :P
12 years 5 months ago #169097 by neal1977
I think black is just a more neutral color. I would be interested in different designs myself, as long as the fabric didn't dirty to quickly or was able to be cleaned easily.

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #169100 by neal1977

Stealthy Ninja wrote: NEver heard of crumplier?

www.crumpler.com

Crumpler doesn't have wheeled bags?

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #169571 by Oscar Cohen
I've always thought white would look nice, but just think about how much of a pain it would be to keep clean!

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #169573 by Baydream
I think the market for rolling bags is much more limited than other types. Producing , distributing and selling the higher priced rollers could be an expensive venture. That and the fact that you don't want your bag screaming "Steal me" are probably the primary reasons.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #171096 by MYoung
I would love red bag that was functional for camera gear and yet rugged.

Photo Comments
12 years 5 months ago #171128 by orion
Never known a red camera bag, but billingham do camera bags (or did)....mine was a tan colour.

12 years 5 months ago #171130 by Rob pix4u2
I have a maroon bag and a green bag by Beseler but they are quite old (1980s) & haven't seen these color bags for years. Domke makes Tan bags.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 5 months ago #171336 by Stealthy Ninja

neal1977 wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: NEver heard of crumplier?

www.crumpler.com

Crumpler doesn't have wheeled bags?

They do, and it's a very nice bag:
www.crumpler.com/catalogue/Camera-Bags/C...EN&SKU=CFK001-B00T47

Unfortunately the bag isn't that colourful (if that's what you're after). Does look nice though (IMHO).

@geoff yeh man, they're an Australian brand actually. You should buy one while you're in Aus.
12 years 5 months ago #171344 by yonders
Bags other than total black are available... check out Tamrac's

D Man

'Goan [not Gone] in the desert' (",).

12 years 5 months ago #171429 by Stealthy Ninja

yonders wrote: Bags other than total black are available... check out Tamrac's

Tamrac's are mainly brown though right?! Meh, crumpler's where the colours are at!

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Olympus Pen E-P7 is an affordable micro four thirds mirrorless camera with 4K video capabilities, a 20.3MP sensor, and 121 focus points, making it a solid entry-level camera for beginners.

May 13, 2024

Starting a photography business is one thing; sustaining your business over a long period of time is another. Use the tips in this professional photography guide to build something with longevity!

May 13, 2024

The Panasonic G9 II is a 25.2-megapixel micro four thirds camera with numerous features that make it punch out of its weight class, like 779 AF points, 5.8K video, and weather sealing.

May 10, 2024

Cinematic photography is an interesting genre that combines photographic and videographic skills along with effective storytelling techniques. The result? Highly impactful images!

May 09, 2024

Newborn photography requires skill, the right gear, and a lot of patience. This beginner’s guide discusses critical topics that will help you be more prepared for before, during, and after the shoot.

May 08, 2024

To fill the frame means to expand the footprint of the subject in your shot. Get in close, zoom in, crop the image, or use other techniques to bring the subject to the forefront.

May 06, 2024

With these simple yet effective beginner photography tips, you can avoid some of the common mistakes beginners make and get improved results with your images.

May 06, 2024

Urban photography is a genre showcasing features in urban settings. You can photograph people, architecture, mass transit, and many other subjects. Learn how to do so in this guide!

Apr 30, 2024