Our help section will always give you the answers,
with exceptional support for anything you need
How can we help you?
Just search here to find your answer super-quick.
Hey guys, Alex here! I’m going to walk through this ‘how to’ with you.
First things first: there’s so many different reasons to upload a photo to a forum post. Whether it’s to illustrate a point, inspire others, get critique or simply share an image. Sometimes a photo really does speak a thousand words.
For this tip, i’ll show how I’d share a photo of my son to a forum post.
Adding a photo to a forum thread
To add/insert a photo to a post you are making in the forum, do this:
1. Select the section of the forum where you want to post the image. (This includes those looking to respond to an existing thread topic with an image).
(In this example, I want to post my photo in the people category)
2. Click on the green "New Topic" button
3. Enter the text portion of the thread or response you’re including with the photo
4. Click on the "Select Attachments" button
5. Click on "Add files" and select the photo you want to insert
6. Click on the "Insert" button to insert the photo directly into the forum post or thread
7. Scroll above to your post and position your mouse where you want the photo embedded > THEN, scroll back down and click on the green "In Message" button.
8. Lastly, click on the "Submit" button from the bottom to make the post live
There you go! Now you’ve got an awesome photo post on the forum.
The ‘oops’ moment - Editing the post
Need to edit? Easy.
From the published post:
Scroll to the bottom of the post > Click the arrow on the ‘Reply’ button
Click the "Edit" feature
Make your changes and "Save"
PhotographyTalk’s photo upload tool lets you showcase your photography on your profile and put your best shots at the eyes of millions of photographers in just a few clicks.
To help you get started, here’s a step-by-step guide to uploading your first picture with PhotographyTalk.
Getting to the Upload screen
Once you are logged into PhotographyTalk, there are the (3) main places where you can quickly upload your photos.
Any of these 2 places will take you to the ‘Upload’ screen:
1. If you are on the home page click on "Your Account", then the "Upload Photos" button
2. If you are on any other page on the site the blue ‘Upload’ photo icon quickly redirects you to the upload screen
Uploading Your Pictures
Once you’re at the upload screen, here’s what it will look like:
To get your photos on the site, you can either drag your photo(s) onto the screen or select the blue "Choose Photos" button to manually upload photos from your computer.
Select your photo(s). Before you upload, you’ll see a sidebar asking you for more information about your photo that you’ll want to fill out.
Your Photo’s Info: Telling the world about your shot
A key to success on PhotographyTalk is having plenty of information about your photo(s) available.
Complete each section so that others can find, love and share your photos easily.
1. Give your photo a title - what’s the picture of? Every great photographer knows how a photo title shapes a picture, so make yours one that stands out.
2. Upload additional photos - if you have other photos that go along with this one, add them to your set!
3. Select the category that this photo belongs to - is it landscape, macro, infant? Our ‘category’ tags sorts your photo into the right place
4. Select the keywords that best describe your photo - tags help users find it easily (tip: use popular tags to get more eyes on your photo)
5. Adult content? If the photo is appropriate for adults only, click ‘yes’, to filter the audience to 18+
6. Select an existing album or set up a new album for this image - all your photos will be added to your albums on PhotographyTalk
7. Write a description for each photo - be creative! Tell us about your shot.
8. Add a location - geotag the location of where the photo was taken (tip: always do this if it’s a landscape shot to share the location)
Finally, click ‘Upload’ to make your photos public.
There you go... photos uploaded! We can’t wait to take a look at it.
Is there something we didn’t cover on this page? Let us know.
Lots of great conversations happen in the forum, and the easiest way to reply to a specific comment or note a thought is to use the ‘quote’ function on any thread. Here’s how to do it:
Quoting a comment in a thread
1. Find the comment you want to quote.
2. Under the comment, you’ll see the reply button. Whenever you click the small arrow right next to it, a menu will pop up of actions you can take.
3. Select ‘quote’ from the menu
4. The comment will then appear bracketed in quotation marks [see picture for reference]
5. From here, you can type your message below the quoted section
6. Click the green ‘submit’ button when you’re done to post it
You’re done! Keep those conversations flowing. If you ever run into any issues, just message us here.
Posting Your Comment
Made a Mistake?
Need to edit a comment? Head here to find out how.
Any information you make about your photos can be edited easily. Here’s how to go back and make those changes or add more information.
Edit a photo’s info:
From your logged in PT account:
Click on the photo you want to edit
Scroll down below the image
Any section with the dotted lines can be edited > to make edits, place your mouse on the desired section
Delete or add more information to the section
Note: your edited information may take a few moments to show up on the site.