- 2013 Photographer's Market: The Most Trusted Guide to Selling Your Photography
- How to Create Stunning D igital Photography
- Best Business Practices for Photographers
- The Fast Track Photographer Business Plan: Build a Successful Photography Venture from the Ground Up
- Group Portrait Photography Handbook
- 500 Poses for Photographing Women
- The Best of Family Portrait Photography: Professional Techniques and Images
- 500 Poses for Photographing Group Portraits
- Selling Your Photography: Ho w to Make Money in New and Traditional Markets
- Starting Your Career as a Freelance Photograp her
- Photographer's Survival Manual: A Legal Guide for Artists in the Digital Age
- Legal Handbook for Photographers: The Rights and Liab ilities of Making Images
- Taking Stock: Make money in microstock creating photos that sell
- Going Pro: How to Make the Leap from Aspiring to Professional Photographer
A fun project to do each year is a 365 photo-a -day series. The idea is simple, capture one photo each day for a year. It's a great way to hone your skills as a photographer. You'll be able to look back at your progression throughout the year and see how you've improved and tweak your style to get even better images with each day that passes.
Coming up with fresh ideas each day for subject matter can be a bit tricky. Below are some tips to help keep your creative juices flowing!
Set a Theme
Sometimes having a theme to work with helps to cultivate a creative crop of images. Themes like nature, cityscapes, the open road, food, macro photography, travel, etc... work really well and help keep you on track when you're strapped for what to shoot on any given day.
Pick a Color
Use color to guide you. Choose a color at the beginning of your project and try and capture an element of that color in each photo you shoot over the course of the year. You'll be surprised at the new ways you look at everyday objects!
Use a Consistent Prop or Subject
Pick an object or particular subject you can use as a constant in all your photos. Whether it's a prop you place in each photo you take (think quirky things like garden gnomes or tiny figurines for fun macro shots) or an object found in everyday life like a door, window or wheel, and incorporate them in each photo you take for a consistent theme.
Putting it All Together
The best thing about a 365 photo-a-day project is the fun you can have with your images once you're done. Try making a slideshow video or photo book to showcase your work. A dynamic video slideshow is a fun and unique way to show off all your shots from throughout the year.. ProShow slideshow tools make it easy and give you a ton of flexibility and options over your final project. The videos below were made using ProShow.
Remember to Let Loose and Have Fun!
A 365 photo-a-day project is meant to be fun, so let loose and capture whatever you're drawn to. Even if you don't have a theme and each shot is random, you're final series will be a unique representation of you! Be sure to have a camera ready at all times, you never know when you'll be inspired!