- the Nikon AFS-C NIKKOR 24–70mm f/2.8G ED zoom lens, are often made for a limited number of camera bodies. The NIKKOR 24–70mm f/2.8 comes as close as possible to perfect versatility, however, as it is compatible with DX- and FX-format cameras, and even film cameras. Pros can be particular about the format and body they prefer and still benefit from the excellent quality of this lens.
2. The Nikon 24–70mm is the kind of lens that could be in a pro’s hands for long hours and days. That is why Nikon designed it to be slimmer than many f/2.8 lenses, including its predecessor, the AF-S Zoom-Nikkor 28–70mm f/2.8; in fact, 0.2" (6mm) narrower. The 24–70’s complete dimensions are approximately 3.3 x 5.2 inches (83 x 133mm). It weighs just 31.7 oz. (900g). You can shoot with this compact powerhouse all day, but also know it is built for the physical challenge, with its all-metal construction.
3. The photographers that will produce nearly perfect results with the NIKKOR 24–70mm f/2.8 are shooting landscapes and portraits. The excellent resolution across the image will give landscapes incredible depth and make it easy to create HDR images with even more details and dimensionality. Portrait photographers shooting in the 50–70mm range are using the sharpest focal lengths where virtually no distortion occurs.
4. The optical experts at Nikon are certainly perfectionists; even if that is a goal they will never actually reach. They certainly aimed and hit the target with the optics of the Nikon 24–70mm. Fifteen glass elements have been engineered into 11 groups, which include 3 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) elements and 3 PGM aspherical lenses. This special configuration of glass doesn’t just make photos sharper and improves their contrast, but does it at the widest aperture settings. Nikon also applies its exclusive Nano Crystal Coating to control ghosting and lens flare.
5. Many professional photographers want a quiet environment when they are shooting, especially no noise from the camera and lens. The Nikon 24–70mm is seen and not heard: the perfect child! Nikon made sure a lens of this quality included its Silent Wave Motor (SWM) that operates the auto-focus system very fast, very precise and very quiet.
6. Bokeh is a professional technique, or effect, that the NIKKOR 24–70mm f/2.8 creates perfectly with its 9-bladed aperture. A uniform and pleasing background blur in outdoor portraits is one of the signs of a professional at work.
7. It may be difficult to declare the Nikon 24–70mm f/2.8G as the perfect zoom lens for serious enthusiasts and pros, but it’s undoubtedly the world’s sharpest mid-range zoom lens.
For more information, visit http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VDCT3C/?tag=photocominc-20
Your feedback is important to thousands of PhotographyTalk.com fans and us. If this article is helpful, then please click the Like and Re-Tweet buttons at the top left of this article.