- What is Photography Home Decor?
- Home Office Decor
- Photography Home Decor for the Kitchen
- Large Prints as Photography Home Decor
- Blankets and Pillows
- Going Beyond Photography Home Decor
- Recommended Photography Gear
- A mousepad with our own image on it is something that could get daily use. There is a large pad that can accommodate a keyboard with the mouse.
- Photo puzzles are a fun item that catches people’s eye. These have coated pieces for durability and come in multiple sizes.
- Solid, clear acrylic blocks sit on a desk or on a shelf. They are 1” thick, so they stand up by themselves.
- A glass cutting board made from our photo file can be used for decoration and simultaneously provides functional use.
- Photo magnets come in various shapes and sizes and can be mounted on the trusty fridge door or anywhere metal. They make great gifts, by the way.
- Sandstone coasters are another thing that are simultaneously decorative and functional, making practical gifts for all sorts of occasions.
- Canvas prints add a special quality to our images, and their various display options let us customize whatever space we’re decorating.
- Glass photo prints can be hung on a wall or displayed with a small stand on an end table, shelf, or any flat surface.
- Triptych prints add a lot of interest wherever they are displayed. One image is printed on three different panels that hang side by side.
- Woven blanket prints are produced in various sizes and have dual use for warmth and decorations.
- Pillow prints can be used in bedrooms, study areas, the den, or a living room. Multiple sizes and shapes are available.
- A fleece blanket is about as warm and comfortable as you can get, with many size and layout options.
- This Three Piece Canvas Print is a Beautiful Photo Display
- Four Helpful Tips for Starting a Photography Business
- Canvas Print Holiday Ideas
When photographers invite people over, the subject of their photography usually comes up one way or another. We enjoy our art and are proud of our work, so it makes perfect sense to include photography home decor in our own homes.
Whether you like to dabble in photography or are an experienced photo enthusiast, these ideas and tips will be useful in your personal photography home decor.
Table of Contents:
What is Photography Home Decor?
Home decor generally includes a lot more than hanging art like a painting or photo on the wall. It covers most things that aren’t furniture and appliances, such as pillows on a sofa, bed blankets, shower curtains, desk calendars, and the like.
Many people enjoy decorating in themes, perhaps a different theme for each area or an overall theme for the entire house or office. Photography home decor is using our own photography to make some of the decor items. We’re saying home decor, but these ideas can also be used in our office spaces.
For some basics about home decor, look at the video below from Lerona Rosales:
For example, a Fall season outdoor image might be a particular favorite. It always draws out a good reaction from others, so we take that image file and have it printed onto a material that is used to fashion various size throw pillows or blankets to drape over a chair or lay out on a bed. That’s photography home decor.
For much of my own printing and decorating ideas, I’ve been using CanvasPrints.com. They have been reviewed here positively many times for their fine canvas prints, and they also have a full lineup of exciting items that can become a part of our photography home decor.
Home Office Decor
Let’s start in the office. This can be our own home office or a commercial office. The size of the office doesn’t matter, except for calculating how big a print to make for the wall space. Most offices have a desk as one of the main pieces of furniture. What can we use there?
Photography Home Decor for the Kitchen
Next, we move into the kitchen and dining area. Obviously, we can use wall art and pieces such as the stand-alone acrylic photo blocks in our kitchen, breakfast nook, dining room, or bar. Some other interesting choices are available as well.
Large Prints as Photography Home Decor
With all of these interesting photography home decor ideas, we don’t want to forget that wall art made from our own images is fantastic as photography home decor and in our offices and studios.
Blankets and Pillows
Now we can check out the many styles of pillows and blankets we could use as photography home decor. It’s an excellent method to personalize any furnished and decorated space.
Going Beyond Photography Home Decor
All of these photography home decor ideas can be given as gifts, moving the idea of photography decor to other people’s spaces. Other items such as photo coffee mugs, the already mentioned photo puzzles and mouse pads, and even holiday ornaments can be given as personalized gifts.
You can even print photo clothing items! As another idea, anyone running a photography business can use these ideas as personalized products to offer clients of their portraits, wedding pics, or simply as art images. Photography home decor is a fabulous way to add our own photography to our living spaces and offices.