Just had to share my results from the Professional Photographers of America print competition.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #90837 by Nikonjan
I am soooo excited I just had to share my news with my friends here. The results from the international print competition was announced this morning and I received all 4 merits on my photos which means I will receive a photographer of the year award at the New Orleans convention. Two of the photos will be printed in the Showcase book. Did I mention, I am soooo excited about this. Here are the photos I merited on. The 2 that will be in the book is the Third Dimension and the Nuts and Bolts.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
Attachments:
12 years 10 months ago #90839 by kyclover237
Way to go!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :judge: :judge:

vintagecloverphoto.com
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #90843 by McBeth Photography
WOW!!! Congratulations Jan! Way to go!!! :cheer:

It is what it is.
12 years 10 months ago #90853 by robbie

McBeth Photography wrote: WOW!!! Congratulations Jan! Way to go!!! :cheer:

Only one WOW!!!
Deserves much more~~~Congrats Jan,Very beautiful images.

12 years 10 months ago #90855 by robbie
The second image is SUPERB,love it.It has an Ir feel.
Congrats once again.
Barry just joking!

The following user(s) said Thank You: McBeth Photography
12 years 10 months ago #90863 by mj~shutterbugg
So very awesome Jan! You deserve that and what an honor!

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 10 months ago #90867 by Rob pix4u2
Way to go Jan- congrats on super shots. I love # 2 but # 1 is very interesting:patriot: :judge: :goodpost:

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 10 months ago #90887 by Scotty
Congrats, I like number 2.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #90895 by chasrich
:woohoo: I wanna be just like you someday. :judge:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #90903 by crystal
Congrats!!! :thumbsup: :judge:
12 years 10 months ago #90937 by Cre8tivefix
That is totally awesome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing!

12 years 10 months ago #90993 by Kenya See
Big...big...BIG congrats to you! These are amazing photos!

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago #91009 by cod
What an achievement! Congratulations. I particularly like the 2nd shot, as well.

Chris O'Donoghue
Winnipeg, Canada
codonoghue.prosite.com

12 years 10 months ago #91033 by Alex
Way to go Jan!! These are amazing photos, keep up the great work!

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #91039 by Baydream
Fantastic. Congratulations.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024