Sad day for me

9 years 9 months ago #386050 by Tom-Lutz
you said that you said that you said that. 

The topic has been locked.
9 years 9 months ago #386051 by Scotty

Tom-Lutz wrote: you said that you said that you said that. 

I think we broke tom.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #386053 by Tom-Lutz
or just scratched  good night.

9 years 9 months ago #386055 by Stealthy Ninja
Well I think we all learnt something today...
9 years 9 months ago #386072 by Leilanee

Stealthy Ninja wrote: Well I think we all learnt something today...

We did?

9 years 9 months ago #386101 by Tanner Bello
Well at the end of the day, do what YOU feel is right for your photography.   ;)

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #386108 by garyrhook

Tom-Lutz wrote:  NOT that I care, but whose Ansel Adams ?? Never heard of him or most photographers for that matter.

Based on your photographs I am guessing you are from somewhere in the UK.

But still, really?

and I don't see how vote gathering has anything to do with PS Vote gathering is how you win, PS is a short cut.  Some might call it enhancement but all I see is a way that no one else can do something. I've tried PS on some of my photos and I think in most cases it makes the photo look worse.
 ONE black and white photo I did is about the only acception simply because it getting more views fastere than any other of the photos I PS.

With all due respect, and not intending to be insulting, but this belies a great deal of ignorance.  PS is hardly a short cut, and most of the time PS requires more time and skill than taking the shot in the first place. If your efforts are unsuccessful then the logical conclusion is that the initial image did not require any work, it could not be improved by editing, or you do not yet possess the skills to effectively use PS.

Image editing is a tool, and always has been. If you do not care for the results, that's perfectly valid. But instead of decrying others' use of certain tools, perhaps you could focus on the end result. You don't like their images, that's okay. Nothing wrong with that.

I note that you continue to avoid responding to any of my posts or questions, so I'll move to the "trolling" camp.

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #386111 by boriqua latina

Tom-Lutz wrote:  I finally broke down and did it. I used this site's controls and photo shopped several of my photos to see what would happen.  I hate photo shopping. To me its nothing but cheating but it seems to be the only way to win anything on this site. I just had a great photo take off like a rocket after I posted it and not I'm wondering what if I destroyed it with P.S. ?? 

Tom if you hate photoshop why go ahead and do it ... Practice what you preach !

9 years 9 months ago #386175 by Tom-Lutz
 Because I'd like to get more recognition from this site and the contests it has.  IF I have to learn to photo shop then so be it.IF you can't beat them join them.

9 years 9 months ago #386176 by Tom-Lutz
I thought I did answer your questions. I've so busy answering everyone else some how your questions got lost in the shuffle, sorry for that. I've considered deleting the whole post and just for getting I ever brought it up. I never thought there'd be this much response to the subject. 

9 years 9 months ago #386177 by Tom-Lutz
where I'm from ? Columbus, OHIO. I've never been out side the U.S. yet. Its on my bucket list.

9 years 9 months ago #386197 by garyrhook

Tom-Lutz wrote: I thought I did answer your questions. I've so busy answering everyone else some how your questions got lost in the shuffle, sorry for that. I've considered deleting the whole post and just for getting I ever brought it up. I never thought there'd be this much response to the subject. 

Well, perhaps we can call it a baptism by fire. You just happened to land on a polarizing subject.

And it turns out you can't delete a thread here. Ever. It is now here for posterity.

So PT is where the forum for VB resides. If you want to discuss the merits of PS, or an image, you come here. If you want accolades and "likes" and what-not, you go there. It's 2 separate sites with an agreement between them.

If you want to discuss a particular image, either add it to the forum, here, or provide a link to it.  Best to upload it here. There's a post above that discusses which of those little widgets (in the editor) will help you. Unless your browser is being a pain.  Also, you would want to go to the proper subject area in the photo galleries section.

Photo Comments
9 years 9 months ago #386212 by Tom-Lutz
 MY Avitar is one of my photos, I simply used because over at  VB its one my most popular and viewed pics I have. I did a slight revamp of it giving a little more color , simply brightening it up a lit. So far its gone no where in likes. A few of the revamps I did have started to really take off so I deleted the origional because the revamp surpassed it. I wish I could send those photos over here but once the water mark is on its stuck over there till deleted.

9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #386226 by Stealthy Ninja

garyrhook wrote:

Tom-Lutz wrote: I thought I did answer your questions. I've so busy answering everyone else some how your questions got lost in the shuffle, sorry for that. I've considered deleting the whole post and just for getting I ever brought it up. I never thought there'd be this much response to the subject. 

Well, perhaps we can call it a baptism by fire. You just happened to land on a polarizing subject.

And it turns out you can't delete a thread here. Ever. It is now here for posterity.

So PT is where the forum for VB resides. If you want to discuss the merits of PS, or an image, you come here. If you want accolades and "likes" and what-not, you go there. It's 2 separate sites with an agreement between them.

If you want to discuss a particular image, either add it to the forum, here, or provide a link to it.  Best to upload it here. There's a post above that discusses which of those little widgets (in the editor) will help you. Unless your browser is being a pain.  Also, you would want to go to the proper subject area in the photo galleries section.

LOL I've been at PT since it began pretty much and I had no idea that view bug's forum is Photography Talk.

According to Viewbug: 

We’ve been listening to your feedback, well prepare to be engaged! We have partnered up to run photography forums hosted by our pals at PhotographyTalk!
PhotographyTalk host a wide variety of engaging and exciting forums for photographers. PhotographyTalk Forums, give photographers a true peer-to-peer interactive environment. These forums provide photographers of all experience levels with the tools and resources to become more successful photographers
Click on the button below to be redirected!

So yeah, pretty much a different deal all together.  That's why when you said "this site" we didn't know that you were talking about VB.
9 years 9 months ago #386238 by Tom-Lutz
so its YOUR FAULT NOT MINE!!  NANANANAA :p :p :p 

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024