- Why Buy Used Camera Lenses
- MPB Used Lenses Ratings
- Warranty on MPB Used Lenses
- MPB Used Lenses Full Frame DSLR
- MPB Used Lenses Crop APS-C DSLR
- MPB Used Lenses Full Frame Mirrorless
- MPB Used Lenses APS-C Mirrorless
- MPB Used Lenses MFT Mirrorless
- Other MPB Used Lenses
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM - An all-around lens with a fast maximum aperture for a zoom lens. Professional quality.
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS II USM - A great backup to a fast zoom or a replacement to the kit lens. Pro quality.
- Canon EF 85mm f/1.2 L USM - One of the best portrait lenses around, sharp with amazing Bokeh. Pro quality.
- Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G IF-ED - Part of the “holy trinity” of fast Nikon zoom lenses for all-around use. Pro Quality.
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR - Amazingly lightweight for a super telephoto, fairly compact, too. Pro quality.
- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX II - Nikon Fit - A great lens for real estate photography. Pro quality.
- Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR - A consumer-targeted lens adding extra telephoto reach to APS-C shooters.
- Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS - A consumer-style lens that gives extra reach over the normal kit lenses.
- Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM - Super sharp, super fast wide angle. Pro quality.
- Leica 35mm f/1.4 Summilux-TL ASPH - Hard to beat the sharpness, contrast, and appeal of a Leica lens. Pro quality.
- Canon RF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM - One of the best normal range lenses around, and compact, too. Pro quality.
- Nikon Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.8 S - Among the finest lenses of the “Nifty Fifty” type around. Pro quality.
- Fujifilm XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR - As wide as you can get without fisheye, and fast aperture, too. Pro Quality.
- Fujifilm XF 35mm f/1.4 R - Fast normal lens for crop format. Pro quality.
- Sony E PZ 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS - Consumer style lens to pair with a compact body, it even has power zooming.
- Leica 50mm f/2 Summicron-M - Classic Leica rangefinder lens.
- Hasselblad HC 35mm f/3.5 - Fits Hasselblad modular H series DSLRs.
- Fujifilm GF 32-64mm f/4 R LM WR - For the mirrorless medium format Fujifilm cameras.
- ZEISS LWZ.2 15.5-45mm T2.6 - PL Fit - Serious cinematographers and videographers demand the best, here it is!
- What Is a Red Cinema Camera?
- Are Used Leica Cameras Worth It?
- 4 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Used Lens
Photo by Alexander Shelegov via iStock
Buying used photography gear, especially used camera lenses, can cause a little bit of concern if you’ve never done it before.
The two biggest ways to combat this are knowing what to look for and to buy from a trusted platform. MPB is my go-to source for pre-owned lenses (and cameras, too). Their pre-owned lens pages are full of options for many different camera systems. What’s more, browsing their selection can help determine what you want, and with detailed descriptions of each lens, you’ll know exactly what to expect in the mail, too.
Let’s take a deep dive into MPB used lenses for DSLR and mirrorless bodies.
Table of Contents:
Why Buy Used Camera Lenses
Photo by structurexx via iStock
Buying used camera lenses makes sense for several reasons. We can maximize our purchasing power because used gear is often sold for less than brand-new lenses (except for collectibles, but that’s a totally different type of photo gear purchase).
Sometimes, we might know the lens we want, but it might be discontinued. Camera and lens makers change their inventory of current gear pretty rapidly, and a slight change to a lens can make it an all-new product. We benefit because that previous lens can be found used as a very recent item, sometimes hardly used at all.
Buying used lenses (cameras, too) also allows us to have high-quality but less pricey backup lenses of gear we currently own and use. Having a backup, even if not an exact match, is a great idea for any serious users and all levels of professional users.
MPB Used Lenses Ratings
As for the question of who to trust when shopping for used camera lenses, I’m answering with my go-to site for gear that’s new to me, the pre-owned photography gear online platform MPB. MPB used lenses are some of the most inspected used equipment we can find.
Before you ever see a listing for MPB used lenses, the lenses have gone through several inspections. MPB inspects lenses before they even make an offer for buying them or allowing them as a trade.
The condition ratings for MPB used lenses are extremely accurate. It’s more than the “Like New” or “Good” labels for whatever small blemishes or functional issues there are in individual lenses or cameras. Those details are listed in the description of that particular lens.
You might find the YouTube video above from MPB’s YouTube channel interesting. It discusses MPB condition ratings in detail.
Warranty on MPB Used Lenses
Another huge plus for choosing MPB used lenses is that they come with a 7-day return/exchange window and a limited 6-month warranty. This applies to most items MPB sells. If a warranty or exchange doesn’t apply due to an “As-Is” condition, MPB will say that in the product description.
When buying MPB used lenses, you get a huge break from that one lingering worry about used camera lenses: is the lens I’m buying the condition the seller says it’s in? Well, MPB is very well respected by thousands of users and by the photographic industry in general for the accuracy of their descriptions.
MPB was set up and is run by photography enthusiasts, many of whom are pros themselves, so they have an interest in keeping you happy. Let’s see some examples of what you can find right now as MPB used lenses. (If any items are out of stock, you will be taken to a placeholder for that item.)
MPB Used Lenses Full Frame DSLR
Keep in mind that at any given time, MPB used lenses can include specialty lenses such as a Tilt/Shift lens, fisheye, or ultra fast lens, and also from all of the camera brands, including Nikon, Sony, Canon, and others.
MPB Used Lenses Crop APS-C DSLR
MPB Used Lenses Full Frame Mirrorless
MPB Used Lenses APS-C Mirrorless
MPB Used Lenses MFT Mirrorless
Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm f/2.8 Power O.I.S. - Medium telephoto, pretty fast, super sharp. Power zoom, too. Pro quality.
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO - Medium telephoto, pretty fast, super sharp. Pro quality.
Other MPB Used Lenses
Here are some other MPB used lenses you can find for your specialty cameras or special uses:
What are looking for in MPB used lenses? Chances are, you’ll find it. And the price, quality, and peace of mind will please you!