Small things that annoy you thread

12 years 10 months ago #88291 by photobod
Yay Alex rang me today to say he was shipping my prize to me yippeeeeeeeee.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :judge: :judge: :judge: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Code Blue aborted, I say Code Blue aborted

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #88299 by PT Admin

photobod wrote: Yay Alex rang me today to say he was shipping my prize to me yippeeeeeeeee.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :judge: :judge: :judge: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

New to the forum? Please read the forum rules at www.photographytalk.com/terms-of-use
12 years 10 months ago #88347 by chasrich

photobod wrote: Yay Alex rang me today to say he was shipping my prize to me yippeeeeeeeee.

That would certainly annoy me.... :rofl: :thumbsup:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #89619 by PT Admin
Treating a friend to an expensive all-you-can-eat buffet only for her to eat just salad and it was HER choice!

New to the forum? Please read the forum rules at www.photographytalk.com/terms-of-use
12 years 10 months ago #89639 by crystal
Drivers going under the speed limit or the speed limit in the fast lane (but only if I have no room to pass). If I have room to pass, they don't bother me, as I will just pass them.

Drivers who have no problem speeding much faster then what I am speeding, but will not pass in the right lane. (IMO, if one is going to speed, then they can pass in the right lane too.)

People who text and talk on the phone while driving.

People who beep, flash head lights, and wave hands so you move out of the way, insteading of passing you.

People who think they are know it alls just because they have a college degree.

Teenagers who think they need to get preg because they need someone to love and having a baby will make their life better.

Teenagers who get married because they are preg.

Couples who get married for the pure benefits because one of them is deploying.

Couples who get married when the one comes home on R&R from deployment.

When a girl traps a military man into marrying her (in less then 6months of knowing each other), but she doesn't move in with him until a couple months after they are married. And she doesn't tell daddy, but everyone else knows they are married. Then a year after they are married, they tell daddy they want to get married and is going to make daddy pay for this fake wedding.

When girl's hubby is in the national guard and tells everyone she is an Army wife. I find that very misleading and wrong on all accounts. Army and National Guard are two different branches and two different lives...for both solider and family.

People who park in the handicap parking spaces.

People who stare at overweight people and make fun of them.

When females can not leave their no good cheating, dead beat father, lair, can't buy the bills, lazy, abusive of a moron.

When the female chooses no good moron over her own family.

When the female refuses to talk to her sister, because the sister tells the truth. As we know...Truth Hurts.
12 years 10 months ago #89643 by crystal

Kenya See wrote: People who cus a lot

That would be me. Well I don't do it alot, but often enough that sometimes I don't remember I said a curse word in the conversation.

For instance several years ago, I had to take my sister and her 2 sons to the eye dr. On the way home, I said, this fucking traffic. After we pulled out of the parking lot, my nephew said, I said the F word. I said, no I didn't. My sister was like..yes you did. I just didn't remember. :rofl:

But don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people where every 2 words is a curse word.
12 years 10 months ago #89645 by chasrich
Wow... I had one but after reading your list Crystal I'm just glad for the small irritations I do have. I hope it made you feel better too. On the rant scale you hit an 8.5 - not bad kiddo. :goodpost:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #89647 by crystal

chasrich wrote: Wow... I had one but after reading your list Crystal I'm just glad for the small irritations I do have. I hope it made you feel better too. On the rant scale you hit an 8.5 - not bad kiddo. :goodpost:

Oh I'm sure I am not done. Just can't think of any off the top of my head. lol.
I used to have a pet peeve page on my personal site that I made years ago. Had a long list, that list has grown. lol

Saying the things that annoy me won't make me feel better, especially the last 3. I won't feel better until that changes....and unfortually it won't. :(
12 years 10 months ago #89649 by chasrich

crystal wrote:

That would be me. Well I don't do it alot, but often enough that sometimes I don't remember I said a curse word in the conversation.

For instance several years ago, I had to take my sister and her 2 sons to the eye dr. On the way home, I said, this fucking traffic. After we pulled out of the parking lot, my nephew said, I said the F word. I said, no I didn't. My sister was like..yes you did. I just didn't remember. :rofl:

But don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people where every 2 words is a curse word.

Coming home for a few weeks back in 68 or so... straight from Danang I asked my Mom to pass the damn salt. ~ Shocked ~ I immediaetly followed with F:angry: :angry: k, I didn't mean to say that! My Mom forgave me long before I did. :woohoo:

12 years 10 months ago #89655 by crystal

chasrich wrote:

crystal wrote:

Coming home for a few weeks back in 68 or so... straight from Danang I asked my Mom to pass the damn salt. ~ Shocked ~ I immediaetly followed with F:angry: :angry: k, I didn't mean to say that! My Mom forgave me long before I did. :woohoo:

lol I think maybe one of the reasons I curse too much now, is because as a kid/teen I could not get away with cursing at all. Even saying the word Damn was not a good thing.
12 years 10 months ago #90051 by Stealthy Ninja

Jackie PT wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: The Cheque Jackie sent me not getting here yet. :whistle:

That IS annoying.

it came. :D
12 years 10 months ago #90413 by Baydream

crystal wrote:

chasrich wrote:

crystal wrote:

lol I think maybe one of the reasons I curse too much now, is because as a kid/teen I could not get away with cursing at all. Even saying the word Damn was not a good thing.

I occasionally get kidded because I don't cuss much. I slipped and hit my thumb with hammer so said "ooh, that hurt" and some folks laughed. Oh well, can't please everyone.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #90885 by PT Admin

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Jackie PT wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: The Cheque Jackie sent me not getting here yet. :whistle:

That IS annoying.

it came. :D

YAY!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

12 years 10 months ago #90931 by Rob pix4u2
people who KNOW I'm behind them with a camera trying to get a picture but aren't polite enough to move out of the way so I can get the shot of the game winning goal...

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 10 months ago #90999 by Kenya See
People who are late

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024