1. If you’re tired of carrying your digital camera on your shoulder or around your neck and becoming entangled in the strap, then it’s time you strapped on a Black Widow Spider Holster. Your photography experience will be more enjoyable and rewarding, and you’ll have more control of your body when hiking or climbing on rough terrain because your hands will be free. Wedding, portrait, fashion and many other digital photographers will also quickly realize that carrying their camera in a Black Widow Spider Holster makes for smoother and faster photo shoots.
Considered one of the world’s finest destination wedding photographers, Jacklyn Greenberg, who is also a Spider Holster Ambassador, has said about her use of a Spider Holster, "As a female, putting camera straps across my chest is not a preference, and I never wanted to wear anything on my hip, it draws unwanted attention; but with Spider you can use the Holster on your own belt which helps reduce the profile of the camera. With my Spider Holster, my camera is safe and secure on my hip. I don't have to put a camera strap over my head, while trying to look composed when working a wedding."
2. The holster, loaded with a camera, can be placed over or under a coat, poncho or other outer coverings.
3. The Black Widow Spider Holster is made specifically for lightweight DSLRs and compacts and detachable lenses. The Kit includes the Black Widow Holster, Black Widow Belt, Black Widow Pad and Black Widow Pin.
4. Using the kit begins with attaching the solid metal pin to your camera’s tripod mount. The pin is made from a single piece of stainless steel, giving it a long life, superior strength and resistance to the elements, heavy use and rust.
5. Spider built the Black Widow Belt to be just as rugged as the attaching pin, but also very comfortable, so it can be worn during an all-day shoot, even with a second holster and camera. The fully adjustable belt can be worn from 23 to 48 inches.
If you’re camera weighs 2 lbs. (1kg) or less, then you have the option of using one of your belts, and just purchasing the Black Widow holster, pad and pin. For cameras weighing between 2 and 4 lbs (1–2kg), the Black Widow belt is highly recommended.
6. The Black Widow Holster is the heart of the kit. It slides onto the belt, and then the tough, thick knob of the pin securely hooks into the appropriate slot on the holster plate.
7. To add to the comfort of carrying your camera in the Black Widow Holster, the kit also includes the Black Widow Belt Pad, so your camera is not pressing directly against your body. Plus, it has an elastic/Velcro loop that wraps around the lens to keep your gear even more secure if you’re walking much longer distances between shots.
8. Quite possibly, the greatest benefit of wearing a Black Widow Spider Kit is the price…only $65.99 directly from the company’s Web site, spiderholster.com. To buy all the kit parts separately would cost $89.96.
9. If the gear you plan to carry with the Black Widow Spider Holster kit is more than 3 pounds, then you’ll find the optional Thin Tripod Plate to be very useful. Made from stainless steel, the Plate is strong, but lightweight, and has the versatility to be used with your tripod’s quick-release plate.
People who read this PhotographyTalk.com article also liked:
Your feedback is important to thousands of PhotographyTalk.com fans and us. If this article is helpful, then please click the Like and Re-Tweet buttons at the top left of this article.
Photograph © spiderholster.com