LOOK HERE BEFORE STARTING A THREAD

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #124574 by Stealthy Ninja
In this thread I will (over time) list all the most common topics that keep cropping up on Photography Talk. Try looking at these topics to see if your question has already been asked.

RAW (vs Jpeg):
Link to good RAW vs Jpeg site
All in one RAW vs Jpeg thread (Now 4 threads combined)
Is shooting RAW really needed?
Why do you not shoot in RAW format?
Afraid to shoot in RAW
Camera settings in RAW

Filter related threads:
I see no difference with UV filter on lens vs off
UV filter?? Brand or what??
Question about UV, Haze and Clear filters.
Photography Tip: Silky smooth water using a Neutral Density Filter
What's your favorite basic filter?
OK to clean filter with rubbing alcohol?
Poll results: Who uses a UV filter all the time?
UV Filter on vs Not on (comparison video)
Has a UV filter ever saved your rear end?
Circular Polarizer Filters
Removing a Seized Lens Filter
Universal polarized filters?
Filters which one?
Can I use a UV filter as a polarizer?
UV filters? Necessary with digital?
What's the point of a UV filter?
Using a flash with UV filter.

Posting pictures (attachments)
When you want to attach a picture, remember to click "insert" so it will show up without clicking.
Attached pictures should be below 2MB in size.

I'll add any other type of thread I think of or if people suggest something below I'll add it too.

Work in progress :)

If I'm not around and a Admin/Agent wants to add something to this, go right ahead. :banana:

TOPICS THE COME UP FROM TIME TO TIME:
What's everyone do? or What's your job? Threads: CLICK ME
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBeth Photography, Cre8tivefix, PT Admin, jen_1122, storm2011, christypbp, Jeannie_Cee, rocktroll, loual516, garyhowie and 4 other people also said thanks.
12 years 8 months ago #124578 by Scotty
Love it.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 8 months ago #124579 by KCook
I do get to feeling like a mad parrot after a while
:cheers:

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cre8tivefix
12 years 8 months ago #124612 by McBeth Photography
You want to be organized? What's this world coming to? lol. :agree:

It is what it is.
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #124614 by Stealthy Ninja
If you guys can think of another thread(s) I could put here, let me know.

Doesn't need to be RAW vs Jpeg. Anything that crops up occasionally or any useful thread to direct noobs to.
12 years 8 months ago #124619 by McBeth Photography
How about "Should I Shoot JPEG or RAW?"

Has that one been taken? lol. Just joking everybody ....If you've been here for a while you understand why searching the forums is encouraged. :)

It is what it is.
12 years 8 months ago #124657 by KCook

Stealthy Ninja wrote: If you guys can think of another thread(s) I could put here, let me know.

Doesn't need to be RAW vs Jpeg. Anything that crops up occasionally or any useful thread to direct noobs to.

Err, Canon vs Nikon?

(now retreating back into my bunker)

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 8 months ago #124659 by Maria21
the post-processing vs photoshopping seems to pop up quite a bit, as does choosing macro lens and stuff about the memory cards. not sure how well they are worth mentioning here..I just noticed them cropping up from time to time to only have repeat info given

Zerfing's Photographic Imaging
12 years 8 months ago #124686 by chasrich
Good idea... I have on occasion done the search for someone rather than type in what I know/remember about a topic. Providing the information already posted can give someone a lot more information than they might get from a subject that has already been gone over and over and over... yadda yadda. Still the newbie will arrive and not realize the wealth of info available through our own little search engine. This sounds like it will be an easy to use reference to get those new members started. WTG Stealthy...
:judge: :goodpost:

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day - teach a man to fish and you you get him drinking beer and living off his boat...

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 8 months ago #124764 by Dori

KCook wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote: If you guys can think of another thread(s) I could put here, let me know.

Err, Canon vs Nikon?

(now retreating back into my bunker)

Very wise...:slapface:

Wonderful idea! It can be a bit daunting to search to see if the question has already been asked.

Don't pi$$ me off, I am running out of room to store the bodies...

Resident Texasotan...

12 years 8 months ago #124841 by KCook
Anudder old faithful is Auto vs Program vs Aperture Priority vs Shutter Priority vs Manual

Not to mention "Which photo book?" and "Which online photo course?" and "Which photo blog / guru?"

sigh

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

12 years 8 months ago #125058 by Nikonjan
Putting this back to the top of the forum.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
The following user(s) said Thank You: McBeth Photography
12 years 8 months ago #125160 by Stealthy Ninja
All good suggestions... now if you guys could find the threads that discuss these things and post it here we can put up the links.

:)

We'll also combine threads that are really similar.
12 years 7 months ago #130313 by McBeth Photography
Putting this back to the top of the forum.

It is what it is.
12 years 7 months ago #130316 by Baydream
Good plan. Ninj. I;ll keep an eye out for the "dups". Threads an polarizer filters seem popular, just need to track them down.
Welcome back from holiday.

Shoot, learn and share. It will make you a better photographer.
fineartamerica.com/profiles/john-g-schickler.html?tab=artwork

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024

The Leica SL2-S is an attractive, premium mirrorless camera with photo and video specs that are sure to impress. And with the legendary Leica name, you know this camera exudes quality!

Mar 26, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

Moving from taking snapshots of your dog to creating beautiful images doesn’t have to be that difficult! Use the tips outlined in this dog photography guide, and you’ll get better results in no time.

Apr 15, 2024

Acrylic print photos are a beautiful way to display your favorite images. But they don’t come without some questions. Get all the answers you need about this medium in this guide!

Apr 15, 2024

Where do you get your landscape photography inspiration? Is it from masters like Ansel Adams? Or perhaps viewing art from other genres? We’ve got these and a few other sources for you to check out!

Apr 10, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Too often, affordable online printing companies don’t meet your expectations of what a print should look like. But there are some choices that combine affordability with superb quality!

Apr 09, 2024

Self-critique is an important component of your journey to improving as a photographer. Use these simple tips about critiquing your work as a means to make faster progress with your art.

Apr 08, 2024

With these easy iPhone photography tips, you can maximize the functionality of your iPhone’s camera and get much-improved results for portraits, landscapes, and any other genre!

Apr 05, 2024