What is the newest piece of Photography equipment you have bought?

12 years 10 months ago #86011 by Rob pix4u2
New Tamron 70-200 2.8 for next hockey season

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #86045 by mj~shutterbugg

Nikonjan wrote:

mj~shutterbugg wrote: Does it count what I will be purchasing tonight? A tripod, 2 ND filters, and a flash bender. Ugh my Visa hurts. I wanted to add a P&S Canon but Hubby vetoed it as too much money for not a need.

Wow! Good for you! I think I need to order something now!:drool:

\

The ND filters got vetoed as well but I am getting my tripod and the flash bender- those are not negotiable, lol. I am :drool: :drool: :drool: over all the new lenses people are buying. I have a huge wish list and my lens fund got depleted buy a boo-boo I bought on ebay 4 yrs ago and it caught up to me (had to buy a full version of photoshop- ouchie- instead of the upgrade I budgeted for.) So I am running low on money but high on wants.

On my wants are the 70-200 f/2.8 and the Canon 100 Macro. any got some extra cash they feel like donating?

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 10 months ago #86049 by chasrich
My lens pen came in :woohoo: from Hong Kong... Not much but at least now I can write notes to my lens when I want... :rofl:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #86119 by kcphotography
iv just got myself the canon 7d with a 50mm f/1.8 iv also just ordred the old but great canon ef 28-70mm mk 11.
iv never used this lens so if anyone has tried it out can you tell me what you think, iv read some great reviwes about it online. ..

12 years 10 months ago #86133 by photobod

chasrich wrote: My lens pen came in :woohoo: from Hong Kong... Not much but at least now I can write notes to my lens when I want... :rofl:

Would that be the new lens you mentioned by any chance Charles :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #86139 by photobod
You have all made me very sad, as whilst I cannot work I also cannot spend wheres the crying icon when you want it.:( ;) :ohmy: :dry: :blink: :S

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #86143 by McBeth Photography

effron wrote: Just got me a brand spankin' new Nikon 16-35 f4 lens.........:)

I've been eyeing that lens for a while....can't wait to hear your review of it.

It is what it is.
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #86249 by chasrich

photobod wrote:

chasrich wrote: My lens pen came in :woohoo: from Hong Kong... Not much but at least now I can write notes to my lens when I want... :rofl:

Would that be the new lens you mentioned by any chance Charles :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Of course. I have to write it notes because it isn't here yet. I never write notes to lenses I can speak directly to. I mean really! That would be :woohoo: CRAZY! :woohoo:

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #86327 by effron

McBeth Photography wrote:

effron wrote: Just got me a brand spankin' new Nikon 16-35 f4 lens.........:)

I've been eyeing that lens for a while....can't wait to hear your review of it.

If it ever stops raining here, I am gonna break it in. I will report and post.........B)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #86511 by Vahrenkamp
Just ordered one of those Lensbaby Composers

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #86531 by ozman1865
Recently I picked up my first external flash. I wanted to give it a few shots and see how it was working before I talked about the purchase.

I had done some checking on flashes and after an extensive turmoil about what kind or what I wanted the flash to do I came to the conclusion to purchase the YongNuo YN468 Speedlite For Canon TTL digital cameras. I have not completely figured out the full flash capabilities yet but have used it to do some fill light work on several recent photo shoot with very good results. Thus far I have had no mis fires from this flash and seems to work well with the TTL and ETTL Portion with my canon 50D. Prior to purchase I wavered between the YN468 and the newer YN520 I believe it was not sure about the proper number of the later version. The YN468 seemed to be a better fit for the present time for my indulgance into Flash Photography. I have yet to use this as a remote flash but soon will purchase the required RC devices to use it as a remote and do some testing that way also. I did have a few concerns about going with the non canon version of a speedlite but it seems that YongNuo has done there research in making this accessory, and at 1/3 the price of the full blown canon equivalent. After purchase I had said to myself ...... how can I know this isn't as good as the canon or the million other brands out there unless i tried it and well since this is my first external flash for my 50D guess I can't say I can tell the difference. as time grows on me and time allows me greater divulagence into higher end equipment this will suffice. I have many years to catch up on as for the experience of many of you here on the site but we all have to start somewhere...... so this is my start into Flash photography and well looking forward to learning the full capabilities of this new purchase hope you all have a grand time shoot as I do. Thanks for reading my post

Jeff
Jeff Frazell Photography

12 years 10 months ago #86713 by Ziggy
Does a photography magazine count :whistle: :rofl:

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #86771 by chasrich

Ziggy wrote: Does a photography magazine count :whistle: :rofl:

That depends... Did you read it or just look at the pictures?

12 years 10 months ago #86781 by Nikonjan

ozman1865 wrote: Recently I picked up my first external flash. I wanted to give it a few shots and see how it was working before I talked about the purchase.

I had done some checking on flashes and after an extensive turmoil about what kind or what I wanted the flash to do I came to the conclusion to purchase the YongNuo YN468 Speedlite For Canon TTL digital cameras. I have not completely figured out the full flash capabilities yet but have used it to do some fill light work on several recent photo shoot with very good results. Thus far I have had no mis fires from this flash and seems to work well with the TTL and ETTL Portion with my canon 50D. Prior to purchase I wavered between the YN468 and the newer YN520 I believe it was not sure about the proper number of the later version. The YN468 seemed to be a better fit for the present time for my indulgance into Flash Photography. I have yet to use this as a remote flash but soon will purchase the required RC devices to use it as a remote and do some testing that way also. I did have a few concerns about going with the non canon version of a speedlite but it seems that YongNuo has done there research in making this accessory, and at 1/3 the price of the full blown canon equivalent. After purchase I had said to myself ...... how can I know this isn't as good as the canon or the million other brands out there unless i tried it and well since this is my first external flash for my 50D guess I can't say I can tell the difference. as time grows on me and time allows me greater divulagence into higher end equipment this will suffice. I have many years to catch up on as for the experience of many of you here on the site but we all have to start somewhere...... so this is my start into Flash photography and well looking forward to learning the full capabilities of this new purchase hope you all have a grand time shoot as I do. Thanks for reading my post

Jeff
Jeff Frazell Photography

Hadn't heard of that brand before, so did a search on Amazon to read reviews, Saw a couple bad ones but several good ones. Guess you can go there and write a review after you've tested it.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago #86829 by Cre8tivefix

Nikonjan wrote:

ozman1865 wrote: Recently I picked up my first external flash. I wanted to give it a few shots and see how it was working before I talked about the purchase.

Jeff
Jeff Frazell Photography

Hadn't heard of that brand before, so did a search on Amazon to read reviews, Saw a couple bad ones but several good ones. Guess you can go there and write a review after you've tested it.

Cool, I just ordered YongNuo flash trigger / recievers. I'll let you know how those work out. (They aren't the TTL kind though since my flashes aren't TTL) If the brand holds up, their price will be well worth the risk in my book.

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

The Nikon D850 might be an older DSLR, but it was ahead of its time when it debuted in 2017. That means it still has plenty of firepower to compete with today’s powerful mirrorless cameras.

Apr 30, 2024

The best beginner camera isn’t the same for everyone. That means having choice is of the utmost importance. In this guide, explore five excellent beginner camera options for 2024 and beyond.

Apr 25, 2024

Child portrait photography is a unique undertaking requiring special skills and talents to get the best results. Start mastering this photography niche with these essential tips!

Apr 25, 2024

The Fujifilm XT5 is a 40MP mirrorless camera capable of 6.2K video at 30p. With those specs, it’s an ideal choice for photographers needing a camera to pull double duty for imaging and video.

Apr 25, 2024

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024