What is the newest piece of Photography equipment you have bought?

12 years 10 months ago #88833 by effron
Just got a Tiffen 2 to 8 variable neutral density filter. Probably never use it, like most of my "stuff", but I have it in case of emergencies......:)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #88933 by photobod

haggis wrote: Just bought one of the 64 LED lights from 7dayshop. Great alternative to a flash for close work. I used it on a couple of baby shoots recently and it was less distracting for them than a flash going off.
Also means you can experiment a lot more with camera settings when you don't have to consider sync speeds.
Next test will be first dance at a wedding where guests flashes are a nuisance.

Post a few shots please Haggis, I have been thinking of buying one of these and would value your input.

www.dcimages.org.uk
"A good photograph is one that communicate a fact, touches the heart, leaves the viewer a changed person for having seen it. It is, in a word, effective." - Irving Penn

12 years 10 months ago #89049 by Scotty
I am about to pull the trigger on some gitzo tripod legs, a markins q20 head, and an RSS plate for a full system.

As soon as nikon announces new stuff ill decide if i buy the d3x or d4x.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #89227 by mj~shutterbugg
I got my tripod!!! I bought a 055XPROB with a 322rc2 head. So far I am loving it! I also got myself the Rogue Flash Bender and it is really nice as well.

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 10 months ago #89241 by Scotty

mj~shutterbugg wrote: I got my tripod!!! I bought a 055XPROB with a 322rc2 head. So far I am loving it! I also got myself the Rogue Flash Bender and it is really nice as well.

Thats what im currently using.

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #89487 by effron

Nikonjan wrote: I just ordered a Lee Big Stopper ND Filter (10 stop) Glass 4x4. I just happened to see a blog from a photographer I follow and he used it. I had bought a while back some Cokin plastic ones but I think this will be much better. The only thing is it is backordered, so who knows when I will get it. Adorama had it for $129.

Just to give you a warning, I've been on the "notify when available" list for this filter at both stores for much more than a year........:angry:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #89583 by Office Guy
I just bought a Chimera PRO II STRIP Lightbanks (Small one)

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #89587 by Nikonjan

effron wrote:

Nikonjan wrote: I just ordered a Lee Big Stopper ND Filter (10 stop) Glass 4x4. I just happened to see a blog from a photographer I follow and he used it. I had bought a while back some Cokin plastic ones but I think this will be much better. The only thing is it is backordered, so who knows when I will get it. Adorama had it for $129.

Just to give you a warning, I've been on the "notify when available" list for this filter at both stores for much more than a year........:angry:

Wow! A whole year! I'll give it a few weeks then decide, probably will end up cancelling if it will take that long. Wonder why, it's just a piece of dark glass! You would think they could make them quicker for the customers.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago #89625 by Scotty

Nikonjan wrote:

effron wrote:

Wow! A whole year! I'll give it a few weeks then decide, probably will end up cancelling if it will take that long. Wonder why, it's just a

piece of dark glass! You would think they could make them quicker for the customers.

You guys are doing it all wrong.

Alex and I got ours within 2-3 months time.

Go to www.2filters.com . buy it on there then call or send emails, get in contact with their rep andrea and email her everyweek. She'll keep you updated o. all shipments. They get the larget shipments of Lee product...over bh and adorama.

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #89661 by Nikonjan

Scotty wrote:

Nikonjan wrote:

effron wrote:

Wow! A whole year! I'll give it a few weeks then decide, probably will end up cancelling if it will take that long. Wonder why, it's just a

piece of dark glass! You would think they could make them quicker for the customers.

Go to www.2filters.com . buy it on there then call or send emails, get in contact with their rep andrea and email her everyweek. She'll keep you updated o. all shipments. They get the larget shipments of Lee product...over bh and adorama.

This is what it shows on their web site.
10 F/stop Lee Glass Filter from the UK, made by Lee Filters

Lee Big Stopper 4x4 Glass Lee filter solid 10 f/stop Natural Density filter, delivery started arriving May 20110 in the USA. 2filter has been taking orders for future delivery for over 1 year and we still can't seem to book large enought futures orders but e are doing our best to have all orders plus almost double on order. The images 2filter has seen on British photog web sites are stunning.

2filter is Sold Out as of 3/21/2011
2filter is seeing better quantities coming into the USA, a new wait list has just started
more are due in June, we hope.
As we always have, we never charge
your card until delivery.
Free Shipping and No Sales Tax
$133.93 ORDER

1st delivery on Lee Big Stoppers, May 2010, 7 units for all of the USA things have improved now hundreds are arriving. The Lee Big Stopper filter is worth waiting for The Big Stopper is so well thought out especially the special feature to deal with light leak issues

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago #89697 by DaveO
Just bought an LED source light for video and no flash photography and a pair of rainsleeves from B&H.

DaveO

12 years 10 months ago #89733 by Scotty

Nikonjan wrote:

Scotty wrote:

Nikonjan wrote:

effron wrote:

This is what it shows on their web site.
10 F/stop Lee Glass Filter from the UK, made by Lee Filters

Lee Big Stopper 4x4 Glass Lee filter solid 10 f/stop Natural Density filter, delivery started arriving May 20110 in the USA. 2filter has been taking orders for future delivery for over 1 year and we still can't seem to book large enought futures orders but e are doing our best to have all orders plus almost double on order. The images 2filter has seen on British photog web sites are stunning.

2filter is Sold Out as of 3/21/2011
2filter is seeing better quantities coming into the USA, a new wait list has just started
more are due in June, we hope.
As we always have, we never charge
your card until delivery.
Free Shipping and No Sales Tax
$133.93 ORDER

1st delivery on Lee Big Stoppers, May 2010, 7 units for all of the USA things have improved now hundreds are arriving. The Lee Big Stopper filter is worth waiting for The Big Stopper is so well thought out especially the special feature to deal with light leak issues

thats been up there for awhile, just do what i said and you'll
get it fast.

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #90045 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote: I am about to pull the trigger on some gitzo tripod legs, a markins q20 head, and an RSS plate for a full system.

D4x won't be out for a while after the D4 is announced I guess.

Why not RRS legs dude?! ;)
12 years 10 months ago #90053 by kyclover237
Just ordered 50mm II f/1.8 lens. Should be here Monday!!

vintagecloverphoto.com
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #90161 by Scotty

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Scotty wrote: I am about to pull the trigger on some gitzo tripod legs, a markins q20 head, and an RSS plate for a full system.

D4x won't be out for a while after the D4 is announced I guess.

Why not RRS legs dude?! ;)

Too much for legs that are sold out.

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024