What is the newest piece of Photography equipment you have bought?

12 years 10 months ago #90167 by Stealthy Ninja

Scotty wrote:

Stealthy Ninja wrote:

Scotty wrote: I am about to pull the trigger on some gitzo tripod legs, a markins q20 head, and an RSS plate for a full system.

As soon as nikon announces new stuff ill decide if i buy the d3x or d4x.

D4x won't be out for a while after the D4 is announced I guess.

Why not RRS legs dude?! ;)

Too much for legs that are sold out.

OIC how about 3-legged thing?
12 years 10 months ago #90907 by effron

Nikonjan wrote:

Scotty wrote: [b sites are stunning.

1st delivery on Lee Big Stoppers, May 2010, 7 units for all of the USA things have improved now hundreds are arriving. The Lee Big Stopper filter is worth waiting for The Big Stopper is so well thought out especially the special feature to deal with light leak issues

I got on the NYC store waiting list because 2filter couldn't give a delivery estimate well over a year ago. I don't know where you heard hundreds were coming in, I was just informed they got seven in March, and NONE since. Anyway, I am on their list also.......:P

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #90957 by Scotty

effron wrote:

Nikonjan wrote:

Scotty wrote: [b sites are stunning.

1st delivery on Lee Big Stoppers, May 2010, 7 units for all of the USA things have improved now hundreds are arriving. The Lee Big Stopper filter is worth waiting for The Big Stopper is so well thought out especially the special feature to deal with light leak issues

I got on the NYC store waiting list because 2filter couldn't give a delivery estimate well over a year ago. I don't know where you heard hundreds were coming in, I was just informed they got seven in March, and NONE since. Anyway, I am on their list also.......:P

That listing on 2filters is old, but if you harass them enough, you'll get one fast.

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #90975 by Cre8tivefix

ozman1865 wrote:

Cre8tivefix wrote:

Nikonjan wrote:

ozman1865 wrote: Recently I picked up my first external flash. I wanted to give it a few shots and see how it was working before I talked about the purchase.

I had done some checking on flashes and after an extensive turmoil about what kind or what I wanted the flash to do I came to the conclusion to purchase the YongNuo YN468 Speedlite For Canon TTL digital cameras. I have not completely figured out the full flash capabilities yet but have used it to do some fill light work on several recent photo shoot with very good results. Thus far I have had no mis fires from this flash and seems to work well with the TTL and ETTL Portion with my canon 50D. Prior to purchase I wavered between the YN468 and the newer YN520 I believe it was not sure about the proper number of the later version. The YN468 seemed to be a better fit for the present time for my indulgance into Flash Photography. I have yet to use this as a remote flash but soon will purchase the required RC devices to use it as a remote and do some testing that way also. I did have a few concerns about going with the non canon version of a speedlite but it seems that YongNuo has done there research in making this accessory, and at 1/3 the price of the full blown canon equivalent. After purchase I had said to myself ...... how can I know this isn't as good as the canon or the million other brands out there unless i tried it and well since this is my first external flash for my 50D guess I can't say I can tell the difference. as time grows on me and time allows me greater divulagence into higher end equipment this will suffice. I have many years to catch up on as for the experience of many of you here on the site but we all have to start somewhere...... so this is my start into Flash photography and well looking forward to learning the full capabilities of this new purchase hope you all have a grand time shoot as I do. Thanks for reading my post

Jeff
Jeff Frazell Photography

Hadn't heard of that brand before, so did a search on Amazon to read reviews, Saw a couple bad ones but several good ones. Guess you can go there and write a review after you've tested it.

Cool, I just ordered YongNuo flash trigger / recievers. I'll let you know how those work out. (They aren't the TTL kind though since my flashes aren't TTL) If the brand holds up, their price will be well worth the risk in my book.

Thank you both for your comments. I also had checked the feedback from amazon among probably 6 other sites. What I saw as for the negative feebacks included probable defective items and most were corrected by warrant. I also noticed that several of the negatives came from previous Canon Flash owners whom I assume expect a lot more from the flash that I am requiring at the present time. Like I said prior I am beginning to get into flash photography and well for someone that has Zero experience with External flash this unit is wonderful. As I develop in this venue of photography. So with that said my demands of the Flash unit are very little and just looking for the most part get a bit of Flash for fill.

Can you tell me what version of their flash triggers you purchased and are preparing to test. I have several items book marked that are from this company and well thus far with my flash unit and the operation of it I am very pleased and looking for the day I can spend the extra cash to purchase the triggers as I am really wanting to get a remote shutter release also as I start to dabble into a bit more refined photography and well for some reason I am struggling with the simple task of pushing the button without moving the camera. I am working on it but still need the precision of the remote with the mirror lockup to get the really clear shots. so any info you can share will be greatly received from you Thanks again to you both

It just came in today. It's a Yongnuo ctr-301p. Basically it's a trigger that goes on the camera's hot shoe, and a hot shoe/ pc cord receiver that can be activated by the trigger wirelessly, or as a photo slave trigger. I've only had a few minutes to try it out and I did get several misfires, but that could be because the flash wasn't ready to fire yet. The flash units are "new" too, so I'm dealing with a learning curve right now. But misfire or not I'm perfectly happy with it. It will serve for what I need it for. :) Looking forward to a nice quiet day when I can sit and give it another try.

12 years 10 months ago #93309 by kyclover237
Got my 50mm lens in the mail today! Wohoo! Can't wait to get home and try it out :drool:

vintagecloverphoto.com
[email protected]

12 years 10 months ago #94953 by Rob pix4u2
Nikon 70-200 VR II Thermos from B & H . Great conversation piece and a thermos that fits in my camera bags

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

12 years 10 months ago #95155 by chasrich
I got a reversing adapter for my 50mm... now where did I put that bug jar?

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 10 months ago #97951 by Screamin Scott
Just ordered a UDMA CF card reader to replace my old Lexar reader....Also bought an older Vivitar 283 flash off of eBay yesterday for $10.50 to use an auxiliary lighting .

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #98263 by No Show
Just ordered a small Westcott softbox

D300| Nikkor 24-70mm 2.8 | Nikkor 70-200mm VR 2.8 | Nikkor 50mm 1.8 | Nikon 2x Teleconverter | Sigma 105mm 2.8 | Tokina 12-24
Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #98273 by Nikonjan

No Show wrote: Just ordered a small Westcott softbox

Nice! :thumbsup:

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #98441 by MLKstudios
New model Manfrotto magnesium ball head for the Berlebach "sticks" on its way.

Got it with an .edu discount.

:)

I wasn't gong to use a head with these sticks, but when I saw them at B&H, I wanted to try one out. The discount made me "click".

Link www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/754046-ST...l_Head.html/mode/edu

Matthew L Kees
MLK Studios Photography School
www.MLKstudios.com
[email protected]
"Every artist, was once an amateur"

12 years 10 months ago #98503 by Village Clown
I have a small table top tripod I just ordered for my point and shoot.

Photo Comments
12 years 10 months ago #98541 by Mindrebø
A ball head for my "Gorilla". ;)

Grumblefish
12 years 10 months ago #99093 by JoAnne Muzila
A Bowens 39"x15" softbox

12 years 10 months ago #99103 by ruth_anne_b
I got another flash, SB700. I am thinking that I need a lens and a new laptop. My husband is going to kill me.

Ruth anne Baker
Photos by Ruth anne
www.photosbyruthanne.com

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024