What is the newest piece of Photography equipment you have bought?

12 years 9 months ago #103720 by Screamin Scott
Just got a used Vivitar 285HV flash for a total of $25 shipped off of eBay (they go for twice that normally without shipping)...Wasn't listed as such & was listed with 2 other flashes as a package deal. The listing didn't get any bids, so I contacted the seller & offered him $25 for just the Vivitar unit (it will be an off camera light for me...)

Scott Ditzel Photography

www.flickr.com/photos/screaminscott/

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #103728 by chasrich

Screamin Scott wrote: Just got a used Vivitar 285HV flash for a total of $25 shipped off of eBay (they go for twice that normally without shipping)...Wasn't listed as such & was listed with 2 other flashes as a package deal. The listing didn't get any bids, so I contacted the seller & offered him $25 for just the Vivitar unit (it will be an off camera light for me...)

My kind of bargaining. My favorite is when you find something misspelled and nobody can search for it. Good catch SS.

“Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light, I just make pictures… ” ~ Vernon Trent
12 years 9 months ago #103866 by Gabriel Photos
Would a iPad count?

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #103868 by Screamin Scott

Gabriel Photos wrote: Would a iPad count?

Only if you sent it to me...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #104004 by mj~shutterbugg

color me jealous!

Think Off-Center ~ George Carlin
www.mjbrennanphoto.com

12 years 9 months ago #104114 by Scotty

Yup, I just bought my 2nd one (gen 2) not too long ago, which one you get?

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #104372 by effron

Scotty wrote:

effron wrote: Got tired of waiting for the Lee big stopper and got one of these............
www.tiffen.com/displayproduct.html?table...ilters&itemnum=77VND
So far, me likes it a lot..........

How long did u wait?

Over a year.........:angry:

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #104612 by Nikonjan

effron wrote:

Scotty wrote:

effron wrote: Got tired of waiting for the Lee big stopper and got one of these............

How long did u wait?

I also just canceled my order and ordered a BW 77mm 3.0 screw on filter from Adorama plus got a step up ring for my 72 so can use for two lens. I also got a 2 pack of Lexar 16GB compact flash cards for my upcoming trips. I have 7 - 4gb cards and don't want to change so often.

www.betterphoto.com?nikonjan
12 years 9 months ago #104628 by effron

Nikonjan wrote:

effron wrote:

Scotty wrote:

How long did u wait?

I also just canceled my order and ordered a BW 77mm 3.0 screw on filter from Adorama plus got a step up ring for my 72 so can use for two lens. I also got a 2 pack of Lexar 16GB compact flash cards for my upcoming trips. I have 7 - 4gb cards and don't want to change so often.

Jan, take a look at the one I linked to, I am having some fun with it. Also, I use the camera on aperture priority, focus at low effect and dial the filter up to max effect, and the camera usually selects the correct shutter speed, or very close. Cost not much different if one needs to purchase adapters and holders along with the big stopper........;)

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #104686 by Nikonjan

effron wrote:

Nikonjan wrote:

effron wrote:

Scotty wrote:

How long did u wait?

Jan, take a look at the one I linked to, I am having some fun with it. Also, I use the camera on aperture priority, focus at low effect and dial the filter up to max effect, and the camera usually selects the correct shutter speed, or very close. Cost not much different if one needs to purchase adapters and holders along with the big stopper........;)

Yes, I took a look at it.Thanks for that. The one I'm getting is $100 cheaper. Not variable though. I haven't done a lot of ND work but I work on Aperture mode also so I won't have to guess on shutter speed and just check my photo and histogram to see how things look and vary from that.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #104702 by lucky1one
I got this high tech modifier called KFCorignialrecipe7000. It's a microwavable container that I got for free from Kentucky Fried Chicken. I simply cut a hole in the back and sandwiched a piece of shower curtain material inside the lid. :P

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #104704 by Nikonjan

lucky1one wrote: I got this high tech modifier called KFCorignialrecipe7000. It's a microwavable container that I got for free from Kentucky Fried Chicken. I simply cut a hole in the back and sandwiched a piece of shower curtain material inside the lid. :P

Well aren't you clever. :judge: Isn't there a DIY section here you can post that to?

12 years 9 months ago #104784 by Scotty

effron wrote:

Scotty wrote:

How long did u wait?

I got mine within like 2-3 months, along with the harder to get lee SW 150.

You guys just aren't persistant enough :P

When the last candle has been blown out
and the last glass of champagne has been drunk
All that you are left with are the memories and the images-David Cooke.

Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #104830 by effron

Nikonjan wrote:

lucky1one wrote: I got this high tech modifier called KFCorignialrecipe7000. It's a microwavable container that I got for free from Kentucky Fried Chicken. I simply cut a hole in the back and sandwiched a piece of shower curtain material inside the lid. :P

Well aren't you clever. :judge: Isn't there a DIY section here you can post that to?

Will that work on a good camera too, like a Nikon???...........................:P

Why so serious?
Photo Comments
12 years 9 months ago #107802 by Screamin Scott
Waiting on a set of 8 AA Sanyo rechargable Eneloop batteries to arrive

Scott Ditzel Photography

Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024