Please post bugs in this thread

11 years 7 months ago #253519 by Alex

icepics wrote: Now instead of a pop-up we seem to have a pop down - it's a welcome and sign in with Facebook, which is across the tops of photos or people's comments in the Forum that I'm trying to look at and read. According to this thread it's been five months... hope we're about done with all the changes and glitches.

What browser are you using?

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #253520 by sree2472

icepics wrote: Now instead of a pop-up we seem to have a pop down - it's a welcome and sign in with Facebook, which is across the tops of photos or people's comments in the Forum that I'm trying to look at and read. According to this thread it's been five months... hope we're about done with all the changes and glitches.

I agree...one question is why can't that green bar of welcome and signing in with facebook be adjusted on that black bar at the top...I am noticing as I am scrolling down, the bar seems to cover the top of the page

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
11 years 7 months ago #253521 by Alex
I seem to have overlooked a few of your comment's from the last few days! I've just sent email to programmer to look into these issues. We just had a major server change a couple weeks ago and are finding a few bugs here and there. I'll make sure they get taken care.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Alex

Thank you for making PhotographyTalk.com your photography community of choice.
Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #253561 by John Landolfi
Thanks, Alex!

Photo Comments
11 years 7 months ago #253585 by sree2472
thanks Alex

former senior writer cum features editor for Diamond World - a trading magazine for the gem and jewellery industry
11 years 7 months ago #253661 by rtenny

Safyia wrote: I discoverd two bugs today.

The first one happened during registration, I filled in the form, but accidentaly filled in my username as "B". After registration I received an email, welcoming me in photographytalk, but I could not Log in with my credentials. After a few tries, trying also the "forgotten password", which claimed, my mail adress is not registred, I registred again, but this time I entered "Safyia" as my username. I completed the registration, followed by an email and a succesful log in.

wed by the sql select statement. If I let the Location field empty, ewerything worked.
;)

I checked the registration log and I cannot see the failed attempt with Username "B". Thats would explain why the password reset did not work. But it does not explain why you got a welcome email. Have you still got the welcome email? That would help in tracking this bug.

Thanks for your help.
Ralf

11 years 7 months ago #253665 by rtenny

Second one happend when I was Browsing galleries. I filled in a Location in the gallery search and I've got an
RROR: 500
DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'pdata.location'
This followed by the sql select statement. If I let the Location field empty, ewerything worked.
;)

Thanks for reporting this error. I have fixed that now.

11 years 6 months ago #253694 by John Landolfi

rtenny wrote:

Second one happend when I was Browsing galleries. I filled in a Location in the gallery search and I've got an
RROR: 500
DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'pdata.location'
This followed by the sql select statement. If I let the Location field empty, ewerything worked.
;)

Thanks for reporting this error. I have fixed that now.

The back button still doesn't work, Ralf, and photos still don't open fully. :ohmy:

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #253747 by icepics
I've had trouble today posting photos on the Forum (I'm on Internet Explorer). I tried some hi res scans just to see if they'd post (they didn't), but when I converted them to JPG they still took a long time to load/post and some came up really large so I only left a couple on the thread I'd posted.

I had trouble figuring out how to change my avatar. Clicking on the picture didn't give me any options; I couldn't find anyplace on the Profile page to change it. I finally went to Galleries and to Add/edit Existing Albums (I think) to change it. I also haven't been able to send a PM anymore from my profile page and had to go into Community and Search.

I've posted over the summer asking about the Like It, Share It feature, which has been changed to just show social media icons. I feel like it should be up to each member to determine where their photos go; I removed all my photos from the folders on my profile page because I don't think others should be able to post my photos elsewhere - I'd like to see us as photographers have options to decide how to share or protect our work on here.

Sharon
Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #253754 by John Landolfi

icepics wrote: I've had trouble today posting photos on the Forum (I'm on Internet Explorer). I tried some hi res scans just to see if they'd post (they didn't), but when I converted them to JPG they still took a long time to load/post and some came up really large so I only left a couple on the thread I'd posted.

I had trouble figuring out how to change my avatar. Clicking on the picture didn't give me any options; I couldn't find anyplace on the Profile page to change it. I finally went to Galleries and to Add/edit Existing Albums (I think) to change it. I also haven't been able to send a PM anymore from my profile page and had to go into Community and Search.

I've posted over the summer asking about the Like It, Share It feature, which has been changed to just show social media icons. I feel like it should be up to each member to determine where their photos go; I removed all my photos from the folders on my profile page because I don't think others should be able to post my photos elsewhere - I'd like to see us as photographers have options to decide how to share or protect our work on here.

:agree: :goodpost:

Photo Comments
The following user(s) said Thank You: icepics
11 years 6 months ago #253835 by sree2472

John Landolfi wrote:

icepics wrote: I've had trouble today posting photos on the Forum (I'm on Internet Explorer). I tried some hi res scans just to see if they'd post (they didn't), but when I converted them to JPG they still took a long time to load/post and some came up really large so I only left a couple on the thread I'd posted.

:agree: :goodpost:

Even I agree ...plus the green bar of welcome to photographytalk. sign in with facebook is becoming very irritating. Can this placed somewhere else and appear only on the home page and not on every page

11 years 6 months ago #253842 by KCook
:agree:
In my view the thing that is making the new "Welcome to PhotographyTalk. Sign in with <Facebook>" such a royal PITA is that it is floating. Please find somewhere on the page to dock that sucker!

Kelly

Canon 50D, Olympus PL2
kellycook.zenfolio.com/

11 years 6 months ago #257773 by garyrhook
No, the problem with the annoying green bar is that the browser window isn't wide enough to accommodate all of the elements in the black bar + the green bar that must be visible. In other words, the page is programmed so that "PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM", "PHOTOGRAPHY ARTICLES", "ADVERTISE HERE", the search widget + search button, "Welcome..." and the idiotic "Facebook" button all have to be visible, can't be condensed, can't force the page to be wider than the window (and create a scroll bar) unless the browser window is 1900 pixels wide. If I maximize the window on my laptop both of those parts flow across the top of the window in a single line like they're supposed to. Anything less wide, and the green bar drops down to occlude other page elements.

Here's a suggestion: better programming that focuses on the user experience.

Why do I need more than one mechanism for getting to the articles, or the forums? If you're going to create a floating menu bar, make the items short, small and concise. And create one floating element along the top of the window, not two. That's just bad design. There's also room at the bottom of the window for a floating bar. Has anyone considered using that space?

I do not need a constant banner that welcomes me to PT and invites me to login when I am already logged in. I mean, come on. Really? Several months ago It took me about a week to figure out cookies and session management and to program pages that are much, much smarter than these. It's possible to do better than this.

If I'm already logged in, don't offer any other way to login. That makes no sense whatsoever. That includes the "Login" menu item and the FB thingy. Make them go away, please.

I'm happy to provide design input any time.

Oh: Firefox, Chrome, IE9, all current. All behaving the same way.

Photo Comments
11 years 6 months ago #257785 by Rob pix4u2
Alex- I've lost the ability to compose and send private messages. I can no longer respond when someone sends me a message and there is no message icon below my avatar either. Thanks in advance for addressing this issue.

Remember to engage brain before putting mouth in gear
Rob Huelsman Sr.
My Facebook www.facebook.com/ImaginACTIONPhotography

11 years 6 months ago #257914 by icepics
I'm having the same problems/concerns. (I don't know if we post in ths thread if it's still getting checked, but since you guys posted...)

I also had a weird glitch yesterday that first showed up as a security error, then every time I go back a page a white empty box opens momentarily covering most of the page (it's sort of like a pop-up being blocked or something).

And I keep asking about this, but can't there be a way to make it optional for people to allow others to take their photos off the galleries here and post them on the various social media sites?? Even if someone just wants to show/share it, once it's on a social media site that allows it to be used for whatever purpsose.

Sharon
Photo Comments

• Facebook

817,251 / Likes

• Twitter

241,000 / Followers

• Google+

1,620,816 / Followers

Latest Reviews

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024

The Canon EOS R50 is one of the newest R-system cameras from Canon. Is it worth your money? Find out all the details you need to know in this comprehensive review.

Apr 10, 2024

The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II is Sony’s flagship mirrorless zoom lens. As such, it’s loaded with features and has a top-shelf build quality that makes it a top pick!

Mar 27, 2024
Get 600+ Pro photo lessons for $1

Forum Top Posters

Latest Articles

Using leading lines in photography helps improve the composition by drawing viewers in and leading their eye from the foreground to the background. Explore some fine examples of this in this guide!

Apr 24, 2024

The Insta360 has one of the best lineups of action cams and 360-degree cameras. With these Insta360 accessories, you can elevate your photography and videography game!

Apr 24, 2024

Creating impactful photos of landscapes depends on many factors, not the least of which is your talent behind the lens. This guide explores other elements required for the best product.

Apr 23, 2024

The Canon EOS R100 is an entry-level mirrorless camera introduced in 2023. But just because it’s an entry-level camera doesn’t mean it’s a bare-bones camera. Find out why in this review!

Apr 22, 2024

Are you ready to upgrade your camera? Before buying new, you might consider the value of purchasing used gear to save money.

Apr 18, 2024

The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is a micro four thirds camera released in 2020. It’s an entry-level system along with the OM-D E-M5 Mark III. Use this guide to determine which one is best for you!

Apr 17, 2024

Blue hour photography might not be as well known as golden hour photography, but it is every bit as good a time to create epic images of landscapes. Learn how in this quick tutorial!

Apr 17, 2024

Nikon’s retro-looking Nikon Zfc is anything but retro. Under its classic body is a host of features and amenities that make it a worthwhile compact mirrorless camera for 2024.

Apr 15, 2024